• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Australia was not mentioned though?
From the 4chan thread:
"Except it's not in China. But is in Australia.

But yeah, it's quite similar. But with added dream themes, with Aboriginal's dreamland.

And likewise, you'll be able to go to the dreamland at the end of the story. You will get to see entirely new pokemon-like creatures that you can catch."

(About http://i.********/vp/1474866378616.png )
->" Except it's not in China. But is in Australia.
But yeah, it's quite similar. But with added dream themes, with Aboriginal's dreamland.
And likewise, you will be able to go to the dreamland at the end of the story. You will get to see entirely new pokemon-like creatures that you can catch."

Australia is mentionned as the setting for gen 8.

Those drawings look top notch :ROFLMAO:

Considering Riddler seems like the only person with major connections to the devs for the game and even he is extremely careful about what he leaks. A leak this large is more than likely fake, especially since it is so far ahead of release date.

How can Gen 8 be too soon when Gen 7 was foreshadowed at the beginning of Gen 6? Gen 8 could follow the same path.
It is too soon because we haven't gotten started in gen 7 yet. Sun and Moon are yet to be released. Then there is are truck load of spin-off games. Also a second pair of main series games after Sun and Moon would come. I don't know if gen 7 was foreshadowed apart from getting all non-event pokemon with the 4 games.

From the 4chan thread:
"Except it's not in China. But is in Australia.

And likewise, you'll be able to go to the dreamland at the end of the story. You will get to see entirely new pokemon-like creatures that you can catch."
I hadn't read the 4chan post. Fair enough then

If Gen 8 is Australia, then Africa and South America are the last continents left for a region. I am not counting Antarctica for obvious reasons.

Wouldn't mind an Antartica based region. I want more Ice types

I think the most you could hope for is a post-game mini region based off Antartica. Kind of like that post-game island in Sinnoh.

There's no way we'd get a full region out of Antartica, it would be hard to have diversity and still keep the feel of Antartica.

The inside info leak @GojiWright posted about.
Here you go, making your lives easier. Took 15-20mins for all this. Tried as much as possible.

Crabrawler

If I can remember, It's stats are mostly focused on physical.

Chinese leak and starter evos
It's real, unfortunately. And is exclusive to Sun.

what kind of launch titles will the NX have
what's the SM post game like
are there a lot of "special" pokemon (starters, eevee, porygon) given as gifts in SM

It's postgame will feature Battle Froniter, and will include some of gen 4 and 3's battle frontier hosts and is set in a faraway island.
Erm, I think it's only Starters. And a egg that contains a entirely new pokemon, that's similar to Togepi.

Gen 8?
I'll give you a hint, it's set in the south of the globe.

Pokemon game being developed for NX?
A port of Sun and Moon.
It won't be revealed until NX is announced. It will feature updated graphics and different UI suited for one screen.

Moon formes for starter evos?
http://i.********/vp/1474873594307.png

M Rowlet is a wizard
M Popplio is a beast
M Litten seems to look like some sort a villainous beast

Type:Null?
No one knows about Type: Null, and it's dex mentions about it being created by a person from a faraway land.

Alola forms and what about dodrio and nido?
Yes, and there is at least 50 alolan forms in SM

Salandit evo
Looks like a fancy thief, and is capable of using fumes as it's attacks. It's dex mentions about it's fumes being used as it's own species perfumes.
http://i.********/vp/1474877445925.png

Alola Clefabe is there
http://i.********/vp/1474865008814.png

Megas?
20 new meags. Includes gen6 and this gen's starters

Passimian stats?Fossils?infamous toucan?
It has better stats than Oraguru, due to Oraguru's OP ability.
About the fossils,
A bacteria fossil that is believed to be the oldest organism
Plant fossil that is based off the ferns
Saber tiger
frilled dinosaur, forgot it's name.
Yes

Gen 8?
I haven't seen gen 8, aside from concepts of new pokemon and scenery drawings.
I assume that it'll have better graphics, since that it's on new gen console/handheld.

Other alola forms?
Sure,
Venusaur
Colyster
Jynx

Megas post-game?
I said it before, and they are only locked until postgame. They have thier own sub-quest similar ORAS.

