• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
On the older leaks like the "Adventure Time" owl posted above, the owl matching up is kind of interesting but the other two really don't..."Nyabby" for example looks like a bizarre volcano/dog hybrid and the water one "Ashimari" looks like a quadrupedal whale. I'm gonna say someone got lucky and is pushing it...

The new ones look good but the fact they're being "leaked" like the Unova Starters were, on paper framed and all, is the biggest sign of them being fake if you ask me.

They were pretty good fakes. That parrot was really nice especially but they were all good.

Oh well ;; these leaks are actually fun because you get to see people's ideas for new Pokemon and what they want to see, though its sad they arent real.

I wish those guys were real... Oh well.

Back to waiting for SM news and distracting myself with other things.

The artist has confirmed them fake: Sun and Moon Starters! (fan-made)

RIP sea lion god... I hope the real deal is just as perfect ;_;
Huge kudos to the artist. Those were so professional looking. I'm spoiled by them, nothing is going to top those.

But it did seem odd to me that these starters 'conveniently' used the trademarked names. There is no confirmation that Mokurou, Ashimari and Nyabby are starters. Well not 'used' per say, but definitely influenced by them.

Aww, that Tygro was cute, but I'm comfortable with them being confirmed fake. (I'm comfortable with anything after it's been confirmed fake.)

It was just a matter of hours before leaks that "coincidentially" fitted the trademarks surfaced. Anyway, let's review them...
-The bird gave away it was fake because it had too many colors, and didn't fit the starter archetypes of "cool", "calm", "cute", "feminine", etc.
-The tiger is actually amazing and looks realistic.
-Flipup is cute as hell, but there would have been a lot of "it looks like Oshawott" complains.

Remember, if it fits fan theories, fan deductions and fan expectations all at once it's likely fake, like the supposed Gen 6.5 list.

I'm sad they're fake, but not surprised. Still, it was fun looking at them! I think they're my favourite set of fake gen 7 starters so far. Their designs were wonderful :)

Keep em comin', fakers!!

Ran into these uys a bit late, but they're pretty obvious fakes. Nice work though. Very colorful.

zLTW3UN.jpg

You know I actually wouldn't be mad if these were real. Of course they're based off the trademarks.
I can haz fire kitteh nao? Because that is waaaaaaay too cute for words.

Too bad it's a fake. I want fire kitteh to be real so badly; a fire cat would just be awesome. =/

I'm glad those are not real, they kinda look...overdone. I don't like designs that have too much stuff going on...if that makes sense. They're not bad designs but they don't really appeal to me.

I don't mind leaks in general, but outright fakes just annoy me unless they're part of an April Fools stunt. Especially when it involves Pokémon from an upcoming generation.
I just don't see the humor in misleading people like that.

I'm glad those are not real, they kinda look...overdone. I don't like designs that have too much stuff going on...if that makes sense.
I can agree, Tygro's level of detail and color scheme is better compared to Growlithe than Fennekin.

zLTW3UN.jpg

You know I actually wouldn't be mad if these were real. Of course they're based off the trademarks.
I Love that last leaks!
they are so cute
the bird really fits with the hawaii atmosphere... (it's the second grass-flying maybe)
the cat remembers me to the last digimon... meikkomon kkkk
the lion sea... It's cute. more seals

but yeah... it's said that they could be fake.. even thought many people told that there was a kind of seal, and a bird and a lion/cat as starters since a few weeks ago

Those were probably the best fake starters we've seen thus far. They were obviously fake, but the designs were so good. I especially liked the Fire tiger and the Water seal starters. The latter could have easily been the new Piplup of the anime. The owl was nice, but maybe a bit too plain for me compared to the other two. I just hope that the actual starters turn out to be good like those fake ones.

I do wish they did try to make the player designs more realistic like the ones in the fake leaks here rather than the same generic cookie-cutter Red and Leaf based designs we've had since Gen 1,
Really? We've never had a character with red hair.

Sadly, that's unlikely for Nintendo to do this. Corporate policy forbids them from using fan submitted ideas. That's why they don't have contests like this very often.
But Minecraft has used many fan submitted ideas!

Also, that steel eevee looks awesome!

Really? We've never had a character with red hair.

But Minecraft has used many fan submitted ideas!

Also, that steel eevee looks awesome!
Minecraft is Microsoft. Pokemon is Nintendo.

Back
Top Bottom