• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 226 52.1%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.7%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
My god, please just take a second to realise why Slaking has that ability, and why you are not apparently able to understand how game breaking that would be and therefore apparently have no idea how game balance actually works.

Slaking and Regigigas have DELIBERATELY TERRIBLE ABILITIES because THEIR STATS ARE LUDICROUSLY BROKEN.
Giving Slaking a positive effect ability would make him OU if not Ubers.

Also no pokemon with levitate has yet to receive a hidden ability, and no pokemon other than the Brongzong line have access to Levitate and additional abilities due to them wanting the gimmick of "He can either lose his weakness to Fire or his weakness to Ground! you decide!", also Lunatone and Solrock would need new models for Shields down to actually work. I highly doubt it will happen.

I do agree though however that I am a little sick of gen 1 alola forms, an Alolan Sunflora is what i'm dreaming of next to Octillery, neither of which are in Sun/Moon so I can dream.
I know why Slaking has Truant because of that BST of 670. But can Gamebreaking really be an excuse against making him better when we have stuff like Gen 5 Power creep and Gen 6 Megas+Primals who got buffed this Gen as well? Non-truant Slaking really should be the least of your worries
And Regigigas is a legendary why shouldn't he be broken? He wouldn't be allowed in most official competitions anyway.

I didn't say give them Shields Down as an Hidden ability, I meant give them new forms. And why can't they get new models? Alolan variants have new models next to the old ones.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
I hope the next games will not have any new alola forms for Kanto. Sun and Moon were enough in my opinion.

If she's UB-01, I'm UB-01
Reaction score
I know why Slaking has Truant because of that BST of 670. But can Gamebreaking really be an excuse against making him better when we have stuff like Gen 5 Power creep and Gen 6 Megas+Primals who got buffed this Gen as well? Non-truant Slaking really should be the least of your worries
And Regigigas is a legendary why shouldn't he be broken? He wouldn't be allowed in most official competitions anyway.

I didn't say give them Shields Down as an Hidden ability, I meant give them new forms. And why can't they get new models? Alolan variants have new models next to the old ones.
Comatose Slaking would be ludicrously broken even in today's metagame. Fast, strong, bulky, AND completely immune to status? No thank you. It would be on a similar level to Mega Kangaskhan or Mega Salamence.

Reaction score
and yet Gen V also introduced Archeops which is a member of the same "high BST, crippling ability" family as Regigigas and Slaking. Non-Truant Slaking would be bearable, however the problem is that like Mega Kangaskhan, non-Truant Slaking would be incredibly centralizing.
per VGC rulesets (and even in-game Battle facility sets), Regigigas is not banned.

Reaction score
and yet Gen V also introduced Archeops which is a member of the same "high BST, crippling ability" family as Regigigas and Slaking. Non-Truant Slaking would be bearable, however the problem is that like Mega Kangaskhan, non-Truant Slaking would be incredibly centralizing.

per VGC rulesets (and even in-game Battle facility sets), Regigigas is not banned.
At least Archeops could get a few strong hits in.
Slaking loses to PROTECT and Regigigas needs 5 turns to be useful, enough time render him useless.

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score

>575 vs 670.

Next thing we know you'll want some of the lesser used cover legends like Reshiram dropping into OU.

As for Regigigas it has no excuse for being so terrible other than shitty flavor.

Reaction score
>575 vs 670.
if we're going to be pedantic, it's 567. still has one of the highest Attack stats in the game even if you consider Megas and Legendaries. of course, it's BST is also depressed by having non-existent defenses. and again, the concept stands: hits hard, terrible ability that makes it unusable.
Next thing we know you'll want some of the lesser used cover legends like Reshiram dropping into OU.
maybe just reread the post, i'll repeat it for you though: Non-Truant Slaking wouldn't be game breaking. it would, however, be centralizing. of course, Game Freak doesn't balance around Smogon so idk why you brought that up.
As for Regigigas it has no excuse for being so terrible other than shitty flavor.
and was designed before Game Freak was taking serious consideration of their competitive scene.

Reaction score
Huh, we've gone from Stars, to Complaining about Slaking and Regigigas. Amazing.

