• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Considering the leaks stated cat Pokémon is two-staged

Completely blanked on that, nevermind my post now :whistle: I agree, I don't see Type: Null having a pre-evolution.

Are we to assume that the pokemon shown in the bottom of the leaker's image are everything (excluding new pokemon and known alola forms) that will be available in the Alola dex? If so, outside of a few that evolve from pokemon in early generations and Rotom (who is required because of the dex itself), only two Sinnoh lines are found in the region (Garchomp and Lucario). Does this make Diamond and Pearl remakes any more likely?

This can't be a complete list- the Japanese version of the trailer we got yesterday showed both drifloon and misdreavus when it announced the time difference thing, neither of whom are on the list. The unhighlighted critters might just be there because of a pattern or something...

As for Zeb's question: I've seen several people come to the Type: Null conclusion you have as well. I personally have my doubts, but one can never be too open-minded nowadays~!

Those at the bottom of that image are just ones we've seen in trailers. The ones that are faded out we haven't seen in battle or in the overworld though, like say Haxorus' entrance at the Battle Royal, Slaking on the motel sign in concept art, Electrode on Sophocles' keychain, Staryu, Chinchou, Krabby, Horsea on the water-looking hotel concept art and the Hawlucha helmet for PokeRide.

It's basically non-faded = seen in battle/overworld, faded = seen in some other fashion than battle/overworld.

I doubt so. Type: Null is a synthetic Pokémon, and most likely, if not confirmed already, is man-made. Considering the leaks stated cat Pokémon is two-staged, should we expect a man-made Pokémon to have a pre-evolution is a big question mark.

Plus Type: Null is genderless. So unless it's like Ditto it's not going to able to breed with any other Pokemon anyway. No breeding means no passing types onto offspring.

Actually now that I think about it...will Ditto be able to breed with Type: Null? I'm kinda torn on that one.

I mean Pokemon like Porygon and Castform are manmade but they can still be bred with Ditto.

You know if it can breed with Ditto and they're playing Type: Null as this mysterious Pokemon that was just recently created, then maybe we'll have to wait for Gladion to give us a Type: Null egg in the post game in order to obtain one.

From that Reddit leak (29 July):

There is a pokemon more powerful than Arceus on stats. - Could this be Type: Null without its helmet?

Wimpod is the Gyarados/Milotic line of this gen and evolves into a chimera of Scolipede and Kabutops. - Does this seem more likely now due to Type: Null?
Doubt it. Type:Null is owned by a member of Team Skull. I seriously doubt someone from Team Skull would own a pokemon more powerful than Arceus itself. Type:Null seems to be just another regular pokemon but it may have stronger stats than other regular pokemon.

is it too late to speculate on the riddle leaks? the actress and the anime character. the actress came out in a show about a ghost mother and the anime character was also described as a "doll" so this may point to a new ghost doll pokemon or refer to the bannete line.
the monk staff- may refer to the four nobel truths- Four Noble Truths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or the six perfections. Pāramitā - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
n3 may refer to that there are 108 total new Pokemon.

I don't think they mean a literal chimera like Type: Null, I think they're just using it as a way to describe the design as being a mix of those too in say Bug-like features, body shapes, size, etc.

But I'm down for Wimpod turning into a beast since I love the little critter.

While we're on the subject of Type: Null, has it been considered that it might be the Normal-type cat that gains a type when you breed it? Obviously it's a really out-there suggestion that I'm sure a lot won't agree with. But if I had to (or wanted to) describe it in a simple way I would probably say it's a cat tbh, though I guess this is a bit subjective. And it gaining a type might make sense with all the stuff that its body is combined of. Something to ponder over anyway, since we don't really know much of anything about it or how it's going to function regarding mechanics like breeding.
I have seen it be brought up a few times yeah. I remember at least one other person saying it in this thread besides me.

