• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Okay, a potentially fake item that I just made up am posting here:

Gen 8 is going to be set in South America, maybe Brazil or Chile. You will spent a lot of time delving into ancient ruins and fighting those who want to despoil the rain forest. Plant-types might be featured heavily, due to the environment.

Now watch this turn out to be accurate.

If Ho-Oh can appear in the anime and in Generations (complete with burning tower and resurrection action), I don't see much of a reason why it couldn't be in a film. I think the reasons for it not being in any thus far simply come down to creative decisions and/or production issues.

Good lord, this fandom and its conspiracy theories.
Matoka is right.
A lot of Japanese people do connect Ho-Oh with the nuclear bombs, that's why they are theorizing it to be the reason for not having a movie.
Whilst we are uncertain whether this is the true reason for Ho-Oh to not appear in a movie, you can't deny that Japanese people are associating Ho-Oh with nuclear bombings.
I've made a video on Youtube to try to make Western fans know about this, but it seems that people aren't interested at it or something... or maybe I just didn't explain it well enough. I don't know.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG62sBaapMc
and I suppose Matoka meant google in Japanese rather than in English because you aren't going to find a thing in English.

I'd argue that Generations are different from movies. Generation isn't even broadcasted on a proper TV show or anything.
Same with how Pokemon The Origins actually had black Jynx in the champion room-- they know that it's not a broadcasted medium.

Last edited:
Matoka is right.
A lot of Japanese people do connect Ho-Oh with the nuclear bombs, that's why they are theorizing it to be the reason for not having a movie.
Whilst we are uncertain whether this is the true reason for Ho-Oh to not appear in a movie, you can't deny that Japanese people are associating Ho-Oh with nuclear bombings.
I've made a video on Youtube to try to make Western fans know about this, but it seems that people aren't interested at it or something... or maybe I just didn't explain it well enough. I don't know.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG62sBaapMc
and I suppose Matoka meant google in Japanese rather than in English because you aren't going to find a thing in English.

I'd argue that Generations are different from movies. Generation isn't even broadcasted on a proper TV show or anything.
Same with how Pokemon The Origins actually had black Jynx in the champion room-- they know that it's not a broadcasted medium.

This argument makes no sense. Why is it perfectly fine for Ho-Oh to appear in the tv series but not a film? What difference does it make?

I don't even understand why Ho-Oh is associated with burning towers or 'nuclear bombings'. In the games, the tower burnt down due to lightning striking it. In the anime, it says it was burnt down because of the war, although I don't recall Ho-Oh being the one to actually burn it down to stop the war (somebody correct me if this is incorrect). However, even if the anime did have it so that Ho-Oh burnt down the tower, then why is Ho-Oh still able to appear in the anime series as well as the opening for several films, bot not in an actual film?

This argument makes no sense. Why is it perfectly fine for Ho-Oh to appear in the tv series but not a film? What difference does it make?

I don't even understand why Ho-Oh is associated with burning towers or 'nuclear bombings'. In the games, the tower burnt down due to lightning striking it. In the anime, it says it was burnt down because of the war, although I don't recall Ho-Oh being the one to actually burn it down to stop the war (somebody correct me if this is incorrect). However, even if the anime did have it so that Ho-Oh burnt down the tower, then why is Ho-Oh still able to appear in the anime series as well as the opening for several films, bot not in an actual film?

A film draws way more attention from the general public than the TV series. At least in Japan.
Because parents have to take little kids to the cinema, and the parents watch the movie with the kids.
IN JAPAN.

Perhaps it's just cultural gap, or perhaps maybe average Westerners know way less about Japan than my estimations/ expectation.

My point is, a lot of Japanese people are thinking in this direction, so it's not just 1 or 2 stupid people acting like overly sensitive spoiled people or so.
This is not fake or anything.

But as I've said, it is uncertain that whether this is the true reason for Ho-Oh to not be in a film.

Perhaps it's just cultural gap, or perhaps maybe average Westerners know way less about Japan than my estimations/ expectation.

I would say it's both. Despite their long-term alliance, one thing I've found is that Japanese and Americans generally know very little about each other these days. This is actually beginning to create friction in some areas, due to how vastly different the two cultures are beneath their surfaces.

Mew transformed into Ho-Oh in Movie 8 in the specific context of stopping a war... Why use that imagery if there were any merit to the controversy?

Just because a controversy lacks merit does not mean it is going to be in any way dropped by the public. Sometimes, despite the controversy having no merit at all, you still have to deal with it and adapt to it because the existence of it does impact your revenue stream.

Just because a controversy lacks merit does not mean it is going to be in any way dropped by the public. Sometimes, despite the controversy having no merit at all, you still have to deal with it and adapt to it because the existence of it does impact your revenue stream.
The public being the Pixiv community?

It seems to be in this year's movie, so... We aren't dealing with a Porygon controversy here.

Still, I'm glad I watched the video because the Phoenix manga looks really cool.

The public being the Pixiv community?

It seems to be in this year's movie, so... We aren't dealing with a Porygon controversy here.

Still, I'm glad I watched the video because the Phoenix manga looks really cool.
Pixiv dictionary isn't necessarily the Pixiv community... it records many important events from other forums as long as they are significant enough to be included.
Plus, Pixiv community itself is a large community.