Also, did anybody experience Lag in Triple Battles in XYORAS? I beleive I may found out how the game lags.

(Taken from my reddit comment on how someone wanted SM to be delayed for the Switch)

Let's say you are in the Battle Tree by yourself. You send out 2 of your Pokemon, that's normal, right? Well, You have 3 Objects. Your opponment also has 2 Pokemon Out, that means there are 6 Objects, If you are in a Double Battle with a Duo, you have 7 Objects. At Most, with Multi Battles, we can have 8 Objects on the screen at once

Namely, it seems that Multi Battles are (presumably) the Main Reason of Lag, having 8 Objects (You, Your Partner, the Opponments, the 4 Pokèmon) causes the game to lag. Someone needs to pick up from this...

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
if we're going to be pedantic, it's 567. still has one of the highest Attack stats in the game even if you consider Megas and Legendaries. of course, it's BST is also depressed by having non-existent defenses. and again, the concept stands: hits hard, terrible ability that makes it unusable.
That was my bad. I knew it was somewhere in that range.

maybe just reread the post, i'll repeat it for you though: Non-Truant Slaking wouldn't be game breaking. it would, however, be centralizing. of course, Game Freak doesn't balance around Smogon so idk why you brought that up.
Slacking with a non terrible ability would be about as centralizing as a cover legendary without much competitive use, AKA Reshiram which from the last smogon viability list is a D rank. With an actual amazing ability like comatose it would be even more absurd. We're talking about a 160 attack stat that can use items.

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
I have reasons to believe that the next generation of pokemon will take place on Spain. Hear me out on this one, I know it is pure speculation on my sude but you see junichi masuda was tweeting alot about spain lately also if you remeber during the ultra beast task mission looker always enter the door speaking spanish of some sort. I dont know maybe it is just me theorizing stuff but I really think spain will be the next setting

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I have reasons to believe that the next generation of pokemon will take place on Spain. Hear me out on this one, I know it is pure speculation on my sude but you see junichi masuda was tweeting alot about spain lately also if you remeber during the ultra beast task mission looker always enter the door speaking spanish of some sort. I dont know maybe it is just me theorizing stuff but I really think spain will be the next setting
I think that it's nothing. Generation 8 feels at least 3 years away. So why tweet about its real life location now when their focus could be on Stars?

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
I think that it's nothing. Generation 8 feels at least 3 years away. So why tweet about its real life location now when their focus could be on Stars?
Well it usually takes 2-3 years for them to make a game and as we all know they usually travel to the locations to scout the area like how they did in hawaii and france so this could be a vacation at the same time scouting the area

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Reshiram is still Ubers and while he might not be used as much as the other legendaries it's still pretty strong for OU and he has very strong Fire STAB.
Now Kyurem Black is OU because for a strong Pokemon with 170 attack he only has Dragon Claw and Fusion Bolt and no usable physical Ice STAB relying on Ice beam instead. Why doesn't he get Ice Punch? Maybe with the introduction of Ice Hammer he might get one.
Some Pokemon really should have their move sets fixed. Like Gardevoir should learn Boomburst

Pokemon to discover and Chinese Riddles to solve!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Reshiram is still Ubers and while he might not be used as much as the other legendaries it's still pretty strong for OU and he has very strong Fire STAB.
Now Kyurem Black is OU because for a strong Pokemon with 170 attack he only has Dragon Claw and Fusion Bolt and no usable physical Ice STAB relying on Ice beam instead. Why doesn't he get Ice Punch? Maybe with the introduction of Ice Hammer he might get one.
Some Pokemon really should have their move sets fixed. Like Gardevoir should learn Boomburst
HAHAHAHAH GARDEVOIR SHOULD GET BOOM BURST?

Please stop talking, for your own sake, please for the love of god. Pixilate Boomburst would be so so so cancerous I would not want that in my game.

Hypervoice Mega-Gardevoir with Pixilate will turn Hypervoice to Fairy type and give it x1.2 times damage then it gets stab from being Fairy Type on gardevoir, that would make it 162 base power.
BOOMBURST Mega-Gardevoir with Pixilate will turn Boomburst to Fairy type and give it x1.2 times damage then it gets stab from being Fairy Type on gardevoir, that would make it 252 base power.

