• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 226 52.1%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.7%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
Although that makes sense, making a special edition instead of a port would be more experimental. Gen 5 came out only a few months before the 3DS was released. By that logic, why didn't we see Black 2 and White 2 (or even a 'Pokemon Grey') on the 3DS? It seemed as if they wanted to wait before trying to make a new game for the 3DS. (I'll exclude Gates of Infinity, since it was both the final game of the gen, and not a main series game). A straight port would make a little more sense in the possibility it is somewhat 'safer'. Plus, we aren't sure how compatible the 3DS and the Switch will be, if they have very little compatibility with the 3DS, again, a simple port would work better.
It's also true that a simple port might not be seen as a 'mainline' game. (It could also be safer to just release DP remakes Jan/Feb of 2018? Maybe?)
I guess if Stars is a totally new game, perhaps the DP remakes will get one version for the Switch, and then another for the 3DS. Kind of like PMD1, with one release version for the game boy, and one for the DS. I can't see this being the best option though.
Just so we're on the same page... how do you define a "port"?

Reaction score
3rd Lycanroc form? Datamined music for new team? I would love sources!
For the first one, it was sometime ago on SciresM's twitter and said something like "I wonder what this could be" and it was a placeholder image on the PGL that said Lycanroc Form 4 or something like that (With form 0 being midday and form 1-3 being midnight and shinies) so something is going on with Lycanroc. For the music check rusyaeffy++ and it's the video 5 Datamined secrets from Sun and Moon

"You can order me around and I'll disappoint you!"
Reaction score
Just so we're on the same page... how do you define a "port"?
It would either be the same as Sun/Moon with some graphical changes, I would also consider Sun/Moon with a few extra Pokemon thrown in, with no storyline changes and very little extra content (if any) as a port.
I just think if we do get 'Pokemon Stars' it won't be much to shout about, it might be more of an experiment than anything else, it just won't be all as exciting as everyone is appears to expect it to be.

Reaction score
It would either be the same as Sun/Moon with some graphical changes, I would also consider Sun/Moon with a few extra Pokemon thrown in, with no storyline changes and very little extra content (if any) as a port.
I just think if we do get 'Pokemon Stars' it won't be much to shout about, it might be more of an experiment than anything else, it just won't be all as exciting as everyone is appears to expect it to be.
I mean, you kind of just described a port as exactly what the third versions of past gens have fallen in line with.. Would you consider a third version to be a port then??

"You can order me around and I'll disappoint you!"
Reaction score
I mean, you kind of just described a port as exactly what the third versions of past gens have fallen in line with.. Would you consider a third version to be a port then??
A lot of the third versions did have at least some story line changes to them, and general expansions.
A port would have almost none of that.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
I think that the next game would be better. First pair games are always topped by the next games.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Pre Gen V I would have agreed with you on that, but it's all subjective in the end.
Pre gen 5? I thought HGSS were the best of gen 4 or at least tied with Platinum, Emerald was the best of gen 3, Crystal of gen 2 and Yellow of gen 1. Then of course there is ORAS of gen 6.

Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
In my opinion, the last game in a Generation, is usually the best game of that Generation. This has been the case in Gen II (Crystal), Gen III (Emerald), Gen V (BW2) and Gen VI (ORAS).

Gen I and IV are the exceptions, as Yellow and HGSS are not objectively superior to RB and Platinum, respectively (even though I personally prefer the former tbh)

Last edited:
If she's UB-01, I'm UB-01
Reaction score
In my opinion, the last game in a Generation, is usually the best game of that Generation. This has been the case in Gen II (Crystal), Gen III (Emerald), Gen V (BW2) and Gen VI (ORAS).

