• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 226 52.1%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.7%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
THE Pokemon Master
Reaction score
Did you actually read the interview? they never mentioned there being or not being a pokemon game in the works, so they didn't need to (or rather couldn't) lie.

all the stuff they talked about is just more info to work with, no confirmation ofc.
I've read it and yes I realize they didn't explicitly say that they weren't making a game for the Switch, but people seem to have looked to this article to try and discredit the Stars rumor. I won't say that Stars is 100% real as at this point who really knows, but all I was saying is that them saying that they need to look at the market means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Games don't just get made over the span of a few months. If they're planning a new game for the Switch it'll have already been put into development at this point. It's likely a new game is coming out next year in general. That much while not certain, can be agreed. As far as it being on the 3DS or Switch I'd say I would align more with the Switch than 3DS. The 3DS is hitting it's limits and would offer them no technological reason to make another game that would look exactly the same (grpahics wise) on it. Anyway....I honestly didn't mean to write a paragraph here....My mind just goes sometimes and gets away from me...Sorry about that lol

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
If nothing is released for the Switch, I'd say the next game is either a set of sequels or even less like a third version. Even less likely would be downloadable content - which the games seem to have been setup perfectly for.

As much as I'd like to have D&P remakes, I don't see them happening on the 3DS, I'd say the odds of that are very close to zero.

Reaction score
I feel the only way to truly test the market and how PKMN work on Switch is by releasing something, then deciding whether or not more will be considered in the future. PKMN is easily the best selling mobile game anyone has, so I'm finding it difficult to imagine gauging the interest and longevity without releasing a PKMN game.

Pokemon to discover and Chinese Riddles to solve!
Reaction score
This is a good point people kinda never factored into previous debates:

Nintendo can afford to have a kinda iffy Nintedo Switch pokemon game in terms of sales, they are a huge company and the potential profits outweigh the potential loses, either way Nintendo will make a profit off the pokemon game because of the fanbase alone, the only thing that would ever change is how much of a profit they make, which will determine if future games come to Switch.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Nintendo can survive for several years, but their sales aren't what they've been hoping for. They do need some good titles on the Switch to boost the sales of that console, especially at launch.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Pokemon shouldn't be on the Switch for a while. Releasing a Switch game now could be costly, especially in the sales department. Too few people will buy it.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Pokemon shouldn't be on the Switch for a while. Releasing a Switch game now could be costly, especially in the sales department. Too few people will buy it.
Since I'm tired of repeating the same thing over and over again to you, I'll just copy-paste a previous post of mine which clearly explains the benefits.

"
GF can endure lower Sales for Stars, so that we get a more polished Gen VIII, and Stars can be potentially a way to avoid another XY Complaints scenario. So, they're making a low-selling Pokemon game (whose cost price will be low, since a port (as some Stars Opposers have said that Stars is simply a port of SM) has a low cost price, so that's a deal-deal. Remember- Stars will be boosting the sales of Gen VIII by the way of a larger Switch fan base on the Switch."

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Since I'm tired of repeating the same thing over and over again to you, I'll just copy-paste a previous post of mine which clearly explains the benefits.

"
GF can endure lower Sales for Stars, so that we get a more polished Gen VIII, and Stars can be potentially a way to avoid another XY Complaints scenario. So, they're making a low-selling Pokemon game (whose cost price will be low, since a port (as some Stars Opposers have said that Stars is simply a port of SM) has a low cost price, so that's a deal-deal. Remember- Stars will be boosting the sales of Gen VIII by the way of a larger Switch fan base on the Switch."
It won't. The costs outweigh the benefits. Stars will only get the usual sales of third versions, or maybe less. It will also create a massive compatibility issue, given that the Switch isn't backwards compatible with the 3DS.

Last edited:
Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Guys, let's just agree to disagree. This didn't get us anywhere last time. It will just be the same again. >_<

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
We have gone almost 2 weeks without an argument over which console Stars should be on or whether its real or fake....Please, just please no more arguments that go around in circles like these ones.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Eurogamer seems to think its not likely, but I'd love to see more new Pokemon for Gen VII. I was pretty disappointed that we got less than 100 again, though if the rumor does come true, it makes me question why they didn't bother to add them in Sun and Moon.

Introducing a few more new Pokemon mid gen is not too outlandish and impossible though. I mean, we have seen things like Kyurem getting new forms in the sequels and we did get new Megas in ORAS, so I don't think new Pokemon is impossible.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Eurogamer seems to think its not likely, but I'd love to see more new Pokemon for Gen VII. I was pretty disappointed that we got less than 100 again, though if the rumor does come true, it makes me question why they didn't bother to add them in Sun and Moon.

Introducing a few more new Pokemon mid gen is not too outlandish and impossible though. I mean, we have seen things like Kyurem getting new forms in the sequels and we did get new Megas in ORAS, so I don't think new Pokemon is impossible.
I agree completely. I feel like we will definitely get a few new PKMN. I guess the question becomes if this title will be a sequel or a third version. If a third version, I'd expect pat with exclusive lists we have now.

Memeber
Reaction score
Okay I'm gonna be skeptical about this for a few reasons. The first of which being that I don't think Game Freak would risk pissing off the fanbase by adding new pokemon that they cannot catch in Sun and Moon (Precedent, when OrAs came out there is no update for X/Y to add the new megas), the 2nd possible reason would be Marshadow. With that said I can see something similar to the cited example.
  • New Alolan forms. Older Pokemon get new regional variants
  • New Mega-Evolutions. In this case its exactly like Or/As
  • Not new pokemon in general, but Pokemon new to the region of Alola. Like how most third versions and BW2 operated.
The first teo would allow them to get away with adding new pokemon without messing with dex completionists because the base form is still possible to get to Sun and Moon (or to Sun and Moon), the last is just a semantic point that allows Dex Completionists a way to complete the national dex without the need for bank and old games. Soemthing the franchise does for every other generation so far.

Reaction score
Okay I'm gonna be skeptical about this for a few reasons. The first of which being that I don't think Game Freak would risk pissing off the fanbase by adding new pokemon that they cannot catch in Sun and Moon (Precedent, when OrAs came out there is no update for X/Y to add the new megas), the 2nd possible reason would be Marshadow. With that said I can see something similar to the cited example.
  • New Alolan forms. Older Pokemon get new regional variants
  • New Mega-Evolutions. In this case its exactly like Or/As
  • Not new pokemon in general, but Pokemon new to the region of Alola. Like how most third versions and BW2 operated.
The first teo would allow them to get away with adding new pokemon without messing with dex completionists because the base form is still possible to get to Sun and Moon (or to Sun and Moon), the last is just a semantic point that allows Dex Completionists a way to complete the national dex without the need for bank and old games. Soemthing the franchise does for every other generation so far.
But what if it's only a few, with two new PKMN, a two stage Alolan line (Dodrio?), and two UB. Then a few exclusive preexisting Mon.

I do honestly feel it will be just a hunk of new Alolan forms. The Dex numbers point to the latter.

"You can order me around and I'll disappoint you!"
Reaction score