Personally I think so. I think there is a pretty alright chance of it. Not super likely or anything though and it only kinda looks like a cat (monstrosity) like with the lil cat ears and the general body shape. I'm all for it outside of originally wanting that idea to be a more cutesy mon but this is cool too and I wouldn't really be surprised if it was true.

I'm thinking maybe Team Aether massed produced these things and created them with the intent that they could breed any type into them and basically have an army of Arceuses in a way.

Maybe Gladion also released them into the wild. Or maybe it wasn't mass produced but instead just made to breed an army, and you only get the one to breed the others.

Also why are the 2chan and Random leaks listed under credible leaks? One got a grand total of one thing right and didn't even elaborate on Raichu's type or general theme which are the main things that are surprising about it that would be hard to come up with on the fly. There is no real reason to trust this. The other leak just says Giga Wrecker isn't related to pokemon. Plenty of people already figured that out and mentioned that it was a different kind of trademark from Solgaleo, Lunala, and Marshadow. Just because somebody else could tell that doesn't mean their leak is reliable.

is it too late to speculate on the riddle leaks? the actress and the anime character. the actress came out in a show about a ghost mother and the anime character was also described as a "doll" so this may point to a new ghost doll pokemon or refer to the bannete line.
the monk staff- may refer to the four nobel truths- Four Noble Truths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or the six perfections. Pāramitā - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
n3 may refer to that there are 108 total new Pokemon.
Pretty good speculation!

Doubt it. Type:Null is owned by a member of Team Skull. I seriously doubt someone from Team Skull would own a pokemon more powerful than Arceus itself. Type:Null seems to be just another regular pokemon but it may have stronger stats than other regular pokemon.
The website directly states that Type: Null was created to fulfill some kind of specific mission, and to fight Legendaries, and that its powers are so incredibly vast that it wears that thing on its head keeps its powers in check. So there's nothing to doubt, we've been told for a fact that this thing is strong as hell but its powers are being restrained at the moment. When we get Type: Null's forme change that ditches the helmet (which I'm sure will happen) its stats could potentially rival Arceus.

And it's not just someone from Team Skull who has Type: Null, it's someone who obviously has a connection to the Aether President so the implication to me is that he took Null away from AF and deserted to TS, where he was made Enforcer cause he wouldn't give Null to just anyone.

you say this, but the official site says "To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology." That doesn't sound like a "regular pokemon". With its mask it might be treated as a regular mon, but I'm betting there's a form without the mask. Whether that will be introduced in the DP remakes, triggered by a z-move, or whatever, I'd imagine we're getting it. The obvious arceus parallels make me think it was created to rival arceus' power, or exceed it.

Edit: Damn you, pesky, you ninja. How...pesky of you.

I could see it having an alternate form without that helmet that puts it on the level of Arceus, while the form we curently know about is much weaker. It is also mentioned on the official site that it was made to rival mythical pokemon, but it's helmet holds back or controls its power

Edit: Wow ok 2 people just said this

The website directly states that Type: Null was created to fulfill some kind of specific mission, and to fight Legendaries, and that its powers are so incredibly vast that it wears that thing on its head keeps its powers in check. So there's nothing to doubt, we've been told for a fact that this thing is strong as hell but its powers are being restrained at the moment. When we get Type: Null's forme change that ditches the helmet (which I'm sure will happen) its stats could potentially rival Arceus.
But it is owned by Team Skull. A pokemon with that kind of power wouldn't be owned by anyone even with it's power being restricted. There is no way Type:Null could be stronger than Arceus. It probably has 600 BST or something. Also they might not give us a form for it (assuming that it does have one) since the original dragon never appeared. Type:Null will always be weaker than Arceus in my opinion.

I'm still thinking that Type: Null will be another Genesect situation, where another potential form is implied by its description, but never actually manifests in the gameplay.

Nevertheless, why rule it out. Assuming it's true, then I guess I can at least believe the part about it being stronger than Arceus - in thinking about it, it's not as if that's a hard thing to achieve anymore, these days, what with Mega Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo, and Primal Groudon/Kyogre running around.

