• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 226 52.1%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.7%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Pokemon to discover and Chinese Riddles to solve!
Reaction score
Of all non-Legendary and non-Mythical Pokemon up to gen 6, 9.13% are not part of an evolutionary line.

Based on this, using what we have in info from Pokemon sun and moon confirmed info we can see that:

We have seen 61 non-legendary Pokemon so far, we can assume that the starters have a 3rd evolution and that Meowth does indeed evolve into an Aloloan Perisan so 64 Pokemon total

Of those 64 non legendary Pokemon 14 have not received a confirmed evolution. this is 21.8% of all the Pokemon shown, which is far higher than 9.13% and higher than the highest generation, generation 3 which had 15.81% of Pokemon not be part of an evolutionary line.

If we assume that there will be 80 new pokemon, including alolan forms, then this percentage would be 17.5%.

If we assume that Pikipek, Wimpod, Salandit and Morelul will get an evo, or any 4 Pokemon of the current 14 pokemon we currently believe to be standalone, then the percentage falls to 12.5% of 80 pokemon (The rumoured total) and 15.6% of the 64 pokemon we have had confirmed.

This makes me think that about 4-5 of the current pokemon we know to be standalone pokemon will evolve or have a pre-evo, assuming that there will not be any more standalone pokemon introduced in this generation.

If I did any errors in maths please correct me, but for the most part the numbers are generally correct as far as I am aware.

I'm aware that alone this means literally nothing, Alola could be a freak statistically in this regard, but averages do give us some form of idea of a rough estimate, so I thought I would just let you guys know anyway. take it with a pinch- no, a heap of salt.

Reaction score
I don't think z forms will be a thing... it seems to me to make no sense. If we got z forms I think it would be a minor change in design, because why add z forms when we have Megas? Also it wouldn't make sense for new Pokémon to get another form. We should be happy either way if they exist or not. Nintendo has worked very hard on this game, and it truly is great to be able to do the things we want even if every feature we want isn't in it. IMO at least

Pokemon to discover and Chinese Riddles to solve!
Reaction score
Am I the only one who just realized this phrasing???

TO QUOTE:

...."Any of these Mega-Evolving Pokemon that can be caught in the Alola region will be able to Mega Evolve..."

Do we take this literally? does this mean that if a pokemon is not able to be found in Sun and Moon without importing from previous gen's then it can't mega evolve?

Does that mean that every pokemon that has been shown to Mega Evolve in sun and moon is able to be obtained without transfer in pokemon Sun/Moon???

That would apply to Kangaskhan, Lucario, Alakazam, Gardevoir, Pinsir, and anything else I can't recall seeing mega evolve in any source we've seen so far.

If this is true this could potentially be very interesting since some mega's will simply cease to be a thing if it is literal in its phrasing.

Probably not though hopefully? thoughts?

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think about this 80 new Pokemon rumour now...

I mean we already have 53 Pokemon revealed and presumably we're probably going to get a handful more before release. (A Pikipek evolution seems like a pretty safe bet at least)

Unless Gamefreak just don't care about surprises anymore....which I guess is totally possible.
When XY were released, every Pokemon, except for Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion had been revealed in one way or another.
Including mega evolutions.
So unless this game has much more Pokémon to reveal, then we are dwindling down with reveals and can probably only expect 4-5 more Pokémon revealed before the games are released.

Reaction score
When does the data mining starts? give me the date
The demo comes out on Tuesday the 18th at 12am local time, meaning that Japan gets it hours before Europe and America do, but the main people who are going to be doing the datamining have Japanese 3DS' and live on the west coast of the US, meaning that when the demo goes live at Tuesday midnight on the Japanese store, it will be Monday 8am for them.

So basically, the datamining will officially begin Monday the 17th of October at 8am PT/11am ET/3pm GMT.

Enjoy your last weekend of being spoiler free people, the ride is about to start.

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score
Do we take this literally? does this mean that if a pokemon is not able to be found in Sun and Moon without importing from previous gen's then it can't mega evolve?

Does that mean that every pokemon that has been shown to Mega Evolve in sun and moon is able to be obtained without transfer in pokemon Sun/Moon???
I think it's important to read the full sentence in this case. At least, that's what I think. It goes...
"... any of these Mega-Evolving Pokemon that can be caught in the Alola region will be able to evolve in Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, as well."
I think this simply means that there will at least be a selection of Pokemon available in the Alola Region that have a Mega Evolution from a previous game.

Reaction score
When XY were released, every Pokemon, except for Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion had been revealed in one way or another.
So unless this game has much more Pokémon to reveal, then we are dwindling down with reveals and can probably only expect 4-5 more Pokémon revealed before the games are released.
No. They officially revealed 42 of 72 pokémon with XY. Then leaks happened when people got the game two weeks early.

They did reveal everything for ORAS though.

Shadow Monarch
Reaction score
Riddler's new post:

1. Based on what he have said about Olivia (her's identity are exactly the same with someone else), he said it's "exactly the same", the information we know today is not enough to describe as "exactly the same".

2. I will try to translate this as close as possible:
"Now everyone definitely understands/know about a certain "quite famous" leak, he mentioned "Pokemon league". In fact, all official news hasn't mentioned anything about Pokemon league or Pokemon gyms, etc. The company feels like it very easy for fans to understanding and accept these things like "Island challenge". One thing very fun is these days, the foreign news and media preview and rating, there someone asks them about their thought, revolution or celebration, deny all the former's work, look like change all these things are useless. In the end, to know it will bringing a whole new experience or not, it's base on player go try it for their self, maybe hardcore players will not like it, who know?

Go back to the original post, it's said no Pokemon league and E4, then talk about we will have E4 later, I will ask you guys one thing, maybe no one consider about this: "E4 are formed by who then?" E4 exist or not, I think we don't need to think too much, that leak definitely said E4 will appear after Pokemon league was built, so the candidate for E4 is not that simple, what are "position" of Island Challenges, what is the truth of Pokemon league in series? This game will answer all of that. Btw, who is Champion, how many are there? We will find the truth in 11/18."

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Is he still barking up that league creation tree? I like the concept but it feels very unlikely at this point.

Achilles' Heal
Reaction score
That's not true though? The final starter evos, the Goomy Line, and the Pumpkaboo line didn't show up out of leaks.

Reaction score
Riddler's new post:

1. Based on what he have said about Olivia (her's identity are exactly the same with someone else), he said it's "exactly the same", the information we know today is not enough to describe as "exactly the same".

2. I will try to translate this as close as possible:
"Now everyone definitely understands/know about a certain "quite famous" leak, he mentioned "Pokemon league". In fact, all official news hasn't mentioned anything about Pokemon league or Pokemon gyms, etc. The company feels like it very easy for fans to understanding and accept these things like "Island challenge". One thing very fun is these days, the foreign news and media preview and rating, there someone asks them about their thought, revolution or celebration, deny all the former's work, look like change all these things are useless. In the end, to know it will bringing a whole new experience or not, it's base on player go try it for their self, maybe hardcore players will not like it, who know?

Go back to the original post, it's said no Pokemon league and E4, then talk about we will have E4 later, I will ask you guys one thing, maybe no one consider about this: "E4 are formed by who then?" E4 exist or not, I think we don't need to think too much, that leak definitely said E4 will appear after Pokemon league was built, so the candidate for E4 is not that simple, what are "position" of Island Challenges, what is the truth of Pokemon league in series? This game will answer all of that. Btw, who is Champion, how many are there? We will find the truth in 11/18."
Olivia's Chinese name is exactly the same with Sabrina's Hong Kong name.
Maybe that is what he meant by "exactly the same".

Reaction score
Let's face the facts here. We really don't know jack about the actual gameplay. Yes it had a lot of general pokemon basics. Catch pokemon, train, battle. We know there are challenges and trials, but as for the actual story we do not know anything. We don't know what the trials intel. There could be some sort of league, or maybe we build it. The fact is we have no idea how it's going to be. Just that it's different than any pokemon we have played before.

Reaction score
Let's face the facts here. We really don't know jack about the actual gameplay. Yes it had a lot of general pokemon basics. Catch pokemon, train, battle. We know there are challenges and trials, but as for the actual story we do not know anything. We don't know what the trials intel. There could be some sort of league, or maybe we build it. The fact is we have no idea how it's going to be. Just that it's different than any pokemon we have played before.
Well we do have an idea of what three trials are. Mallow's is to look for some ingredients in the jungle, Lana's is to find an upset pokemon and calm it down, and Kiawe's is paying attention to certain dances.

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
Based on what he have said about Olivia (her's identity are exactly the same with someone else), he said it's "exactly the same", the information we know today is not enough to describe as "exactly the same".
Calling it now, Olivia is either Candela's older sister or they're the same person with two diffrent jobs moonlighting as two diffrent type experts.

Don't be daft
Reaction score
Why are people counting on data mining the demo? Would GameFreak be stupid enough to put all the data in the demo again like in ORAS?

Reaction score
Why are people counting on data mining the demo? Would GameFreak be stupid enough to put all the data in the demo again like in ORAS?
All the data being in the demo has nothing to do with stupidity, it's due to the fact that trying to scrub data out of things like demos is time consuming, costly and risky as all hell since it can completely break the game. It's the reason why for example that many games have loads of unused assets left in the code (AZ's Floette is probably a perfect example of this), not out of laziness or incompetence on the devs part, but because trying to remove them rendered part of the game(or even the whole game) unplayable, and thus devs left them in.

So yeah, anyone expecting GF to scrub the demo shouldn't get their hopes up, if they care enough and are willing to put in the time and money they could do it, but the fact that they seem to be rushing to show us everything the game has before the demo drops(todays trailer was the epitome of this) tells me that they expect the whole game to be datamined.

Last edited:
Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Likely since they brought back customization for SM and left out Battle Frontier in ORAS. So they could repeat that mistake again.