• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
If I want to say something about Stars, it's this:

It's essentially overpriced DLC

So is every other third version, what's your point?

Also, you literally do not know what the rumoured third version entails, or how much is added and changed in the game. You should display more caution before writing ignorant posts. At least wait until there is SOME confirmed information on it before judging it.

So is every other third version, what's your point?

Also, you literally do not know what the rumoured third version entails, or how much is added and changed in the game. You should display more caution before writing ignorant posts. At least wait until there is SOME confirmed information on it before judging it.

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were not, I mean "Overpriced DLC" because of this:

You Need to buy a NS (Around 300 Dollars)

You Need to buy Stars (About 30-40 Dollars)

And here's one thing: How does SM even manage to make the N3DS Lag when it is also playable on an O3DS, which is slightly laggier, yet not a N3DS Exclusive?

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were not, I mean "Overpriced DLC" because of this:

And here's one thing: How does SM even manage to make the N3DS Lag when it is also playable on an O3DS, which is slightly laggier, yet not a N3DS Exclusive?
Welp, look like I'm going to sink $300 on Switch and $40 on Stars, just like I sink $349 on Xbox one, $130 for HD TV and 3 Xbox one game which is $60 each. Then in 2015, I sinked $200 on New 3DS XL and $40 for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. Then Last month I sinked $80 on both Sun and Moon. Am I a sucker when it comes to gaming, because i'll do anything for it

In my opinion, the last game in a Generation, is usually the best game of that Generation. This has been the case in Gen II (Crystal), Gen III (Emerald), Gen V (BW2) and Gen VI (ORAS).

Gen I and IV are the exceptions, as Yellow and HGSS are not objectively superior to RB and Platinum, respectively (even though I personally prefer the former tbh)
So Stars could be the final game of Gen VII? Going out in a supernova for Gen 7 would be astronomical. :p

Why must we keep mentioning the fact that you need to buy the Switch to play games on the switch? it is quite redundant unless you are implying complaints directed towards the switch potentially getting a pokemon game which I'm kinda tired of in terms of debates

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Plantium are no different than your stars and NS example because you still needed to have purchased the console to play those games on, as well as the game, your example doesn't mean anything because you are making the baseless assumption that everyone somehow has a 3DS for free already therefore its less expensive- It's not
In a situation where someone has neither the 3ds nor the Nintendo switch getting either Sun / Moon or Stars will still cost the price of the game plus the console, just as you had to for your examples of why they were not overpiced DLC (which I was fine with honestly, they had good enough imrpovements plus you didn't need the previous game)

People still had to buy the 3DS so implying it costs an additional 300$ than getting sun / moon on the 3DS is just wrong since the 3DS is NOT free, total costs of getting Stars on the NS would be similar to getting Sun / Moon on the N3DS in total cost

You are only mentioning this because you forgot this and make it sound like its extortion for nintendo to have a game on a console you still have to buy, I really am sick of implied complaints of this nature, if you intention wasn't to complain about this I apologize but your phrasing seemed to imply it.

How is purchasing Pokémon Stars any different than purchasing any other third version? Literally every third version so far is the same game with extra features (which is no different than DLC). The fact that you have to purchase a new console for it (the best Nintendo console specs wise currently existing), implies that Pokémon Stars will be handled very different than previous third version titles, which makes it much less like DLC, and more like a new game altogether.

SM makes N3DS lag simply because, like the original, it is not powerful enough to run the game without lags. That is all there is to it. That is also why Nintendo Stars will be much better off on the Nintendo Switch than any 3DS console.

Well, there will still be a major compatibility issue if Stars is real.
It's already been stated that while the Switch can't run 3DS games, we don't know anything about its ability to connect to the system wirelessly.

Some people actually believe that the Switch can't connect with the 3DS whatsoever.
But there's no conclusive statements either way. There's no good reason to definitively believe that to be the case at this point.

I don't believe so. I don't trust people I believe are untrustworthy, like Laura Dale.
Just out of curiosity why do you find her untrustworthy? As far as I can remember she's been very accurate with most if not all of the leaks she's published so far.

Just out of curiosity why do you find her untrustworthy? As far as I can remember she's been very accurate with most if not all of the leaks she's published so far.
So far, I see nothing credible from her. But, we'll have to wait and see.

So far, I see nothing credible from her. But, we'll have to wait and see.
She's been right on the Until Dawn dlc, she reported and got a hold of a PS4 Slim 2 weeks before it was even announced by Sony. She called the time of the switch announcement before it was revealed. She also had an accurate mock-up of the switch controller months before we actually saw it. If that's not credible then I don't know what is.

She's been right on the Until Dawn dlc, she reported and got a hold of a PS4 Slim 2 weeks before it was even announced by Sony. She called the time of the switch announcement before it was revealed. She also had an accurate mock-up of the switch controller months before we actually saw it. If that's not credible then I don't know what is.
I messed up. I meant Emily Rogers. Sorry about that.

I don't believe so. I don't trust people I believe are untrustworthy, like Laura Dale.

If you're going to accuse of someone being untrustworthy, shouldn't you atleast why you think they are trustworthy? What did they do to earn your distrust?

If you're going to accuse of someone being untrustworthy, shouldn't you atleast why you think they are trustworthy? What did they do to earn your distrust?
I actually meant to say Emily Rogers. She has given out false information, such as the Mother 3 VC release and playable Female Link in BotW.

That doesn't really affect it.

There is no conclusive evidence either way of a possible wireless incompatibility, and Nintendo hardware has been able to communicate wirelessly with games it can't run for years (ever since the Wii/DS days, Wiis obviously can't run NDS software, but it's still perfectly possible for a Wii to communicate with a NDS wirelessly, same with the Wii U and 3DS), meaning the Switch's inability to run 3DS software isn't really a shot against it.

Also what does Rogers have to do with it either, has she even said anything on Pokémon recently? The Stars rumor was Dale and Eurogamer.

That doesn't really affect it.

There is no conclusive evidence either way of a possible wireless incompatibility, and Nintendo hardware has been able to communicate wirelessly with games it can't run for years (ever since the Wii/DS days, Wiis obviously can't run NDS software, but it's still perfectly possible for a Wii to communicate with a NDS wirelessly, same with the Wii U and 3DS), meaning the Switch's inability to run 3DS software isn't really a shot against it.

Also what does Rogers have to do with it either, has she even said anything on Pokémon recently? The Stars rumor was Dale and Eurogamer.
Someone said that Emily Rogers was in on it in earlier posts of the Pokemon Game in 2017 thread.

Back
Top Bottom