• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
We're certainly not getting any more new Pokemon beyond what was seen in the datamine. However, it is worth noting that as far as I know this leak is still going strong
Unexpected%20types%20leak%204chan%2015-09-2016.png

Since neither Arbok nor Dodrio exists in the Alolan Dex (the only part of the dex we have graphics for) there is always the possibility that they appear in the National Dex with Alolan forms. However, I don't see that as hugely likely and the only reason I purport any likeliehood of it at all is because of this leak. Other than that though, what we've seen is certainly what we get.

Idk Rumbelt doesn't sound that terrible imo. At least I know how to pronounce it (unlike Beltigre).

Also I could always shout "Ready to Rumbelt", which would be funnoying.

Also, what do you guys mean by it doesn't fit into the other names?

Lol that would be fun I guess. And have you ever heard of the show "El Tigre: the Adventures of Manny Rivera"? Either way I think it's pronounced "Bell Tea Grey", and it doesn't have a cat word in the name like Litten and Torracat.

We're certainly not getting any more new Pokemon beyond what was seen in the datamine. However, it is worth noting that as far as I know this leak is still going strong
Unexpected%20types%20leak%204chan%2015-09-2016.png

Since neither Arbok nor Dodrio exists in the Alolan Dex (the only part of the dex we have graphics for) there is always the possibility that they appear in the National Dex with Alolan forms. However, I don't see that as hugely likely and the only reason I purport any likeliehood of it at all is because of this leak. Other than that though, what we've seen is certainly what we get.

It's also wrong about Marshadow's type though. According to the Datamines there are no new types. I really doubt it tbh but it's interesting how close it is.

Hey sorry I'm in process of moving so never saw reply. Had to dig through the archive but found the one I referenced.

/vp/ - Pokémon » Thread #29390435

So far most of this stuff actually seems pretty believable and not outlandish. Nice.

<-< If people are gonna make up news they could at least put a little effort into it and draw some decent fake art. Anyone can just say stuff.

"There will be a patch after a month or two so day-one players will have had plenty of time to finish the main story. This patch will add new content- clothes, reveal new alolan forms and pokemon on a new island that was previously hidden away like the Mirage Islands!"

See? I just made a 'leak'. PRAISE MY SKILLS FOR I AM GOOD.

Leaks have been dead pretty much since the Data-mine, I am sad I miss the speculation and stuff.
That doesn't stop me from going on VP hoping for more leaks to debunk and or ponder.

Wow! So many leaks say that the Battle Frontier is in Sun and Moon! It could just be strong wishes or it could be true.

I am really hoping for the latter. :)

<-< If people are gonna make up news they could at least put a little effort into it and draw some decent fake art. Anyone can just say stuff.

"There will be a patch after a month or two so day-one players will have had plenty of time to finish the main story. This patch will add new content- clothes, reveal new alolan forms and pokemon on a new island that was previously hidden away like the Mirage Islands!"

See? I just made a 'leak'. PRAISE MY SKILLS FOR I AM GOOD.
This is pretty much true. My uncle at Nintendo confirmed it. :p

Wow! So many leaks say that the Battle Frontier is in Sun and Moon! It could just be strong wishes or it could be true.

I am really hoping for the latter. :)
SM has the Battle Royal. It is the "facility you would not believe" hinted in XY. The Battle Frontier is pretty much deconfirmed. But until the games are out, we can hope about a Battle Frontier. xD

SM has the Battle Royal. It is the "facility you would not believe" hinted in XY. The Battle Frontier is pretty much deconfirmed.
That's an assumption that, while I'm a firm disbeliever in the Battle Frontier, isn't fact - unless people have outright confirmed that this facility is something that we wouldn't believe in Alola, then I think for now it's open to interpretation. Sure, it may be the only thing that fits the criteria right now, but we still don't know everything about the full game. It's not like I'm expecting something even greater, though - I'm just saying that this possibility isn't struck out for good just yet. Trust me, I've argued enough about the Ultra Beasts to know this.

There are rumors of new Eeveelutions (Fantendo Wiki states that there is a "Dragon" and "Steel" evolutions of Eevee, as well as a "Sound" type evolution). I don't think this is real as there is NO SOUND-TYPE (well, as far as I am aware) (Pokémon Sun and Moon/Pokédex). So I think that we may need to be careful of websites such as these as these may be fake news. I tend to rely more on both Bulbagarden and Serebii for my information. But deep down, I hope two of the three evolutions of Eevee are true though.

That's an assumption that, while I'm a firm disbeliever in the Battle Frontier, isn't fact - unless people have outright confirmed that this facility is something that we wouldn't believe in Alola, then I think for now it's open to interpretation. Sure, it may be the only thing that fits the criteria right now, but we still don't know everything about the full game. It's not like I'm expecting something even greater, though - I'm just saying that this possibility isn't struck out for good just yet. Trust me, I've argued enough about the Ultra Beasts to know this.
It is an assumption, yes. But a logical one. They have put so much effort in advertising the Battle Royal, that they will surely want players to focus on that. Battle Frontier and Battle Royal would just take away the focus from each other.

Unless they are really going ALL OUT for SM, which would be great, no doubt. But I don´t think it´s the case, tbh.

