• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Anyone "leaking" information about Generation 8 when Generation 7 has yet to be released is an attention-seeking troll, and shouldn't be fed.

Don't encourage the shitty rumours, just keep your hands in your pockets and walk over the bridge.

Maybe it's because the rumors that said Pokemon is gonna be one of the new games that released at launch with Mario and Zelda. Plus, the rumor also said that Gamefreak will be the developer for the game and as you know GF (only?) develops the main titles

I believe that Gen 7 will go like this:
2016 - Sun and Moon
2017 - Nothing (Maybe finally a Gen 7 spin-off, haven't heard or seen anything yet)
2018 - Gen 8 for the NX(Yes, I know this will make Gen 7 very short. But Gen 7 seems just like a celebration of Pokemon's, anime and games, 20th anniversary.)

But if one team is working on Gen 8, is another team working on Gen 4 remake(s)? The NX is launching in March 2017, and if the rumor about it being a hybrid is true, then Nintendo doesn't want another situation like BW.

If Gen 8 is Australia, then Africa and South America are the last continents left for a region. I am not counting Antarctica for obvious reasons.

Game Freak would never do Antarctica but honestly, I could get behind that.

I think an Egypt based region would be the tea.

I doubt Gen 8 will be released that quickly. Let's not forget GameFreak is running a business here. It costs money to design and render a completely new generation and it takes time for those designs to generate revenue. Not to mention all the spin-off games and anime and other media that need to be developed and released to really milk the designs for all they're worth.

Any leaks that claim to have gen 8 info are fake. With all due respect, let's try and have some common sense lol.

Game Freak would never do Antarctica but honestly, I could get behind that.

I think an Egypt based region would be the tea.
Egypt could be done beautifully.

Anyway, I'd totally love if Generation VIII is set in Australia. Just imagine visting that dream-place mentioned in that leak. :)

I'd say its probably way too early to really think about the 8th generation when the 7th hasn't even officially begun yet. Game Freak is probably more focused on finishing Sun and Moon and where they go next, regarding spin offs and remakes. I don't think they'd really start to plan for Gen VIII until next year. Because of this, I don't really believe in that leak.

The odd thing is that I haven't heard or seen any Gen 7 spin-off yet. Not even a rumor. We have just been receiving Virtual Console releases like the Ranger-series or Snap.

Gen 8 starters should be a kangaroo, a dingo, and a koala. Grass kangaroo, fire dingo, water koala. Vineroo. Dingaze. Koalave. :)

I dunno, since we're just getting a koala this generation, I'd probably expect something else for that third one- maybe a platypus. It could be water/poison, even. XD

The odd thing is that I haven't heard or seen any Gen 7 spin-off yet. Not even a rumor. We have just been receiving Virtual Console releases like the Ranger-series or Snap.
Odd? Let Sun and Moon be released first.

And technically, Detective Pikachu falls under Generation VII considering that we only got a single episode for Japan earlier this year.

Odd? Let Sun and Moon be released first.

And technically, Detective Pikachu falls under Generation VII considering that we only got a single episode for Japan earlier this year.

Hmm... does anyone else find it odd that we haven't gotten anymore information on Detective Pikachu. I mean there is a movie coming out for it in like 2017 so we should really be hearing more about it, plus the 3ds is getting up there in years.

Anyway on the subjects of leaks does anyone else wonder why they haven't revealed Z-forms yet. I mean the most credible leaks so far have said that Ash-Greninja is in the game and that is the biggest evidence to Z-forms but they haven't mentioned anything on them yet. I'm not sure about the split evolutions especially since the starters are generally one of the most iconic parts of a generation but do you think the starters could have spilt Z-forms?

While I'm not saying it's likely, but it's possible Sun/Moon might be the only main series games for Generation 7. I'm waiting for more information to decide what I think either way, though. Depending on the amount of Mythicals there are, we should be able to guess how long the generation will be. If we go by the usual three years, then Generation 8 will happen in 2019.
A generation with only two games would just awful. Sun and Moon won't contain every single non-event pokemon. The very idea of gen 7 having two games is absurd in my opinion. They might as well not create the generation.

Stop talking about the NX and the new generation, Nintendo doesn't want people to talk about the console.

Hmm... does anyone else find it odd that we haven't gotten anymore information on Detective Pikachu. I mean there is a movie coming out for it in like 2017 so we should really be hearing more about it, plus the 3ds is getting up there in years.
They probably think that the episodic format isn't ideal, so they're working on the entire game as well as dubbing it into different languages. I suppose that turning it into an NX game is a possibility, but I wouldn't bet on it.

do you think the starters could have spilt Z-forms?
No. Any take on Mega Evolution (and that's really all Ash Greninja is) would overshadow the final starters themselves, which haven't even been officially revealed yet (not even the middle stages have).

LunarHero said:
Nintendo doesn't want people to talk about the console.
And this matters why? Not to mention that they obviously do want people to talk about it; even Ishihara did.

Last edited:
I really like that new 4chan leak with the drawings and a lot of it seems plausible, but things like Venusaur getting new forms while Blastoise and Charizard are left out (why would they throw Venusaur a bone and not Blastoise??), 20 new megas, 145 new pokemon, and gen 8 and NX stuff makes this really unbelievable.

The drawings are kinda nice though. Kudos to them for actually going ahead and putting some pics up instead of just giving a basic text dump leak. (Though I get the feeling that they might not have drawn anything until someone asked and they felt pressured to and they might have felt like their leak would be disregarded too much for their liking if they didn't.)

Also the alt final forms look like huge departures from the starters we know though. The Lycanrocks look much more similar to each other.

Plus. Sol and "Mun"?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom