• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
So I suppose the secret of the z-ring riddler mentioned was that you can use it to mega evolve. Also Rowlet it literally Oliver Queen. Spoiled rich dude, to archer.

I know what I'm naming mine now. Jk. I'm still deciding.

What's the basis of the name "Torracat?" Maybe that could give us a clue whether the leak is real or not. Also, picking apart it's Japanese name might help, if anyone caught that and knows Japanese

It's Japanese name is Nyaheat. Nya = Meow, heat is heat. Not a clue in it's Japanese name unfortunately.

It seems those final evo leaks are real, and that Z-Forms have been sadly debunked by Ash-Greninja being called Ash-Greninja and having the Battle Bond ability. However, the secret of the starters have could be that their final evolutions also have the Battle Bond ability instead of the standard Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent abilities that previous final evo starters have.

It's always possible!

Well I guess that settles it then. I'm officially team rowlett. Still hoping that the split evolution theory could be real but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

I am just grabbing at straws here for "hope of split evolution of starters" because i thought it would be really cool, but if that is not the shared secret to Rockruff, what is the secret?

Its likely to expect that the Split Evo Forme may be true. I agree that there's a sense of natural progression for these starters, but I also believe their designs are pretty neutral. For example, not everything of Torracat's bios points to a wrestler. There are also some netural things about it, like using its whiskers to sense things in the dark. That has nothing to do with wrestling. Also, just because its bios sounds as if its going to be a wrestler only, people should know that tigers in general are pretty freakishy strong physically.

As for its name, the word torra may be leading to the following parts:

Tora = Japanese for "Tiger"
Ora = Hebrew for "Light"

LOL! The website describes Brionne as the Pop Star Pokemon.

4chan is so salty about her right now.

Off thread a bit but I went on over to 4chan and it is sheer chaos and upheaval about all of this. Especially Brionne. They. So. Salty. Like Sirene's hair tends to be. It is something else.

To her Pokedex info or the 4chan salt?

Also, with Rowletts mid evo they seem to be following the Robin Hood story, from aristocrat to rouge.
The salt. Brionne's actually really cute, tbh.

Ah, Rowlett's evolution line is so interesting.

2chan leak (Aug. 3):
Provided by Desdar300:

- A new mechanic called Z forms will b be introduced
- Z forms act in a similar manner to Megas but when they faint the player automatically loses the battle due to their sprit being connected to said Pokémon.
- Ash Greninja is a Z form and will be shown off at an event soon to promote the concept.
- Mostly older Pokémon have Z forms but a few Alola Pokémon have them too.
- proclaims that Raichu, Farfecth'd, Persian, Arcanine, Jynx, and Dodrio all have Alola forms. (Raichu got an Alolan form after this leak).
- The Alola starters have two different Final Evolutions that will be tied to a day\night system.
- Basically reconfirms that the Chinese leak is real by saying that one of Litten's Evos is a Heel wrestler while the other looks like a more natural evolution.
- States that they'll will be many legendary Pokémon this time around
Things it got right: Raichu
Things it got wrong: Ash -Greninja is a Z form. We now know it isn't one.

These final starter images are now officially fake. Litten's evo does not look like it would evolve into that wrestler cat.
index.php

You think so?
5dBz77Q.png
You still think so?

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/783306781225168897

It seems those final evo leaks are real, and that Z-Forms have been sadly debunked by Ash-Greninja being called Ash-Greninja and having the Battle Bond ability. However, the secret of the starters have could be that their final evolutions also have the Battle Bond ability instead of the standard Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent abilities that previous final evo starters have.

It's always possible!

Yeah, that's certainly another possibility. Let's not discount it quite yet...

I vaguely remember a leak that mentioned Popplio having a second form as a clown and Litten having a second form as a gangster/burglar. Can't remember what it said Rowlet's alternate was. And to me if you read the descriptions of the middle stages it almost seems like they trade off between describing two very different natured Pokemon. I mean Torracat packs a mean punch but can sense someone behind it in the dark. Brionne loves to put on a show with balls for crowds but dances with other Brionne in the moonlight. And Dartrix is capable of insane precision with discarding his feathers as weapons yet frantically obsessed with his appearance. Not saying that random leak has merit because I can't even find it. But it just seems like they're vaguely trying to describe two different outcomes under the guise of one middle stage on the official sites descriptions.

Voice of dissent here. Brionne into poppmaid is the only really indisputable one.

For Torracat to evolve into luchalitten they'd need to introduce a distinctively wrestling (as opposed to generic fighting or whatever) motif that currently isn't really there. It'd be a highly questionable design choice to go from something that looks like a naturalistic tiger cub to a humanoid cat wrestler, wrestling being more of a socialized or institutional phenomenon than anything really natural. I think I'd be more convinced if it were bipedal.

For Dartrix to evolve into the hooded archer you'd need to convince me that the dapper butler underwent a midlife crisis and decided to become a rogue vigilante.

The starter leaks are 100% official because of Mallow, but it doesn't mean they're not beta art or haven't been refined since then. I still think we're getting what the leaks have shown, but I'd be really surprised if there weren't notable changes made since their creation. Hell, I think this opens up the possibility for split forms even more, since Dartrix and Torracat especially have a whole set of different design elements that can be taken in more than one direction. Dartrix can either become the archer or the butler, and Torracat can either became the wrestler or a natural tiger. I don't see where else Brionne could go, though.

at the end of the day I'll be happy if they just update litten3's design, because although the concept is kinda cool, it's just so ugly to look at

Back
Top Bottom