That being said, the leak that mentions the stronger-than-Arceus Pokémon also claims that there will be 120 new Pokémon, which contradicts the very credible Bewear leak (which says that there will be more new Pokémon than there were in Gen VI, but not by many). The only way I can reconcile that is if the other leaker was including Alola Forms and such in the Pokémon count, but then, the lack of any mention of Alola Forms in their leak becomes a bit suspicious.

But it is owned by Team Skull. A pokemon with that kind of power wouldn't be owned by anyone even with it's power being restricted. There is no way Type:Null could be stronger than Arceus. It probably has 600 BST or something. Also they might not give us a form for it (assuming that it does have one) since the original dragon never appeared. Type:Null will always be weaker than Arceus in my opinion.
You know, unless someone happened to steal Null from it's creators in order to become a stronger trainer by having him as his partner.

I doubt so. Type: Null is a synthetic Pokémon, and most likely, if not confirmed already, is man-made. Considering the leaks stated cat Pokémon is two-staged, should we expect a man-made Pokémon to have a pre-evolution is a big question mark.

Completely blanked on that, nevermind my post now :whistle: I agree, I don't see Type: Null having a pre-evolution.

I could easily see it being two staged. Golurk is 2 staged and man made. Porygon is a man made pokemon and it's a 3 stage pokemon even.

Type: Null is the first( and hopefully only) time I'll say: "Game Freak is really running out of names for Pokemon!"

It's probably called that because it's an experiment of some kind. If that is the case I don't think Mew 2 and Porygon 2 are much better. Hell "Type: Null" sounds cooler and more imaginative to me.

Plus Type: Null is genderless. So unless it's like Ditto it's not going to able to breed with any other Pokemon anyway. No breeding means no passing types onto offspring.

Actually now that I think about it...will Ditto be able to breed with Type: Null? I'm kinda torn on that one.

I mean Pokemon like Porygon and Castform are manmade but they can still be bred with Ditto.

You know if it can breed with Ditto and they're playing Type: Null as this mysterious Pokemon that was just recently created, then maybe we'll have to wait for Gladion to give us a Type: Null egg in the post game in order to obtain one.

Oh right! Good point. It's definitely less likely then. I could still see it if it is like ditto though. Now that I think about it... it is made of a bunch of different kinds of pokemon, so that would actually make a bit of sense!

Type:Null seems to just be another pokemon that maybe be another Slaking/Flygon/Volcorona. Also when it say "there needs to be a pokemon powerful enough to rival those of mythology" I don't think they mean mythical pokemon specifically.

Either way it certainly is supposed to be somewhere along those lines. If not more powerful then certainly a rival, or if not Arceus then certainly some legendary or another. The official site directly states "To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology."
I'm still thinking that Type: Null will be another Genesect situation, where another potential form is implied by its description, but never actually manifests in the gameplay.

Nevertheless, why rule it out. Assuming it's true, then I guess I can at least believe the part about it being stronger than Arceus - in thinking about it, it's not as if that's a hard thing to achieve anymore, these days, what with Mega Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo, and Primal Groudon/Kyogre running around.

That being said, the leak that mentions the stronger-than-Arceus Pokémon also claims that there will be 120 new Pokémon, which contradicts the very credible Bewear leak (which says that there will be more new Pokémon than there were in Gen VI, but not by many). The only way I can reconcile that is if the other leaker was including Alola Forms and such in the Pokémon count, but then, the lack of any mention of Alola Forms in their leak becomes a bit suspicious.

The "leaker" could have just had a lucky guess. I still think this thing is meant rival Arceus but that doesn't necessarily mean they knew what they were talking about.

Edit: They could also be talking about Volcarona yea. I do vaguely remember it being sorta mythical in universe or being worshipped or something in Black and White.

It could be that Type: Null BST is 600 to rival mythical Pokemon. I don't see it go higher than that without a restricting ability.

Back
Top Bottom