• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
it's weird that 2 of the 3 starters get dual type in second evolution, but Popplio remains water.
Enh... Not saying whether it's got validity, but there's precedent. Marshtomp and Combusken have secondary typings, but not Grovyle. Monferno, but not Prinplup or Grotle. Pignite, but not Dewott or Servine.

Dunno why people would say we can't have fossils since the region is based off hawaii. We have a koala pokemon and last I checked, those aren't native to hawaii.

Nobody says we can't have fossils. Just that it's a possibility given how much they are pulling from irl Hawaii.

Yes, a poison Rattata...

Regarding the other one ("TOmmorow TraILer SUn mooN").. it's weird that 2 of the 3 starters get dual type in second evolution, but Popplio remains water. Also, Exeggutor move sounds.. dumb.

Fake fake fake :) Glad to see stuff coming out again!
If we still have 3 more news this month and probably one in November.. tomorrow's gonna be a short one.
Pulverizing Pancake and Catastropika

Also Sinnoh had the same case with having only two starters gain their secondary typings

it's weird that 2 of the 3 starters get dual type in second evolution, but Popplio remains water.

Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Wartortle
Bayleef, Quilava, Croconaw
Treecko, Combusken, Marshtomp
Grotle, Monferno, Prinplup
Servine, Pignite, Dewott
Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier

Bolded means they had* a second typing. I'd say that's the least of the things that invalidate that leak.

Last edited:
Ok this is a little odd... /vp/ - Italian gay leaker was right about Solar and Lunar forms - Pokémon - 4chan

a coincedence. 1.technically its midday and midnight not solar and lunar 2.Im pretty sure lycanroc and starter evos are only mons with midnight midday. Even if not, no way its 24 mons with midnight midday. Thats insane

I'm giving credit to this leaker, he got them right before the announcement, albeit vague. I guess it's just due to the language barriers, it's forgivable. Clearly, he's having translation difficulties. So to clarify his statements..

Solar and lunar clearly refers to midday and midnight form, I won't be nitpicky on that. I guess he's trying to say the Legendary's effect to the form, he got it right as well, where no one here would have guessed. While some thought of split evo, he fleshed out the idea of form, taking 1 pokedex slot only.

I won't be surprised if the midday and midnight form would be a thing, just like other evo method (stone, trade, trade with items, even mega, etc) The leaked starters really look like have some affinity to night (assassin archer, dirty-fighter wrestler, luring siren) just like midnight lycanroc's werewolf theme. That's 4 already, so if we count 20 more.. Other gens starters gaining these form split? Greninja can easily become midnight form, and maybe another form.. Well I don't know anymore. Lol

With regards to poison rattata, I really would have liked to see it. I always wanted a poison rattata due to its purple color don't match its typing, it looks poisonous, and rats can cause diseases too.. And I really welcome more poisonous mammal. But it's already dark type, so maybe the leaker just confused it with another ones.. Specially when it said dark dragon dratini. What if he switched the poison with dark? I really don't know, I maybe overfitting it, but my point is the leak has some credits to be believed.

A lot of that leak was just a lucky guess I feel. I'd even be willing to give him the Poison Ratatta since Dark/Poison could easily be mixed up, but Ghost Ponyta and the Dark Dratini just don't add up.

Any truth to the rumors of Alohan Persian reveal today?? Also read that huge spoiler is the final villain is actually Giovanni from Red/Blue?!

I'd like bring up a point that was mentioned a few pages back. The backpacker who gives us the strange souvenir says this on day 3.

Day 3: "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! Our Champion is really something else, I tell you... Ah, never mind. You'll find out in due time."

So if Sun and Moon take place after X and Y, this statement contradicts the Chinese leak of us building a league. It having a mention before our player character even gets to it. Thoughts on this?

In one of the trailers, Kukui says that if you beat the Island Challenge, you become the Island Challenge Champion. There is a champion, just not a Pokémon League Champion. So it doesn't contradict the Chinese Leak.

In one of the trailers, Kukui says that if you beat the Island Challenge, you become the Island Challenge Champion. There is a champion, just not a Pokémon League Champion. So it doesn't contradict the Chinese Leak.
This makes me wonder about past Island Challenge Champions. Will we have to face anyone who has earned this title? Hopefully.

Take this with a grain of salt, mostly FAKE . Source /vp/ - >Final Starters do not have split evolutions. They - Pokémon - 4chan
2cf89p1.png

dzzax3.png

Can 4chan please just close down until November 18th, I can't keep up with all this anymore D:

Agreed with Oriden that not being able to box your starter is ridiculous. Being able to choose which Pokémon you are going to use is what the whole game is about, I very much doubt they'll ever force you to keep a Pokémon on your team, that would be their worst decision ever. And doubt that that Alolan Farfetch'd is real lol. Also "Dolphins are Dragons and Dragons are Dolphins"....okay.

4chan leaks are mostly just wishlists. It's better than no info for weeks.

Can 4chan please just close down until November 18th, I can't keep up with all this anymore D:

Honestly, part of me just assumes that most "leaks" from here on out are fake, unless it's an obvious trailer leak like what happened to the Team Skull/Alolan Raichu reveal trailer. The Chinese leak was this generation's PokéBeach leak, and then there is the Riddler who is an oddity, but clearly knows things. A while back, didn't the Riddler post a "history" of leaks which explained that this generation's leaks were mostly from the Chinese team, because they were new? And that the older teams were pretty well-secured? If that's true, which, it sounds plausible enough, then I kinda think we've gotten the only "big" leaks we're going to get. There could be more small ones, like the random August leak about the Ultra Beasts and the Solgaleo/Lunala pre-evolution, but these medium-to-long 4chan wishlists just keep turning out to be fake, and I can start to see why when they are put into that context.

New leak 90% sure its fake /vp/ - TOmmorow TraILer - Pokémon - 4chan
"Käne"
"Fighting type"

Oh boy.
1738752.jpg

Maybe leaker guy is a stealth wrestling fan.
Take this with a grain of salt, mostly FAKE . Source /vp/ - >Final Starters do not have split evolutions. They - Pokémon - 4chan
2cf89p1.png

dzzax3.png
Just sounds like your typical wishlist to me. I'm not sure why they keep making Z-Forms a "if it faints you lose" thing, that would just be really dumb.

Back
Top Bottom