There are rumors of new Eeveelutions (Fantendo Wiki states that there is a "Dragon" and "Steel" evolutions of Eevee, as well as a "Sound" type evolution). I don't think this is real as there is NO SOUND-TYPE (well, as far as I am aware) (Pokémon Sun and Moon/Pokédex). So I think that we may need to be careful of websites such as these as these may be fake news. I tend to rely more on both Bulbagarden and Serebii for my information. But deep down, I hope two of the three evolutions of Eevee are true though.
Fantendo Wiki is called Fantendo for a reason... This is like a fan-fiction, they do not pretend to write real infos. Just look at the Pokémon Sun and Moon page, the region is "Wizel".

It is an assumption, yes. But a logical one. They have put so much effort in advertising the Battle Royal, that they will surely want players to focus on that. Battle Frontier and Battle Royal would just take away the focus from each other.

Except that the Battle Frontier and the Battle Royal are for two different target audiences: one's mostly for multiplayer, the other's mostly for single player. So there's no reason they would take away the focus from each other. Also, XY has the Battle Maison and the Battle Chateau. Proof that two different battle facilities can exist peacefully together just fine.

And as ToyaShiro said, the only reason it's 'logical' to assume that the Battle Royal is the 'never before heard of facility' is because it's the only one we know of so far. It could very well be that it's indeed that facility, but before we've seen everything the game has to offer, there's no reason to state it as a fact.

Except that the Battle Frontier and the Battle Royal are for two different target audiences: one's mostly for multiplayer, the other's mostly for single player.
Both Masuda and Ohmori recently stated they hope more people go online and play multiplayer battles, and try the Battle Royal. A Battle Frontier would give players a reason to battle offline more. (although I hope the Battle Royal has a single player, offline version as well).
Also, XY has the Battle Maison and the Battle Chateau. Proof that two different battle facilities can exist peacefully together just fine.
The Battle Chateau is not a Battle Facility per se. It is just a place where you can find NPCs (no levels scaling, items are allowed, basically just a normal Pokemon Battle), since XY doesn´t have a rematching system (Trainer´s Eye, VS Seeker, etc).
And as ToyaShiro said, the only reason it's 'logical' to assume that the Battle Royal is the 'never before heard of facility' is because it's the only one we know of so far. It could very well be that it's indeed that facility, but before we've seen everything the game has to offer, there's no reason to state it as a fact.
No, it´s logical to assume that the Battle Royal is the "facility you wouldn´t believe" because Game Freak are advertising it like crazy. It is very clear that it is the new thing they want us to try the most.

Just my opinion though. I would love the return of the Battle Frontier as much as the next guy. Especially a brand new Battle Frontier, with never before seen facilities. I just think it is delusional to expect it in a first pair of a new gen, especially when they are introducing a new revolutionary battle style this gen.

Remember, people: Hoenn Battle Frontier/Sinnoh Battle Frontier/PWT are expansion features that are only introduced to make people revisit a region they have already visited last year.

People usually don´t feel like playing through the same region they already explored last year, so an expanded Battle Facility helps to boost sales. Brand new games like Sun/Moon don´t need such a feature to boost sales.

Last edited:
Just my opinion though. I would love the return of the Battle Frontier as much as the next guy. I just think it is delusional to expect it in a first pair of a new gen, especially when they have introduced a new revolutionary battle style this gen.

Before Sun/Moon, people would've said anyone expecting no Gyms, pre-evolutions for legendaries, no third legendary to go along with the pair after four generations, the third version being skipped outright, and so on to be 'delusional'. Hell, the last point was something that was heavily resisted by the fanbase as I remember a few users on here and other sites getting crap for even remotely speculating that we could possibly skip a "Pokémon Z".

While it's definitely possible for us to not get another Battle Facility, saying that the reason we won't get one is because "it hasn't happened before" isn't exactly the best reasoning. Sun/Moon have already broken some conventions, so it's not out of the realms of possibility that they actually put in a post-game into Sun/Moon, especially since we don't have any indication that they necessarily will make a 'third version' for these games.

I think Aether Paradise is the facility we wouldn't believe.

The only thing keeping my BF hope alive is the Riddler's Anabel hint.

While it's definitely possible for us to not get another Battle Facility, saying that the reason we won't get one is because "it hasn't happened before" isn't exactly the best reasoning.
But that´s not what I said. I said Game Freak only creates expanded Battle Facilities (Battle Frontier, PWT) for games that need a selling point (read: third versions, sequels).

I am saying this based on development logic, not patterns.

The problem with the Battle Royal is that it is only being referred to as a local wireless feature, limiting its accessibility quite a bit.

But that´s not what I said. I said Game Freak only creates expanded Battle Facilities (Battle Frontier, PWT) for games that need a selling point (read: third versions, sequels).

I am saying this based on development logic, not patterns.
If those games are a thing of the past, then Game Freak should be asking themselves if they want special battle facilities to be left in the past, as well. If they do want them back to some degree, why not now?

The problem with the Battle Royal is that it is only being referred to as a local wireless feature, limiting its accessibility quite a bit.
This would be very disappointing. Especially combined with the possible removal of Triple and Rotation Battles. I think BR would have an online version as well, and hopefully a single player version as well. Otherwise it is a waste of a concept.

Last edited:
I don't see sequels for Sun and Moon at all at the moment. But it's too early to say. Since Kalos never received an expansion despite feeling so empty, who's to say what's next. It can be anything at this point. :/

Back
Top Bottom