• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Dunno about Mantine, but if you look closely on this video
We never directly see a Regular Cubone evolve into Alolan Marowak, I think all the videos showing the "evolution" have some weird cut. Maybe it's just a coincidence, or maybe they just want to spoil Alolan Cubone, if it exist. Dunno. Prove me wrong if you find anything showing direct evolution.

Same here, btw.
You get this weird cut of Exeggcute and Cubone that leads us to believe that their regular forms evolve into Alolan ones, but we never see the full process.

They aren't trying to deceive viewers. They're just cutting content for time. It's already been established that there are specific background colors for specific evolutions, And regular Cubone got the Alolan Form evolution screen.

And those specific screenshots (Mantine, Persian, Cubone) are really well done composite photos.

Before @Soki gets here to say it herself, let's keep the discussion related to leaks, lol.

In any case, lemme ask... What does the recent news confirm and what does it deny? Do you have a rough idea right now? Since I haven't been keeping up with the leaks, key things I want to know once you're done compiling the list are these:
  • Alolan Grimer/Muk's existence in leaks, if any
  • Type: Null getting an evolution in Silvally
  • Olivia in particular
  • Bounsweet's evolutionary line
Sorry to put the pressure on you if anything, hehe. I'm just curious to know these things most of all, even though only the fourth point is something that's actually new information that wasn't in CoroCoro.

A lot of leaks stated bounsweet would become a pepper and be grass/fire so anything with that is wrong. We had already seen cutieflies evo. It just got a name to it, and only a handful said anything about grimer. More what people wanted I think

Edit: in the believable leaks under the riddler's the 4-chan link there has several that can be crossed out now. Muk we got, golduck has been seen so that we will not. Abra line has been seen and have a mega evolution so that will not change. Passimian is fighting not ground/fighting and bounsweet retains just grass and is not really paprika looking. On that note has anyone noticed that only dual evolutions are gaining alola forms? That leaves good promise for some other lines and bad for others

Last edited:
Before @Soki gets here to say it herself, let's keep the discussion related to leaks, lol.

In any case, lemme ask... What does the recent news confirm and what does it deny? Do you have a rough idea right now? Since I haven't been keeping up with the leaks, key things I want to know once you're done compiling the list are these:
  • Alolan Grimer/Muk's existence in leaks, if any
  • Type: Null getting an evolution in Silvally
  • Olivia in particular
  • Bounsweet's evolutionary line
Sorry to put the pressure on you if anything, hehe. I'm just curious to know these things most of all, even though only the fourth point is something that's actually new information that wasn't in CoroCoro.

Well, Olivia's name is Raichi in Japanese, and she's the Kahuna of Akala.ler So another 1 point for Riddler (though I don't think this necessary).

Was going to say OMG the rumour that Bounsweet has a humanoid evo is true! Then I remember it's Comfey who got that rumour.

and yes really, two evolution lines in one trailer. omgosh. Well, there's still Pikipek, Comfey, Minior, Wimpod, Morelull and Bruxish.

A lot of leaks stated bounsweet would become a pepper and be grass/fire so anything with that is wrong. We had already seen cutieflies evo. It just got a name to it, and only a handful said anything about grimer. More what people wanted I think

Edit: in the believable leaks under the riddler's the 4-chan link there has several that can be crossed out now. Muk we got, golduck has been seen so that we will not. Abra line has been seen and have a mega evolution so that will not change. Passimian is fighting not ground/fighting and bounsweet retains just grass and is not really paprika looking. On that note has anyone noticed that only dual evolutions are gaining alola forms? That leaves good promise for some other lines and bad for others
And the Z-form Greninja thing I'm completely shocked this isn't edited!

http://i.********/vp/1476404238652.png

There you go

Predictably, these drawings can be deemed fake, because their Alolan Muk doesn't match up with the one that was just revealed, and the Bounsweet evolution is all wrong.

I think Raichu is no longer qualified to be considered a dual evolution line because of Pichu.

Fair point i'm not sure anyone has thought about pichu. That technically means they did cross into gen 2 even though raichu is gen 1

Predictably, these drawings can be deemed fake, because their Alolan Muk doesn't match up with the one that was just revealed, and the Bounsweet evolution is all wrong.

I do admit, even for fakes, that the so-called evolution for Salandit is a nice fit, and Marshadow being depicted as a scorpion/insect-like thing eating its own tail is also interesting.

There's word that Parental Bond has the damage inflicted by the second hit reduced to 25% from the usual 50%. I pray for this to be true.

I do admit, even for fakes, that the so-called evolution for Salandit is a nice fit, and Marshadow being depicted as a scorpion/insect-like thing eating its own tail is also interesting.

Yeah, there were some pretty neat ideas in there. In particular, I really liked the Minior evolution. Oh well, at least it being fake means that there are surprises still in store.

Maybe Z forms was originally a thing, but they scrapped it.

I really, really, really don't think Z-Forms are happening. I know I was a proponent of them originally, but a large part of that was just because I didn't see any other choice. The Chinese leak is very credible, so what else was I going to make of it saying that Z-Stones cause transformations like Ash-Greninja, who in the anime, happens to use an enhanced version of is signature move? Z-Forms were a very easy conclusion to reach.

But, it turns out the Chinese leak got it wrong. Which, fair enough; a lot of leaks aren't 100% perfect. But with that in mind, I have to say that Z-Forms would feel extremely awkward. We still have Mega Evolution, and having Z-Moves morph into a knock-off of Mega Evolution would be rather redundant. Plus, they would take the emphasis off of Z-Moves being, you know, enhanced moves. Which I think is a fun concept that deserves its own space, as it already works as an interesting contrast to Mega Evolution. Why reduce it to Mega Evolution 2.0?

Back
Top Bottom