• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
There's nothing wrong with the time placement fr=oras-hgss 3 years=dppt-bw 10/7ish rocket grunt from hgss has a kid many years passed)-bw 2 years=xy

We last saw oak in hgss/dppt which takes place at a minimum of 5 to four years ago if the grunts kid is 2 oak has had time to go on a vacation to hawii
What can oak not get a tan?
He can, it just looks darker than any tan can naturally get, unless this is just exaggerated for the fiction of the game. It just feels more likely this is a relative, with naturally dark skin.

But I mean, who knows.

Edit: I've been googling and I see a lot of pics of people using spray tan to achieve that dark of a look. Maybe Oak is buying lots of spray tan haha!

I'm also not saying "OMG IT'S ABSOLUTELY NOT OAK!!" I'm just saying, it's really unusual to me and I have a feeling it's a different person with the same last name, a relative.

Last edited:
He can, it just looks darker than any tan can naturally get, unless this is just exaggerated for the fiction of the game. It just feels more likely this is a relative, with naturally dark skin.

I reiterate:

Black_2_White_2_Marlon.png

Been confirmed to be his cousin in another thread. Didn't one of the more recent rumors mention Prof. Oak? It's obvious they mistook him for his cousin apparently, but that doesn't rule out said rumor/leak itself as it was technically correct about the professors.

Last edited:
Type: Null in my opinion is a one-of-a-kind pokemon. Gladion has the only one because he stole it from whoever created this chimera. At some point in the story we will gain possession of it. If that restraint is taken off it there's no doubt in my mind it's stats will rival that of some of the more powerful pokemon.

It gives me Mewtwo vibes. Poor thing... (Also I assumed its front legs were bug legs but I guess I can see how they're birds.)

I reiterate:

Black_2_White_2_Marlon.png
Yup Marlon pretty much shows you can get dark tans which obviously not a shock. Also Lillie's mom? If their refering to Lusamine she looks way too young to be a mother and this Oak studying Alolan forms makes sense.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with the time placement fr=oras-hgss 3 years=dppt-bw 10/7ish rocket grunt from hgss has a kid many years passed)-bw 2 years=xy

We last saw oak in hgss/dppt which takes place at a minimum of 5 to four years ago if the grunts kid is 2 oak has had time to go on a vacation to hawii
What can oak not get a tan?

Actually, I'm pretty sure ORAS and XY were said to take place in an entirely different dimension/timeline from all previous games.

Been confirmed to be his cousin in another thread. Didn't one of the more recent rumors mention Prof. Oak? It's obvious they mistook him for his cousin apparently, but that doesn't rule out said rumor/leak itself as it was technically correct about the professors.

What do you mean it was confirmed? Howso exactly?

EDIT: jk, I see what you're referring to

If you're referring to the one that @Knightwolf09 posted, then no. By Oak, they mean the new one.

All we're just missing from it are the Z-Forms.

Did you guys know this was posted yesterday?

https://images-2.discordapp.net/.eJ...u53Vd8PvHAiXQ.2obDgxJQdkKtjLmPuGYXQJdspfU.png

Early yesterday, like before the trailer came on.

Isn't the Aristotle hint still unsolved, though?

Yup Marlon pretty much shows you can get dark tans which obviously not a shock. Also Lillie's mom? If their refering to Lusamine she looks way too young to be a mother and Oak studying Alolan forms makes sense.

Lusamine looks at least 25 to me, so not too old to be a parent, but Lillie looks at least 10 if not older.

Actually, I'm pretty sure ORAS and XY were said to take place in an entirely different dimension/timeline from all previous games.

They do, but their timeline placements are still (roughly) the same, and we can infer that the other regions' adventures still happened albeit with some changes. The timeline is thought to progress as follows: FRLG/ORAS* > 3 years > HGSS/DPP > 5+ years > BW > 2 years > B2W2/XY > ? years > SM

* I personally think that ORAS are actually only about 5 years away from XY, since there is a character in ORAS who mentions having spoken to a Team Flare grunt in Kalos. 10 years seems, to me, like way too long of a time for Team Flare to have been active, but I could believe 5 years - Team Plasma was active for at least 5 years in total, after all. And speaking of Team Plasma, there is an NPC in ORAS who gives you Genesect's Drives - given that Genesect was created by Team Plasma, and that XY are concurrent with B2W2, putting ORAS at 5 years before B2W2/XY allows that to make some degree of sense, because Team Plasma would have been active when ORAS was taking place. But all of this being said, it's just my estimation based on those details in the games. Most people still assume that ORAS are concurrent with the Kanto story.

Isn't the Aristotle hint still unsolved, though?

Lusamine looks at least 25 to me, so not too old to be a parent, but Lillie looks at least 10 if not older.

They do, but their timeline placements are still (roughly) the same, and we can infer that the other regions' adventures still happened albeit with some changes. The timeline is thought to progress as follows: FRLG/ORAS* > 3 years > HGSS/DPP > 5+ years > BW > 2 years > B2W2/XY > ? years > SM

* I personally think that ORAS are actually only about 5 years away from XY, since there is a character in ORAS who mentions having spoken to a Team Flare grunt in Kalos. 10 years seems, to me, like way too long of a time for Team Flare to have been active, but I could believe 5 years - Team Plasma was active for at least 5 years in total, after all. And speaking of Team Plasma, there is an NPC in ORAS who gives you Genesect's Drives - given that Genesect was created by Team Plasma, and that XY are concurrent with B2W2, putting ORAS at 5 years before B2W2/XY allows that to make some degree of sense, because Team Plasma would have been active when ORAS was taking place. But all of this being said, it's just my estimation based on those details in the games. Most people still assume that ORAS are concurrent with the Kanto story.
Through the official timeline, Lusamine being 25 still off if Lillie's at least being 10+ doubt they make a teenager in Pokemon have a kid so young.

I'm pretty sure it was never confirmed to be a different dimension. This was a huge theory the fans came up with based on something Zinnia said in the Delta Episode:

My people know it. From generation to generation, we pass along the lore about the distortions in the world borne by the Mega Evolution mechanism. And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same... That's right. A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened. A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built.

This "other world" she's talking about sounds like the world of the original RSE. This got people thinking the Gen VI games were in an alternate timeline. They could be right, but I don't think that's enough to go on. I'm not gonna get into a big debate about it, just wanted to point this out.

We need a giant Pokemon equivalent to that Hyrule Historia book that gives us an official timeline & tons of backstory.

Sorry to disappoint people but this guy isn't Professor Oak. Go to serebii's twitter and you'll see its his cousin.

I'm pretty sure it was never confirmed to be a different dimension. This was a huge theory the fans came up with based on something Zinnia said in the Delta Episode:

My people know it. From generation to generation, we pass along the lore about the distortions in the world borne by the Mega Evolution mechanism. And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same... That's right. A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened. A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built.

This "other world" she's talking about sounds like the world of the original RSE. This got people thinking the Gen VI games were in an alternate timeline. They could be right, but I don't think that's enough to go on. I'm not gonna get into a big debate about it, just wanted to point this out.

We need a giant Pokemon equivalent to that Hyrule Historia book that gives us an official timeline & tons of backstory.

I thought it was confirmed in a tweet from Masuda?

As for Lusamine being Lillie's mother, I guess it's possible that she isn't the biological mother. Most people seem to think that UB-01 is Lillie. Maybe Lusamine cared for UB-01 after it became lost between dimensions or something (she does speak about being a mother to lost Pokemon even those from faraway places.) From there, it would make sense for UB-01 to take on an appearance similar to a younger Lusamine since it thinks of her as a mother. This would also explain why she would want to study dimensional portals; she's looking for a way to get Lillie/UB-01 home.

...maybe?

I thought it was confirmed in a tweet from Masuda?

You're thinking of a tweet from Toshinobu Matsumiya, and no, it didn't say anything about parallel universes. It just laid out the chronology of the series (in broad terms): Red/Blue + Ruby/Sapphire > Gold/Silver + Diamond/Pearl > Black/White > Black 2/White 2 + XY

Also it was posted like the day before ORAS came out and has since been deleted.

Back
Top Bottom