• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Well, nice to have that over with quickly. I really wasn't a fan of the leaked dex myself.

That new fish line looks a lot like what I would have thought Peskool from the dex list would be. If it wasn't for the sandcastle and the Bewear pre-evo the list would have had a bit of credibility.

Yeah, thought would have been quite the coincidence.

I have to say though that I'm really curious to see how that Pokemon will work (presumably with its ability). I've always thought it would be cool if there were like a Bug/Psychic type Pokemon based on a swarm that played with the idea of a hive mind and that acted as one. A Pokemon based on a school of fish is pretty neat parallel idea to that I think. A bit surprised it isn't part psychic though.

Overall though, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that the dex leak isn't real if I'm honest. Mostly because I'm expecting fewer than 100 new Pokemon in reality, but also because of the surplus of cool new type combos (especially grass/fire)that we may not be getting.

I hit the Team Skull, because I got some ambiguous information from an insider.

Insider is always refreshing threads called "pokemon hint thread" in a chinese forum, which is the same forum where THE famous "chinese leak" appeared.
The insider is not the same guy of "chinese leak".

Leaking information directly is risky, if this guy is a member of any GF-related team.
So the insider released information in the form of riddles.
I will call the insider "Riddler" below.

Some proofs of Riddler:
  • Posted subspecies fanart and hinted it as one of largest topic of this gen --- Alolan forme confirmed
  • Posted a Litleo and a Zubat together as the hint of new pokemon in April 20th --- mascot Sogaleo and Lunala confirmed
  • Posted a picture of a Pikachu inside tablecloth in March --- Mimikyu confirmed
  • Said owl, cat and sea lion as starters in April 20th --- confirmed
  • Posted a cloth on which skeleton is printed and said "related to villain team" --- Tean Skull confirmed
  • Posted a pic, which is merged from two pics of a shovel and sand --- Sandcastle pokemon confirmed

Something to be confirmed soon:
  • Posted a pic of statue of Aristotle --------- maybe a pokemon related to statue or the theories of Aristotle?
  • Posted a pic, which is merged from two pics of rock-paper-scissors game and bloody organs ---- not sure what will this pokemon be

The above two are explicit hints.
He also posted some implicit hints as ambiguous as "beware of leaks". These kinds of hints are difficult to catch. We didn't understand these until official announcement.

I think I post this so late. Only two explicit riddles remain unsolved.
What the Riddler leaked is 100% real imo. Just hard to understand what is behind the riddles.
statue of Aristotle and r-p-s + organs
Let's see.

Last edited:
@Pokesan Earlier in the thread you posted another "leak" that also included a "shovel" and "rock paper scissors" is that post any relation to this information?

@Pokesan Earlier in the thread you posted another "leak" that also included a "shovel" and "rock paper scissors" is that post any relation to this information?

That one is from reddit.
Maybe related
In that one 3 pokemon are based on rock paper scissors, but this it's only one pokemon based on these three elements.
Still some difference.

I believe The chinese forum riddler one is confidental.

Maybe the reddit one is kinda twisted version of it from same/other sources.

Reactions: Zeb
Related pics of Riddler's leak here.

One of proofs:
Noi0WUe.png

Some riddles pic:
308645850575739407.jpg

No.2 shovel and beach
No.4 pikachu in tablecloth
No.13 rock-paper-scisscors + organs
No.11 It seems it's the statue of Galileo not Aristotle...not sure

For other numbers, some are placeholders, some are solved riddles.

Last edited:
I hit the Team Skull, because I got some ambiguous information from an insider.

Insider is always refreshing threads called "pokemon hint thread" in a chinese forum, which is the same forum where THE famous "chinese leak" appeared.
The insider is not the same guy of "chinese leak".

Leaking information directly is risky, if this guy is a member of any GF-related team.
So the insider released information in the form of riddles.
I will call the insider "Riddler" below.

Some proofs of Riddler:
  • Posted subspecies fanart and hinted it as one of largest topic of this gen --- Alolan forme confirmed
  • Posted a Litleo and a Zubat together as the hint of new pokemon in April 20th --- mascot Sogaleo and Lunala confirmed
  • Posted a picture of a Pikachu inside tablecloth in March --- Mimikyu confirmed
  • Said owl, cat and sea lion as starters in April 20th --- confirmed
  • Posted a cloth on which skeleton is printed and said "related to villain team" --- Tean Skull confirmed
  • Posted a pic, which is merged from two pics of a shovel and sand --- Sandcastle pokemon confirmed

Something to be confirmed soon:
  • Posted a pic of statue of Aristotle --------- maybe a pokemon related to statue or the theories of Aristotle?
  • Posted a pic, which is merged from two pics of rock-paper-scissors game and bloody organs ---- not sure what will this pokemon be

The above two are explicit hints.
He also posted some implicit hints as ambiguous as "beware of leaks". These kinds of hints are difficult to catch. We didn't understand these until official announcement.

I think I post this so late. Only two explicit riddles remained.
What the Riddler leaked is 100% real imo. Just hard to understand what is behind the riddles.
statue of Aristotle and r-p-s + organs
Let's see.
This might sound dumb but maybe the bloody organ and Rock-Paper-Scissors has something to do with Marshadow since the original Chinese leak stated that it had a "very" unique typing .
Moreover looking up Mar it seems to mean to inflict serious bodily harm on, destroy, or even disfigure

That's very interesting. Unfortunately there's no way to know for sure what these riddles could mean. We can only make wild guesses until they're officially unveiled.

Maybe the statue hint isn't really about Aristotle? What if it's something more direct like a statue Pokemon?

The rock-paper-scissor hint could be related to the starters since their types represent a rock-paper-scissor-like matchup. Perhaps the organs are supposed to hint their secret?

This might sound dumb but maybe the bloody organ and Rock-Paper-Scissors has something to do with Marshadow since the original Chinese leak stated that it had a "very" unique typing .
Moreover looking up Mar it seems to mean to inflict serious bodily harm on, destroy, or even disfigure

In the riddle pic, Marshadow is No.7, which is independent from No.13 r-p-s + organs.
It seems no relationship is between them.

I'm kindof glad that the "leaked" fake dex is returning. It had some really cool ideas in it, and I would have been okay with it being real, but...leaking the full new Pokedex this early on before the game's release is a massive spoiler, so...I'm glad GF were able to disprove the rumour.

I actually got hyped thinking the PokeDex leak was real...when I first saw the scans, I thought the sandcastles were supposed to be Softle and Panquake from the leak (I remembered the names and they were part-Ground, but forgot the full Type), but that turned out wrong.

Oh well, that just means more surprises! Also yet another batch of Pokemon and still no dolphin/snowman/mushroom/rugby gorilla/or sea cucumber from the Chinese leak.

Back
Top Bottom