252 base power gardevoir special move that goes through Sub and does AOE's in doubles, THAT IS MORE DAMAGE THAN EXPLOSION.

You have literally no idea what your ideas would do to the game in terms of balance, please actually think about what you are saying before you say these things, im not trying to be mean but if you were in charge of game balance you would ruin the entire game by the sounds of things :(((

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAH GARDEVOIR SHOULD GET BOOM BURST?

Please stop talking, for your own sake, please for the love of god. Pixilate Boomburst would be so so so cancerous I would not want that in my game.

Hypervoice Mega-Gardevoir with Pixilate will turn Hypervoice to Fairy type and give it x1.2 times damage then it gets stab from being Fairy Type on gardevoir, that would make it 162 base power.
BOOMBURST Mega-Gardevoir with Pixilate will turn Boomburst to Fairy type and give it x1.2 times damage then it gets stab from being Fairy Type on gardevoir, that would make it 252 base power.

252 base power gardevoir special move that goes through Sub and does AOE's in doubles, THAT IS MORE DAMAGE THAN EXPLOSION.

You have literally no idea what your ideas would do to the game in terms of balance, please actually think about what you are saying before you say these things, im not trying to be mean but if you were in charge of game balance you would ruin the entire game by the sounds of things :(((
When they love balancing around VGC wouldn't Boomburst be the right move for it to have? Because it can hit you're partner as well.

I'm a bit biased because Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon and GF really messed up on the stat allocations in it's Mega form. It gets 20 points added in ATTACK!!! WHY!!!!! Its not gonna use return ever and those 20 could have easily gone into it's speed stat to make it 120
Okay so no Boomburst but can get Spacial Rend because it's Pokedex entry states it can make black holes and that move is the closest we have to a black hole attack.

Can you imagine Extreme Speed Salamence
Close Combat Medicham

Also why isn't Secret Power a physical Hidden Power
And why not make Pure Power also double the Special stat

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score

Hey, man. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

ok now we're going from watching the world burn to straight up nuking it

Reaction score
When they love balancing around VGC wouldn't Boomburst be the right move for it to have? Because it can hit you're partner as well.

I'm a bit biased because Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon and GF really messed up on the stat allocations in it's Mega form. It gets 20 points added in ATTACK!!! WHY!!!!! Its not gonna use return ever and those 20 could have easily gone into it's speed stat to make it 120
Okay so no Boomburst but can get Spacial Rend because it's Pokedex entry states it can make black holes and that move is the closest we have to a black hole attack.

Close Combat Medicham

Also why isn't Secret Power a physical Hidden Power
And why not make Pure Power also double the Special stat
Gardevoir with Spacial Rend? Doesn't she have enough coverage against Dragon-Types?

Also, Let's give Talonflame Oblivion Wing! He totally needs a buff after the (Justifiable) Gale Wings Nerf (That's BS for ya!)

What's next? Combining Arceus', Mewtwo's, Mew's, Rayquaza's (Complete with Dragon Ascent), AND Charizard's movesets?!? Giving Pidgeot Dynamic Punch?! MAKE TOUGH CLAWS BOOST CONTACT MOVES BY 9001%?!?! Seriously, at this point you just want to destroy the Metagame.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
Speaking of Megas, Do you think GF will bring back New Mega evolution well and improved in future games, or GF got rid off Megas altogether

Reaction score
Gardevoir with Spacial Rend? Doesn't she have enough coverage against Dragon-Types?

Also, Let's give Talonflame Oblivion Wing! He totally needs a buff after the (Justifiable) Gale Wings Nerf (That's BS for ya!)

What's next? Combining Arceus', Mewtwo's, Mew's, Rayquaza's (Complete with Dragon Ascent), AND Charizard's movesets?!? Giving Pidgeot Dynamic Punch?! MAKE TOUGH CLAWS BOOST CONTACT MOVES BY 9001%?!?! Seriously, at this point you just want to destroy the Metagame.
What I propose is still in the realm of the sane and I would have given Pidgeot Focus Blast

If GF was really concerned about the metagame they would have actually made Gen 7 pokemon good and not centralized around Tapus and UBs