• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I'm sorry Stars supporters, but if the game is real, you'll have to kiss competitive Pokemon goodbye. You have to pay a fee in order to use online modes and tournaments will now have a $299 plus $40-60 entry fee.
Sorry Riley, but no, that's wrong.

1) The 3DS initially sold for $250. The Switch is only $50 more, which in terms of console sales, isn't too big a deal.

2) Like others said, not only do we not know how pricey online play is, but there's no guarantee the rumored Stars would even be under the stipulation for online play. And if it is, it likely won't stop people.

3) You make it sound like people have to pay about $350 every time they enter a tournament minus the actual tournament fee and travel expenses which already existed. You're only going to have to pay that once, like all the other times before.

Why are people still complaining that they cannot live on with their 3DS for an eternity

Eventually Nintendo is gonna have a new platform that they will put games on, and the price for the switch is reasonable, plus we are lucky that the new Sun and Moon games where not strictly locked to New 3DS only, they coulda done that but they didn't.

We have had the 3DS for sooo long now, its had 3 main games series on it so far which is exactly the same amount that the DS had (DPP / HGSS / BW(2))
I honestly think we are lucky we have gotten so many quality games on the 3DS so far.

Well, my theory on the next game being a Mega focused game took a hit, as Srrebii just posted about the distribution process for the remaining Mega Stones. They will be entry prizes for online tournaments, starting with Beedrillite and Mawilite at the end of February.

Also, Serebii must get most of this info in advance based on there PKMN of the week section. They did Vivillion right before they announced the bank update, and just did Mega Mawile like two days before this announcement.

Well, my theory on the next game being a Mega focused game took a hit, as Srrebii just posted about the distribution process for the remaining Mega Stones. They will be entry prizes for online tournaments, starting with Beedrillite and Mawilite at the end of February.
That seems like a really silly way to distribute them, even more so than the Battle Tree. What are people supposed to do if they miss them?
Also, Serebii must get most of this info in advance based on there PKMN of the week section. They did Vivillion right before they announced the bank update, and just did Mega Mawile like two days before this announcement.
What's Vivillion's connection to Pokemon Bank?

That seems like a really silly way to distribute them, even more so than the Battle Tree. What are people supposed to do if they miss them?

What's Vivillion's connection to Pokemon Bank?
My speculation was it's pattern is supposed to change based on area, and it was the only PKMN used in that section that was unobtainable until the bank update went live. We got the update the same week Vivillion was featured. Really, it could have been any non Alola Dex mon. Just seems too coincidental for both it and Mawile with the updates that followed.

There are five hundred Pokemon not in the Alola Pokedex, compared to the 302 that are. It seems like that's a bit of a reach, especially when Vivillion's pattern changes based on real-world locations, not in-game.

There are five hundred Pokemon not in the Alola Pokedex, compared to the 302 that are. It seems like that's a bit of a reach, especially when Vivillion's pattern changes based on real-world locations, not in-game.
Either way, it was still the first one. Was Mawile a coincidence then?

Either way, it was still the first one. Was Mawile a coincidence then?
My point is that "not being in the Alola Pokedex" is a trait that's really quite widespread. Vivillion isn't really a Pokemon someone would look at and think "Oh, they must be talking about all the Pokemon that aren't in Alola" or "Oh, they're talking about a place to store and transfer Pokemon". There's plenty of better options that could have been chosen. (For example, why not feature Meowth's regular form? It's a form of a Pokemon that can't be obtained outside of bank, it's featured in the player's home, and it has a coin on its head-there's a perfect opportunity for a joke about the name)

I didn't say anything about Mawile being a coincidence, but yes, I think that's the more likely option. Which makes more sense-Serebii somehow has secret information leaked to them and wants to hint at it, but not reveal it, or the Pokemon of the Week feature had a coincidence?

I know Merrick was quoted as saying he would not cover the datamines on the site due to getting a warning from GF during Gen 7. Said consequence would be they would no longer get exclusive information.

Why does it matter if Serebii knows about an event in advance?

He was flat out wrong about the 2016 game (expecting a Kalos return) even days prior to the reveal, and at no point did he provide exclusive information for Sun and Moon.

Just thinking maybe the movie this year will give us some things to rely on if we get a tease of it next month on corocoro

possibly however I doubt anything needs to be shown from a new game considering we haven't seen a single poke in a movie other than Magearna, and that was the first poke we saw.

We still need a Necrozma, Solgaleo / Lunala and Marshadow film tbh#

Edit: On second thought there is likely to be a solgaleo / Lunala + Necrozma film AND a Marshadow + Tie in new 8.5/9th gen poke film.

Last edited:
Not really. Those Pokemon could and should just be featured in the anime.
Every pokemon (Except Ho-Oh because of the fact it may be related to a world-war) that is legendary has gotten a part in a film, I doubt that's gonna change for the most part pal.

Every pokemon (Except Ho-Oh because of the fact it may be related to a world-war) that is legendary has gotten a part in a film, I doubt that's gonna change for the most part pal.
After the declining box office numbers since 2011, they would be wise to stick to the shake up they're going for this year.

If something stops working as well as it did years ago, you change it. Pal.

And what the hell are you on about Ho-Oh and a world war?

Last edited:
After the declining box office numbers since 2011, they would be wise to stick to the shake up they're going for this year.

If something keeps working as well as it did years ago, you change it. Pal.

And what the hell are you on about Ho-Oh and a world war?

Google why Ho-Oh hasn't gotten a film or been IN a film yet yourself, theres tons of stuff to it, the whole thing is possibly an allusion to nuclear bombings

I see absolutely nothing on Google. And this is as good a thread as any to be vigilant about trusting anything you read on the Internet.

Ho-Oh is the most likely legendary to appear in this year's movie, by the way. It is on the poster.

I am aware of that, but its been a very long time since gold / silver, the main reasons that people believe there to be a cause for Ho-Oh not getting any screen time are:

1: It is the only legendary that didn't get a place in a movie, even as a cameo until now the 20th aniversary.

2: it is associated with many areas that have been burned down as well as ressurecting those who died in the fires which some people believe to be referencing the nuclear bomb memorials

Its honestly just one thought people have made, and its something that people in the west aren't really aware of but people in japan have made the connection before and that is SUPPOSEDLY why Ho-Oh didn't get a film, or even a cameo.
Makes sense that google wouldn't get much if its only really ever talked about in japanese websites perhaps.

If Ho-Oh can appear in the anime and in Generations (complete with burning tower and resurrection action), I don't see much of a reason why it couldn't be in a film. I think the reasons for it not being in any thus far simply come down to creative decisions and/or production issues.

Good lord, this fandom and its conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom