• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Im having trouble imagining a fighting type snake but ill wait to see if its true of not

To be fair, they might say that Arbok family adapted alongside with Sandslash family. They were version exclusives before, and they're like a counterpart to each other.. But Sandslash has advantage before, and with Arbok becoming fighting type, it'd be their turn to shine.

I can imagine the viper from Kung fu panda being similar to this idea.. Perhaps it could learn some moves from mienshao since they both have whiplike parts. And it could create a synergy with yungoos being a mongoose and with rattata as well.

It seems true enough, unless the leaker is just being smart and creative.

To be fair, they might say that Arbok family adapted alongside with Sandslash family. They were version exclusives before, and they're like a counterpart to each other.. But Sandslash has advantage before, and with Arbok becoming fighting type, it'd be their turn to shine.
I could way more easily see them become Fire type snakes with tongues like Heatmor and still have type advantage over Alolan Sandslash

Please be fake. No way Electabuzz and Magmar gets Gen4 evo AND get Alolan form attention whilst so many other Pokemon needs something.

I'd rather see Farfetch'd get an Alolan form than Arbok, Magmar or Electabuzz. Farfetch'd really needs something to be even more amazing and an Alolan form would fit. :)

I'd rather see Farfetch'd get an Alolan form than Arbok, Magmar or Electabuzz. Farfetch'd really needs something to be even more amazing and an Alolan form would fit. :)
Hawaiian goose Farfetch'd should totally be a thing. Why aren't there any fake leaks about that- come on leakers, you can do better than putting vines on a magmar.

Possible new leak? Some people on twitter are already calling it fake though. I do not know why
CsBupHbUEAAUenc.jpg:large

Yeah that's been around for a relatively good amount of time. It's been proven fake already. When you watch it fully animated it's more obvious as the Minior is just the art and the Popplio evo is super fake looking.

I'm actually digging the idea for the Alolan Magmar. Too bad it's probably fake...

Wish the game was coming out next month, like XY did 3 years ago, instead of in November. Then most of the leaks would be debunked sooner, rather than them still persisting for another 2 months. Ughhh

Wish the game was coming out next month, like XY did 3 years ago, instead of in November. Then most of the leaks would be debunked sooner, rather than them still persisting for another 2 months. Ughhh

Yeah, X and Y came out while I was halfway through the college quarter, so I got to play it with my friends before we all went home for Christmas, but ORAS and this game are coming out like right when finals week is going on... I mean, I guess at least this year I'm living in an apartment with my SO, so we can play it with each other at least. Still, it's fun to be able to enjoy the game with more people. :/

More on topic though, while that fake Popplio middle evolution is cute, it's making the classic Fakemon mistake of being too similar to its evolutionary relatives. Most starters, especially recently, are way less of a direct design transition from stage one to stage three. I honestly love more oddball middle evolutions (I was so excited when Quilladin leaked, and I'm still really happy with its design), so most of the leaked starter middle evolution designs haven't been super interesting to me. I did really like Artleaka's Litten middle evo though.

Honestly, I really love how the designers at Gamefreak have figured out how to design 3-stage evolutionary lines where the designs are obviously connected and you can see the progression, but the designs also stand alone as unique creatures and designs. A middle evolution has to be fun on it's own and fit into the evolutionary line, and has a little more trouble because it's design goal isn't as obvious as the 1st or 3rd stage (1st's goal being to be really cute and iconic, 3rd's goal to seem powerful and cool... 2nd's role has always sort of been the awkward teenager phase, which might be why I find those so fun.)

I feel that the middle stage of starters is mostly forgettable. The first stages can sometimes influence your decision and are very memorable. While the last stages are analyzed for battle and design.

I feel that the middle stage of starters is mostly forgettable. The first stages can sometimes influence your decision and are very memorable. While the last stages are analyzed for battle and design.
Ken Sugimori even said that middle Pokemon are purposefully designed to be forgettable, because it is a transitional stage.

Ken Sugimori even said that middle Pokemon are purposefully designed to be forgettable, because it is a transitional stage.
That's very sad. But I can't change that.

If we're only receiving the info on Wednesday, then I expect some more leaks before then.

It's interesting, because they're the stage you have to look at the second longest of all of the stages (the part of the game where they're 1st stage starters always goes by so fast for me... I sometimes wish that they evolved a little later, so that I could use the baby stage longer. I could just stop the evolution for a few levels, but then it feels like I'm just staving off the inevitable, haha.)

It's interesting, because they're the stage you have to look at the second longest of all of the stages (the part of the game where they're 1st stage starters always goes by so fast for me... I sometimes wish that they evolved a little later, so that I could use the baby stage longer. I could just stop the evolution for a few levels, but then it feels like I'm just staving off the inevitable, haha.)
I sometimes feel the same way. Pokemon should be our friends, not just some connection between first stage and third stage. It just feels so sad.

Back
Top Bottom