Ho-Oh probably will just fly pass once, or a few times in flashbacks.
Rather than having actual battles.

Ho-Oh probably will just fly pass once, or a few times in flashbacks.
Rather than having actual battles.
As long as it appears for at least 10 minutes and gets exposition, I don't see the problem.

But I'm sure that the movie producers will ask for Pixiv's approval before they make the final decision.

As long as it appears for at least 10 minutes and gets exposition, I don't see the problem.

But I'm sure that the movie producers will ask for Pixiv's approval before they make the final decision.
I think the marketing department handles this, rather than the producers visiting Pixiv themselves.
But you'll never know.
The Pokemon staff seems to pay very close attention to what's going on the internet, really.
For example, Junichi Masuda actually knows and talks to English PokeTubers.
I've seen him chatting with Tamashii Hirouka in Japanese and thanking her efforts. And it wasn't just general thanks that can be applied to just anyone. It was very personalized, as if he knew a lot about Tamashii.
Even insignificant people like me have been thanked by Junichi Masuda for putting effort into the Pokemon community, and it was personalized. He thanked me for constantly making "nice" Pokemon crafts.
So he does remember us-- he remembers what we've done. He probably has a list of us somewhere.

Then you have another thing-- actual Pokemon staffs are known to visit PokeBeach.com and any large sites.
Even sites that don't seem to be as large-- like Hong Kong Pokemon Alliance-- actual Pokemon staff do take photos and record us in their list.
We've been told that actual Pokemon staff collect our photos in a file and they even showed us their collection of our photos.

So, to wrap up, The Pokemon Company actually assign staff members to keep track of what's on the internet, and may report to Junichi Masuda.
Junichi Masuda himself also pays a lot of attention of what's going on on the internet.
So naturally, what happens on Pixiv would actually be known to Pokemon staff.

Please. They are not going to base their decision on what some of their fans perceive as the reason for Ho-Oh not appearing in a movie yet. That would be one hell of a vicious cycle.

I highly doubt that anyone would be offended by Ho-Oh's inclusion in a movie. If I'm wrong, then I fear for humanity's average IQ.

Please. They are not going to base their decision on what some of their fans perceive as the reason for Ho-Oh not appearing in a movie yet. That would be one hell of a vicious cycle.

I highly doubt that anyone would be offended by Ho-Oh's inclusion in a movie. If I'm wrong, then I fear for humanity's average IQ.
Rather than it's humanity's average IQ, it's more to do with how little you know about Japan and how little you understand the Japanese people.

Rather than it's humanity's average IQ, it's more to do with how little you know about Japan and how little you understand the Japanese people.
Sure thing. I just checked Ho-Oh's Pixiv page and the only thing that comes close to your rumor is the mention of some people being disappointed by its absence from the movies, while others appreciate its mystery.

Cite your sources properly, please. And keep the condescending remarks to yourself.

Sure thing. I just checked Ho-Oh's Pixiv page and the only thing that comes close to your rumor is the mention of some people being disappointed by its absence from the movies, while others appreciate its mystery.

Cite your sources properly, please. And keep the condescending remarks to yourself.
My sources are properly cited.
It was on the Pixiv dictionary, but not on the Ho-Oh page.
You are the one to blame for not searching properly.
The proper URL is in the picture below.

You are again and again in denial to facts presented towards you every time the facts do not meet your expectations.

You just love to view Japan from an American perspective and deny everything that doesn't meet your expectation.
You just need to realise that Japan is not something you can understand from an American perspective.

pixiv dictionary ho oh.png

A film draws way more attention from the general public than the TV series. At least in Japan.
Because parents have to take little kids to the cinema, and the parents watch the movie with the kids.
IN JAPAN.

My point is, a lot of Japanese people are thinking in this direction, so it's not just 1 or 2 stupid people acting like overly sensitive spoiled people or so.
This is not fake or anything.

But as I've said, it is uncertain that whether this is the true reason for Ho-Oh to not be in a film.

A film doesn't really draw that much more attention than the tv show that the film is based off. An animated film isn't really any different than the animated tv series, whether it is shown in cinema or on television.

This also doesn't explain why Japan would change the anime's events from the games to Ho-Oh creating the fire that burnt the tower, if there is the issue that Ho-Oh may be identified with nuclear bombings. In the games, the tower burnt down due to lightning striking it. Why would they change that if there was this amount of potential for controversy? And why show Ho-Oh at all during openings for plenty of other Pokémon films if he has that much controversy?

An image is not a proper source. It would make everyone's lives easier if you could just post the URL directly, which shouldn't be hard for you if you know Japanese.

Also, I am not an American. Thanks for labeling me.

Last edited:
Oh hail glorious URL that actually exists.
I was obviously testing your Japanese previously, but you've definitely failed.
ポケモンシリーズの都市伝説一覧

This also doesn't explain why Japan would change the anime's events from the games to Ho-Oh creating the fire that burnt the tower, if there is the issue that Ho-Oh may be identified with nuclear bombings. In the games, the tower burnt down due to lightning striking it. Why would they change that if there was this amount of potential for controversy? And why show Ho-Oh at all during openings for plenty of other Pokémon films if he has that much controversy?
I never said that this is the true reason why.
I'm saying that a lot of Japanese people are offended which MAY BE why Ho-Oh doesn't have a movie unlike Lugia.

Back
Top Bottom