• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Ribombee I like a lot now, and we can see it using Draining kiss so it gets some decent moves. I really hope it has a Hidden ability that is actually influential though, its abilities are still meh.

I really do not like Steenee or Tsareena's designs much... After being hyped to see it get an evolution and then another I was super disappointed.

Silvally's ability in English is RKS system, any idea what that might stand for? in japanese it was the AR system. how odd.

At this point, I don't think "Z-forms" will be a thing, as on top of the reasons Esserise already stated, Ash-Greninja turned out to be its own thing and wasn't related to Z-Crystals at all. So "Z-forms" as we speculated it to be is probably not in the cards right now.

As for Battle Bond forms like Ash-Greninja, I'm starting to get curious about that as well. We're kind of getting very late into the Sun/Moon pre-release cycle and unlike with Mega Mewtwo Y where they only fully revealed most of the details about it with the other Megas like Lucario, Ash-Greninja has been fully revealed on its lonesome and little has implied that the mechanic will extend out past it. There is speculation about the matter (especially around the starters), but I feel that for something this big, I feel they would've done more to push the mechanic by now rather then just having that one Pokémon hold onto the mechanic by itself exclusively.

Maybe something will change in the next few days that implies an expansion of the concept (if the demo doesn't spoil it outright), but for now I can't shake my skepticism on the matter.

I really, really, really don't think Z-Forms are happening. I know I was a proponent of them originally, but a large part of that was just because I didn't see any other choice. The Chinese leak is very credible, so what else was I going to make of it saying that Z-Stones cause transformations like Ash-Greninja, who in the anime, happens to use an enhanced version of is signature move? Z-Forms were a very easy conclusion to reach.

But, it turns out the Chinese leak got it wrong. Which, fair enough; a lot of leaks aren't 100% perfect. But with that in mind, I have to say that Z-Forms would feel extremely awkward. We still have Mega Evolution, and having Z-Moves morph into a knock-off of Mega Evolution would be rather redundant. Plus, they would take the emphasis off of Z-Moves being, you know, enhanced moves. Which I think is a fun concept that deserves its own space, as it already works as an interesting contrast to Mega Evolution. Why reduce it to Mega Evolution 2.0?

Actually we still do not know for sure that z-forms are not a thing, but I agree about the moves being the point around it and would be kind of surprised to see it this late in the game. I personally like mega evos though and would love to see more. I was super disappointed when we didn't get mega arcanine last uear on christmas when there was a huge rumor about it, but whatever. Point is I like changes in pokemon through bond, but I just do not see any new ones happening this time around it just seems too late on the game, but who knows supposedly there is still a big secret with the starters and a leak saying they all get a new form.

Ribombee I like a lot now, and we can see it using Draining kiss so it gets some decent moves. I really hope it has a Hidden ability that is actually influential though, its abilities are still meh.

I really do not like Steenee or Tsareena's designs much... After being hyped to see it get an evolution and then another I was super disappointed.

Silvally's ability in English is RKS system, any idea what that might stand for? in japanese it was the AR system. how odd.
I quite like them especially steenee. It's like it's blooming into a woman. Feels sort of redudant though, and once again its a pokemon i think needs a dual form because its just too feminine. A pokemon i will only have as a female

Just a reminder, there is both an english trailer and a japanese and I'd assume trailers in other languages, and they actually have different videos and show things in slightly different perspectives, so you might wanna watch them in multiple languages so you don't miss any details.

So what leaks did the new trailer kill?

Also I'm guessing the 80 Pokemon rumor is still alive.

A pokemon i will only have as a female

I get the sense that there won't be an option to begin with.

80 Pokémon is still in play, especially since the one leak mentioned Silvally being named "silvsomething."

The drawings that had like, the crazy-looking infinity scorpion Marshadow are dead. Bounsweet evo and Alolan Muk didn't match.

Well maybe not in the demo, but it will have both genders for it, and i'm stubborn enough I just wait until I find a female...except in eevee's case where my friend sent me her's.

So what leaks did the new trailer kill?

More of the 4chan repost from the riddler (ie Passimians typing, Ash-Greninja)(again why isn't that part edited at all?) with regular Golduck, Bounsweet has 2 evolutions NO fire typing or 1 evolution plus any leaks that involve Bounsweet with these 2.

Z-Forms are pretty much dead in the water.

Like, all the evidence is there and we likely just got our last news of the month.

Anyone thinking Z-Forms are still happening is in denial.
More of the 4chan repost from the riddler (ie Passimians typing, Ash-Greninja)(again why isn't that part edited at all?) with regular Golduck, Bounsweet has 2 evolutions NO fire typing or 1 evolution.
Which one was that again?

the leaks all of the leaks haven't been debunked yet

To my knowledge, all of the ones that mention Z-Forms have been debunked, aside from the Chinese leak, which I'm guessing was just a mistake.

Just a reminder, there is both an english trailer and a japanese and I'd assume trailers in other languages, and they actually have different videos and show things in slightly different perspectives, so you might wanna watch them in multiple languages so you don't miss any details.
Exactly, there are 2 versions of trailers only. (Of cuz in different language, but are same video)

All latin/roman alphabet language share the English version.
All square character language (Chinese, Korean) share the Japanese version.

Well i don't think the whole bond phenomenon/synchro evolution is anime only since they already introduce ash-greninja in the demo, so there's a chance we going to see z-forms/z-evolution what ever the hell they;ll call, if they're just puttin ash-greninja in the game without introducing to some concept to ash-greninja, then it'll be a waste of time just putting ash-greninja in the demo
it's because it's heavily marketed and it's name is from an anime character plus it obviously isn't new for Pokemon to have exclusive abilities or have mystery gifts from other medias in the games.

Like, all the evidence is there and we likely just got our last news of the month.

It's on the first page with "Riddler leaks" tab go in that its the last tab you'll see.

Actully we could still have news on the 16 and confirmed news on the 23, so no we will have more

Sorry poeple keep saying Z-forms is fake and they don't have a reliable source, prove or evidenced to back it up otherwise, they just assuming it's fake because of the whole battle bond ability ash-greninja, so i'm still not convinced about this

First of all it's an opinion, so take a breath sweetie. Second not everyone is saying it's fake just that it's a bit unlikely at this point. I myself a fan of changing forms, finds it unlikely to happen this late in the game. I feel like there would have been some reveal by now. Either way you can't say it has been debunked or that it has been confirmed, because it has not been one way or the other, so let's just put it to rest for now until we know more.

Edit: make sure you combine your posts so you dont have a double post. The mods dont like that.

Back
Top Bottom