• ME has two Legendary encounters this week. Watch them here and here.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 226 52.1%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.7%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
Going back on topic for the sake of everyone: does anyone think they didn't put new mega evolutions in SM because they are saving them for the next games? GF must have thought that they couldn't make new mega evolutions every new pair of games that comes out in a gen. Or would mega evolution remain gen 6 exclusive? After all, not all pokemon would get mega evolution.
I personally think that Gamefreak chose not to add more mega evolution to SM so that they could focus on Z moves this time. I enjoy mega evolution, and I hope that they continue creating more. I especially want a mega evolution for Dragonite.

Reaction score
I would like to say it again. I believe the Switch version will focus on Mega's. Crystals from the Kalos game, Necrozma, the rainbow themes, and Dexio all allude to this.

Lol. Looking back pages, I also mentioned a switch version where we start in Kanto (which was brought up in a post about the new movie) and was wondering if I can have my warning points for arguing with Arceus rescinded. Perhaps I'm just ahead of the times on everything, but I'm finding it astounded to read Arceus outlandish comments and people throwing salt at him with no consequences. Even a couple F bombs I've seen. I'm rather confused.

On the bright side, I wonder traded a male Sandalit tonight and received an Adamant Littin, SHINY.

Last edited:
Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
My opinions weren't outlandish but i leave it that. I think trial captain rematches would be a good thing to have in stars.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I hope that they include more noteworthy trainers in the Battle Tree. We have Grimsley for some strange reason, but no one from Johto! So maybe Lance or Clair or Whitney with her Miltank?

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Whitney and her Miltank are a nightmare, but we need some representation from Johto. Clair and Lance would be great choices as well. I think someone like Steven and N should get to make a comeback as well. They've always been pretty well recieved by fans I think.

Reaction score
My opinions weren't outlandish but i leave it that. I think trial captain rematches would be a good thing to have in stars.
They were. In my perception, of course. My frustration is more that I received demerits then watched behavior symbiotic contine from both sides. Feels very selective. We do get trial captain rematches already, just not high leveled.

Driving You Batty
Reaction score
Don't start this up again. Everyone else has already decided to drop it.

Pokemon to discover and Chinese Riddles to solve!
Reaction score
I want more mega evolutions.

I do not want any more mega evolutions for pokemon that are already good, such as Pseudo legendaries or actual legendaries.

I want more of them in the scope of Banette or Sableye's megas which gave them new dynamics to play around with and were on pokemon that were not even close to top tier previously.

Things that I want to get mega evolutions the most right now, partially due to bias and partially due to me believing that they could use a little love from the competitive side of pokemon would be:

Sunflora, Octillery, Castform, Butterfree, Cherrim, Carnivine, Regular-Rotom, Zoroark, Durant, Chimecho

For Castform I would say keep its ability or give it an upgraded version of the gimmick and probably same for Zoroark.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Junichi Masuda Cautious About Bringing The Pokémon Series To The Switch

Stars is fake, now we can bring this discussion to a close.
It dosen't deny or affirm Stars. In fact, it can also be seen as an evidence to Stars.

Interview said:
Without a doubt, the Nintendo Switch is the future, but we’ll have to wait until it comes out on the market and study how Pokémon can benefit from it. When the people have it, we’ll have to see and deeply study how it’s used in order to then think about how the next entries of Pokémon will be and how the saga will be able to benefit from this new console.”
What better way to study Switch sales patterns than to let out a low budget game like Stars out! It'll be a win-win since Stars will have a less development cost, so it wouldn't matter if it sold more or less.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I saw it as anti-Stars because it says that Masuda didn't want to make a game for the Switch until after it releases and he knows how many people will buy it and how it will affect the portable game market.

Here's what he said, in its entirety:
“Communication is very important for Pokémon. Where and how our players play is something crucial. For example, in Japan the kids go play in the park and in each others’ houses, connected by playing their portable consoles. In Japan portable consoles are far from dying, in fact they’re doing better than home consoles. For that reason it’s important that we maintain the best possible communication, the medium that the people use to unite and connect to play.

Without a doubt, the Nintendo Switch is the future, but we’ll have to wait until it comes out on the market and study how Pokémon can benefit from it. When the people have it, we’ll have to see and deeply study how it’s used in order to then think about how the next entries of Pokémon will be and how the saga will be able to benefit from this new console.”

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I saw it as anti-Stars because it says that Masuda didn't want to make a game for the Switch until after it releases and he knows how many people will buy it and how it will affect the portable game market.
But (I think I'm not sure) according to the leaks, Switch would have already launched when they are ready with Stars.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
But (I think I'm not sure) according to the leaks, Switch would have already launched when they are ready with Stars.
It also says that Stars was in development alongside SM, hence what was shown in the official reveal trailer.

Toyosatomimi no Miko fangirl
Reaction score
Again, Masuda isn't allowed to talk about it or imply it's a thing before an official announcement.

Words have to be chosen carefully when asked about unconfirmed games, leaking = trouble.

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score

Here's what he said, in its entirety:
“Communication is very important for Pokémon. Where and how our players play is something crucial. For example, in Japan the kids go play in the park and in each others’ houses, connected by playing their portable consoles. In Japan portable consoles are far from dying, in fact they’re doing better than home consoles. For that reason it’s important that we maintain the best possible communication, the medium that the people use to unite and connect to play.

That could easily be taken to mean that they want to use a third version of Pokémon Sun and Moon in order to test our how people will use the Switch with Pokémon. The only way Gamefreak can test out the Switch is by creating games for it. every game is different and it doesn't matter how long they sit and watch how it is used and how they think they can benefit, their biggest advantage is to use an actual game to test the Switch for future games.

This interview confirms nothing, so you should be stating Stars is fake until it is actually confirmed.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
It gives off the message that there is no Switch game in development right now. The earliest one can come out is 2018.

Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
Masuda said they aren´t developing ANYTHING for the Switch YET. People can try to twist his words if they want to, but the fact remains: Masuda just confirmed they are not developing anything for the Switch yet, which can only mean 2 things:

a) Masuda is not saying the truth, they ARE developing Stars, and have been developing it with SM.
b) Eurogamer and LKD flopped really badly.

Those are the only real options. "Masuda meant they will make a third version to try out the Switch" is NOT an option. That is not what he said in that Spanish interview.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Masuda said they aren´t developing ANYTHING for the Switch YET. People can try to twist his words if they want to, but the fact remains: Masuda just confirmed they are not developing anything for the Switch yet, which can only mean 2 things:

a) Masuda is not saying the truth, they ARE developing Stars, and have been developing it with SM.
b) Eurogamer and LKD flopped really badly.

Those are the only real options. "Masuda meant they will make a third version to try out the Switch" is NOT an option. That is not what he said in that Spanish interview.
You're absolutely correct. It's either Masuda is lying or Eurogamer and LD flopped very badly. Considering the latter's track record, this would be surprising.

Goddess
Reaction score
You're relying on a Reddit user's translation as source from a site called 'mynintendonews' which doesnt have contact details and says 'tracking the hottest news'

Seems way too farfetched to believe that this is a legit source..

This is a massive reach.

Pokémon Expert
Reaction score
I read the complete Spanish interview on MeriStation´s official website. This is literally what Masuda says.

Denial won´t help your case, guys. Masuda indirectly contradicted Eurogamer´s leak. The translation is correct. Either Masuda is hiding information from us, or Eurogamer flopped tremendously.

Last edited: