• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I feel much the same. This is why I would prefer if they just made the initial generation pairs much more fleshed out and complete and full of content; as if the "third version" were the original instead. Then, instead of a third version like C/E/Pt/USUM, they could either release a full-fledged sequel or remakes to fill the generation. This way, DLC and updates wouldn't even be necessary (outside of making new forms and such introduced in the sequels/remakes usable in the originals).

I do think that would be the ideal, although it would require them to first slow down their rate of release. Which I don’t think would be a bad idea at all - I don’t even think that Gen 6 needed to end as soon as it did, but I understand how the combination of the anniversary and the Switch might have made things awkward. At least, I’m hoping that was the main culprit for the breakneck pace of the 3DS era. I’d like to see a four-year-at-minimum generation on the Switch, but I’m not holding my breath for anything yet.

Last edited:
I do think that would be the ideal, although it would require them to first slow down their rate of release. Which I don’t think would be a bad idea at all - I don’t even think that Gen 6 needed to end as soon as it did, but I understand how the combination of the anniversary and the Switch might have made things awkward. At least, I’m hoping that was the main culprit for the breakneck pace of the 3DS era. I’d like to see a four-year-at-minimum generation on the Switch, but I’m not holding my breath for anything yet.

That I can agree too - the games need a slightly longer generation cycle. Granted, it’s probably faster and cheaper to produce games now than it was 20 years ago... but yes. The anniversary and the Switch launch forced Gamefreaks’ hand

And I’m sorry, the fan base does come off as entitled and pathetic when they complain about a game and say they’re not going to buy it when they haven’t played it. Yes, GameFreak is a company and in the interest of turning a profit, however, that doesn’t mean some fans don’t take ownership of the franchise and think their opinion is the only one that matters. That’s obnoxious.

I'm not going to argue over whether fans are being obnoxious over their complaints, but I will ask this in regards to your point: Why would you buy a game that doesn't seem to appeal to you? You wouldn't buy a new vacuum cleaner if you think it's going to break in the middle of cleaning the rug, so why would you buy a game that you think may not be enjoyable for you? The thing is, we do have a datamine that has laid the game pretty much bare for all to see, we have the dialogue and story script, we have the gameplay videos and streams, and what new features it has to offer, and from what those fans are getting it's not appealing to them. The product that GF is trying to sell is not doing a good job of selling itself, and because of that they don't feel the product is worth picking up. You may not agree with them on that notion and think the product is at least worth the look, but at the same time it's their right as costumers to not pay for it if they don't see it as worth putting $40 down for.

Last edited:
My response to GF's recent games: Developers want to appeal to the audience of mobile games for a more casual experience.The issue with doing that, which they've obviously done for gen 6-7. "No post game content, stream rolling through the story, characters that talk to you for maybe 10 minutes, or the whole game and still be extremely underdeveloped or forced" all these things lead to strong negatives. But because the majority of buyers are indifferent to these things the devs don't get the valuable critical reviews that they need.

It's not just "Hey I dislike these things" it's more of if they continue it's really going to effect the franchise as a whole, especially on the switch. Sure, it's too early to tell what's going to happen. But it is just as ridiculous to say "Well they've made some questionable mistakes but the switch is going to change all that". Like scrapping kalos, the "remake" of oras was really just another take on the hoenn region. It wasn't anything like FrLg, or HG and SS. Yet they called them remakes. Or because of Pokemon Go and the 20th anniversary there was so many empty holes in the story of alola

To break it down:

XY and Sun and Moon felt unfinished. More so than any other game except maybe Diamond and Pearl.
-parts of the fanbase are indifferent to the dev decisions that ultimately can effect the game quality. Kalos, and the rushed alola region.
-these mistakes are never even addressed in game reviews. Because all they do is play through the story, and then put the game down and review it from the experience. Never going deep enough for valid critism besides "too much water"
-pokemon has much more potential than sitting in the corner of the room collecting dust after you complete the story. Sure there's more things to do but really there isn't enough anymore, especially with switch coming down the line.

Well, we have at last one rumor ponting to the Switch version of Pokémon coming in 2018 alongside with the new VIII generation.
This thread must continue...

Well, we have at last one rumor ponting to the Switch version of Pokémon coming in 2018 alongside with the new VIII generation.
This thread must continue...

Actually no, you're looking for this thread: Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks :p

Keeping this one open in case someone still wants to discuss the leaks we got or for the small chance there's still some USUM leaks coming up. But y'all do keep in mind to please only use this thread for that, we have plenty of other threads for every other kind of discussion. If this thread dies due to no more rumors happening, then just let it die.

Back
Top Bottom