Gen I and IV are the exceptions, as Yellow and HGSS are not objectively superior to RB and Platinum, respectively (even though I personally prefer them tbh)
I liked BW better than B2W2. Better story outweighed the expanded regional dex and PWT imo

Reaction score
We talked about the models being found, but we haven't seen them yet. I am laughing so hard over Komala just rolling around.
Same! It's adorable. Almost enough to maybe convince me to use one XD

IMO, if Stars is real it needs to be more than a port. Hell, it needs to be more than a third version. If they really want it to do well, I think it'll need to be a sequel and/or include several new incentives to buy. If it's a straight HD port of SM, I doubt I would buy it.

If I want to say something about Stars, it's this:

It's essentially overpriced DLC
We don't know this yet. But it is what I fear.

Last edited:
Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
If I want to say something about Stars, it's this:

It's essentially overpriced DLC
So is every other third version, what's your point?

Also, you literally do not know what the rumoured third version entails, or how much is added and changed in the game. You should display more caution before writing ignorant posts. At least wait until there is SOME confirmed information on it before judging it.

Reaction score
So is every other third version, what's your point?

Also, you literally do not know what the rumoured third version entails, or how much is added and changed in the game. You should display more caution before writing ignorant posts. At least wait until there is SOME confirmed information on it before judging it.
Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were not, I mean "Overpriced DLC" because of this:

You Need to buy a NS (Around 300 Dollars)

You Need to buy Stars (About 30-40 Dollars)

And here's one thing: How does SM even manage to make the N3DS Lag when it is also playable on an O3DS, which is slightly laggier, yet not a N3DS Exclusive?

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were not, I mean "Overpriced DLC" because of this:

And here's one thing: How does SM even manage to make the N3DS Lag when it is also playable on an O3DS, which is slightly laggier, yet not a N3DS Exclusive?
Welp, look like I'm going to sink $300 on Switch and $40 on Stars, just like I sink $349 on Xbox one, $130 for HD TV and 3 Xbox one game which is $60 each. Then in 2015, I sinked $200 on New 3DS XL and $40 for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. Then Last month I sinked $80 on both Sun and Moon. Am I a sucker when it comes to gaming, because i'll do anything for it

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score

Gen I and IV are the exceptions, as Yellow and HGSS are not objectively superior to RB and Platinum, respectively (even though I personally prefer the former tbh)
So Stars could be the final game of Gen VII? Going out in a supernova for Gen 7 would be astronomical. :p

Pokemon to discover and Chinese Riddles to solve!
Reaction score
Why must we keep mentioning the fact that you need to buy the Switch to play games on the switch? it is quite redundant unless you are implying complaints directed towards the switch potentially getting a pokemon game which I'm kinda tired of in terms of debates

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Plantium are no different than your stars and NS example because you still needed to have purchased the console to play those games on, as well as the game, your example doesn't mean anything because you are making the baseless assumption that everyone somehow has a 3DS for free already therefore its less expensive- It's not
In a situation where someone has neither the 3ds nor the Nintendo switch getting either Sun / Moon or Stars will still cost the price of the game plus the console, just as you had to for your examples of why they were not overpiced DLC (which I was fine with honestly, they had good enough imrpovements plus you didn't need the previous game)

People still had to buy the 3DS so implying it costs an additional 300$ than getting sun / moon on the 3DS is just wrong since the 3DS is NOT free, total costs of getting Stars on the NS would be similar to getting Sun / Moon on the N3DS in total cost

You are only mentioning this because you forgot this and make it sound like its extortion for nintendo to have a game on a console you still have to buy, I really am sick of implied complaints of this nature, if you intention wasn't to complain about this I apologize but your phrasing seemed to imply it.

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score

How is purchasing Pokémon Stars any different than purchasing any other third version? Literally every third version so far is the same game with extra features (which is no different than DLC). The fact that you have to purchase a new console for it (the best Nintendo console specs wise currently existing), implies that Pokémon Stars will be handled very different than previous third version titles, which makes it much less like DLC, and more like a new game altogether.

SM makes N3DS lag simply because, like the original, it is not powerful enough to run the game without lags. That is all there is to it. That is also why Nintendo Stars will be much better off on the Nintendo Switch than any 3DS console.