Can't catch ultra beasts

Jynx mega evo?
Yes

Perfect zygarde stats
I believe it's high in Sp Atack and Defense and low in Ph Attack and Defense, and is decent in speed

Mimikyu stats, 8 gen starters and legends
High in Sp defense and Speed, average in every else.
There will be 2 sets of starters, based on the version you pick.
Western Zodaic starters
Bull, Chimera, Ram
Eastern Zodaic starters
Horse, Rabbit, Dragon
Legends are based on compass directions, North, South, West, and East

Any new species?
Toy Robot
Coral
Gemstone
High Soarer

Drampa has 2 pre-evos

Charizard,Blastoise,Gen4 starters get z moves

145 new pokemon

UBs?
bosses, and I said it before. UBs may not be catchable, and the story mentions of that they are too powerful to be contained in regular pokeballs.
They come from various planets in far away galaxies. Due to a rift in spacetime, they got sucked into it. Due to their unique biological makeup that's drastically different to Pokemon's biological makeup, they have been researched heavily by Aether Foundation.

Pyukumuku stats

High in both defense and Attack. low for every else.
Has a single evolution.

Starters evos
They are named as
http://i.********/vp/1474867816240.png

Rotalon
Blaline
Enteeal

Z-forms
Basically functions like a Mega evolution, but only for a few turns. There will be a cooldown after that

Wigglytuff It will get a Z move and a alola form, due to it being counterpart of Clefable
http://i.********/vp/1474871151306.png

starter types in S and M
Rowlet
S Grass/flying
M Grass/Psychic

Popplio
S Water/Fairy
M Water/Fighting

Litten
S Fire/Dark
M Fire/Poison

Ash-greninja event mon

Jangmo-o final evo
Kishiraco
Dragon/Steel
It's mostly based off Knights and Japanese Warriors

Marshadow
electric dark

aether foundations
They're actually bad guys who hide under a good appearance. They research pokemon to create the pokemon for war in summary. I won't reveal the small details because it's very exciting and really interesting. Lots of lore in there.
All of them are battle-able

Pyukumu attack form?part fighting?
Nope, it's a form that lasts for 1 turn
And yes, it's Water/Fighting. And correct, it's meant to unnerve enemies as like real sea cucumbers do when being attacked.

Trial caps - 1 for each type
Oooo, at least he put some efforts in drawing them.
Masculine Popplio evo sounds too much like wishlisting though.

Alolan Clefable kinda feels like Neopets.
Alolan Wigglytuff is actually quite cute, I'd say.

I find new Megas really unlikely though, despite how old megas are in the games.
Z forms are probably the new thing of Gen 7 that replaces Megas.

Jynx gets Alolan form AND mega? OMG please be real. But very unlikely since I believe there won't be new megas.

I probably want this be real like many others, but still think it sounds quite fake.

If I remember correctly, one of the trailers for Sun and Moon showed a regular Wigglytuff, so I think that this might make the news fake. I think that any Pokémon that is seen in battle in their regular form doesn't have an Alolan form so there might not be an Alolan Wigglytuff.

All these rumors do the "the Chinese Starter leaks are real unfortunately..." and then the alternative ones always looks far worse imo.

Also to the above for some reason I don't feel like we'll see Alola variants of Pokemon who just gained the Fairy-type last Gen.

It is too soon because we haven't gotten started in gen 7 yet. Sun and Moon are yet to be released. Then there is are truck load of spin-off games.

You're not wrong there... At least in terms of speculation and all that, but it definitely isn't too soon for Game Freak to start working on the Generation 8 games.

Also a second pair of main series games after Sun and Moon would come.

While I'm not saying it's likely, but it's possible Sun/Moon might be the only main series games for Generation 7. I'm waiting for more information to decide what I think either way, though. Depending on the amount of Mythicals there are, we should be able to guess how long the generation will be. If we go by the usual three years, then Generation 8 will happen in 2019.

I don't know if gen 7 was foreshadowed apart from getting all non-event pokemon with the 4 games.

It was foreshadowed with the Strange Souvenir.

I don't get why so many people think that Gen 7 will somehow involve the NX or that Gen 8 will come out soon on it. No handheld console has ever been released with a Pokemon game at launch, and that's assuming the NX is going to totally replace the 3DS. The NX seems to be the Wii U's successor with some portable abilities, not a full-on handheld.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom