• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Many people have already mentioned which leaks are more real/fake now, but here's my official update:

Confirmed:
Chinese leaks: Said there would be a rugby monkey.
Riddler leaks: Hinted at both Passimian and Oranguru.

Fake:
Random leaks:
Said that the rugby monkey from the Chinese leaks has a baseball mitt and has nothing to do with rugby.
Game half finished leak: Said the typings of Lycanroc would be Rock/Fighting and Rock/Dark. Also have the Rockruff evos two different numbers in the Pokédex they posted.

Also saw someone mention here that Team Skull clothes are confirmed? But I checked both trailers and couldn’t find such thing. There is a shirt with a skull on it, but it’s clearly an Alolan Marowak shirt. And there is clothing that looks like what Team Skull wears, but pants with tears in them are pretty much a regular thing to wear so wouldn't specifically call that Team Skull clothing. If anyone does have a screenshot of specific Team Skull clothing, please provide it ^^

Honestly, at this point I'm willing to just bin every leak apart from the Chinese related leaks, because the rest of the leaks are trash.

Watch that white shirt with black segmented tie + collar be teasing the snowman and it have its coal "buttons" that form a tie :p Nice to get confirmation on the "monkey" anyway, so now we're waiting on the snowman and dolphin.

Also a toucan Pokemon is pretty hype.

I think the August 22nd "Storm Crystal" leak is really circling the drain now as well. I mean, it was already on extremely shaky ground, because it uses the names "Shuriken Crystal," "Storm Crystal," etc. which are clearly supposed to be the actual names of those items, but as far as we know, even the signature Z-Crystals follow the "-ium Z" naming scheme. But now, we know that Pikachu gets an exclusive Z-Move - but it doesn't resemble a thunderstorm at all; it's just an amplified Volt Tackle, basically. So unless Pikachu has a secret secondary signature Z-move...

I think the August 22nd "Storm Crystal" leak is really circling the drain now as well. I mean, it was already on extremely shaky ground, because it uses the names "Shuriken Crystal," "Storm Crystal," etc. which are clearly supposed to be the actual names of those items, but as far as we know, even the signature Z-Crystals follow the "-ium Z" naming scheme. But now, we know that Pikachu gets an exclusive Z-Move - but it doesn't resemble a thunderstorm at all; it's just an amplified Volt Tackle, basically. So unless Pikachu has a secret secondary signature Z-move...

Pikachu being Pikachu, I would not be surprised..

Update for the answers to the riddles

N4: Rugby monkey is obvious.
Let's talk about Oranguru.
N3: Wu Yong has a nickname 'Zhi Duo Xing'
Zhi = Knowledge
Duo = Much
Xing = Star
So it's always translated as Resourceful Star.
But in Chinese, Chimp/Orangutan and Star share the same pronunciation 'XING' !!!
Wu Yong = Zhi Duo Xing = Orangutan with much knowledge
It's a riddle based on Chinese language lore.
Awesome.
Also the toucan.

Updated riddles here

Thanks for explaining that! That's a very neat riddle!

So the Riddler and Chinese leak are basically right once again.
I wonder when we will get to see the dolphin and snowman then.

This toucan pokémon also sounds pretty cool.

I dont understand why it needs to be a dark type just because "zomg evil dolphin!!" Why does it have to be like that in the games, I kinda hope Game Freak doesnt do that, Id honestly be ok with it being pure water if anything.

Guys, can you assure me something quick?

oranguru.png

Please tell me that that leaf fan doesn't resemble a baseball mitt.
Because some people are actually trying to argue that that fan could have been mistaken for a baseball mitt by the leaker, and I feel like a crazy person trying to tell them how absolutely disproved that particular leak is.

I mean, what kind of an actual human being looks both at Passimian and Oranguru, saying "Nuh-uh, this sporty monkey Pokemon definitely has nothing to do with rugby, but I can see that this orangutan is the monkey the Chinese leak was talking about, even though it has what I believe is a baseball mitt even though it is green and held and not worn and this ape looks nothing like a baseball player and a leaf fan is a trope that have existed for decades".

You know what got me thinking? The day/night evo leaks. We just learned that Lycanroc's forms have the same typing. In his leak he also stated the the forms have the same typing as well just different stats and movepools. So maybe he's onto something.

oranguru.png

Because some people are actually trying to argue that that fan could have been mistaken for a baseball mitt by the leaker, and I feel like a crazy person trying to tell them how absolutely disproved that particular leak is.

I mean, what kind of an actual human being looks both at Passimian and Oranguru, saying "Nuh-uh, this sporty monkey Pokemon definitely has nothing to do with rugby, but I can see that this orangutan is the monkey the Chinese leak was talking about, even though it has what I believe is a baseball mitt even though it is green and held and not worn and this ape looks nothing like a baseball player and a leaf fan is a trope that have existed for decades".

It's definitely not a baseball mitt, but that wouldn't even matter. The leak that talked about a baseball monkey was the Random Leaks, which are already wrong on account of Lycanroc not being two separate Pokémon, and being Rock type as opposed to Rock/Fighting and Rock/Dark.

So I assure you, you've got nothing to worry about.

You know what got me thinking? The day/night evo leaks. We just learned that Lycanroc's forms have the same typing. In his leak he also stated the the forms have the same typing as well just different stats and movepools. So maybe he's onto something.

But on the other hand, they claim that the evolutions are determined by day/night. Which isn't the case with Lycanroc, at least, where it's determined by version. So if they're intended for it to read as though the Starters and Rockruff share the "same" secret, then they've bungled it.

If it's a slightly different secret, then it's fair game, but then Distressed Defender would still be the clunkiest move mechanic ever.

It's definitely not a baseball mitt, but that wouldn't even matter. The leak that talked about a baseball monkey was the Random Leaks, which are already wrong on account of Lycanroc not being two separate Pokémon, and being Rock type as opposed to Rock/Fighting and Rock/Dark.

So I assure you, you've got nothing to worry about.

If only those people had actually read the leak carefully.

Although I'm starting to feel like they hadn't even read it at all.

oranguru.png

Who on Earth could think it's a mitt? Why're they even so keen to defend a leak...

Back
Top Bottom