• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Since this is a Japanese kids series I imagine "Giga" is probably the unit and not the Japanese word "giga" (cartoon, caricature) since they love cool English words, but the "reki" part I'm pretty sure is basically like "history".

Now taken at face value putting those parts together it sounds like it'd be a "History of the Anime" book or something, but I don't think they'd trademark something like that.

Good guess. Hopefully they do something like Hyrule Historia for pokemon which would include details about the past twenty years in their company, and just maybe they might include information about the anime as well. I prefer just the game trivia however.

You know, unless there's pictures like there were with Wottergate, why even take 4chan leaks worth a grain of salt. Hell, even if the leak did have pictures it should still be considered fake until proven real like Hawlucha and, again, Wottergate. 4chan is never a reputable source even if things later turn out to be true later on mostly because they're only right less than 5% of the time.

Also, if that leak from a few pages back was real, why would they have another grass sheep? We already have Cottonee, Whimsicott, and the grass goats that literally just came out a generation ago. Not to mention the cries of "where's the dolphin, gamefreak?". The gnome still sounds cool though.

http://i.imgur.com/Fhhyyt9.jpg
Rowlet Final Evo
http://i.imgur.com/gUvIkgb.jpg
Litten Final Evo
http://i.imgur.com/SxtQah3.jpg
Popplio Final Evo.
So fake, yet soooo goood. I mean, right after the image files were found in the site, hey look, anthropomorphic owl, a fire panther that is pure fire type looking and a Water/Fighting juggernaut clow are the final evos. I dunno about that Litten Final Stage but that final popplio is pure gamefreak.

Those are terrifying.

The only one I like is the Litten evo. The Popplio and Rowlet are freaking me out. Seriously, Rowlet's looks like some creepy stalker dude and Popplio has something like a Joker smile; it's like the two of them want to gang up and kill somebody.

The Litten one has a nice panther vibe. I dig that.

I can get behind the Litten final depicted here, it's a bit of a simple design, but I can at least get behind it. The Rowlet final is interesting, though it just doesn't seem very Pokemon-like to me, it seems more like something you'd see out of a typical JRPG like Dragon Quest than it does anything from Pokemon. The Popplio final? No, just no, it just seems so creepy with that face and that smile, and it would probably terrify any kids and first-time players who choose Popplio for their starter, and this is coming from a person who thinks Watchog is cute. I mean, if that's going to be our sea lion starter final this generation, then I'm sticking with Samurott.

I can get behind the Litten final depicted here, it's a bit of a simple design, but I can at least get behind it. The Rowlet final is interesting, though it just doesn't seem very Pokemon-like to me, it seems more like something you'd see out of a typical JRPG like Dragon Quest than it does anything from Pokemon. The Popplio final? No, just no, it just seems so creepy with that face and that smile, and it would probably terrify any kids and first-time players who choose Popplio for their starter, and this is coming from a person who thinks Watchog is cute. I mean, if that's going to be our sea lion starter final this generation, then I'm sticking with Samurott.
Meanwhile we have Jynx from generation 1 who's worse.
124Jynx.png
Both Mr.Mime and Exeggutor are weird.
122Mr._Mime.png

103Exeggutor.png
Every generation has their weird/ugly Pokemon. I don't think that kids and new players would freak out, throw their their 3DS across the room, and run away screaming/crying as soon as they see Popplio. Many people loved Tepig because it's cute until they saw Embore. Not a lot of people likes Watchog.

~snip~
Every generation has their weird/ugly Pokemon. I don't think that kids and new players would freak out, throw their their 3DS across the room, and run away screaming/crying as soon as they see Popplio. Many people loved Tepig because it's cute until they saw Embore. Not a lot of people likes Watchog.

But a fully evolved starter? I understand Emboar who actually looks decent despite its flaws, but at least it's not on the same level as that fake Popplio evo.

The Popplio final? No, just no, it just seems so creepy with that face and that smile, and it would probably terrify any kids and first-time players who choose Popplio for their starter, and this is coming from a person who thinks Watchog is cute. I mean, if that's going to be our sea lion starter final this generation, then I'm sticking with Samurott.

I agree. Fully evolved starters are meant to look cool and impressive, something that makes kids go "wow! [x] looks so cool and strong now!". If Popplio's final form is going to even resemble that...thing, it's not going to have creepy clown makeup. It's going to be a large, imposing sea lion.

New fake leak!

Giancarlo discusses:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjhGOHTdv0Y&feature=youtu.be

I actually disagree with him, and think it's a fair attempt at the Sugimori art style, particular the eyes. (I don't think it's a successful attempt, and the Pokeball is painfully off-model...but it's a fair attempt!)

And yeah, the 3D model looks good, and I kind of wish one of the real female gym leaders would have a hairstyle half that awesome...but making a fake English scan of a Japanese magazine is a little bit of a giveaway haha ;)

New fake leak!

Giancarlo discusses:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjhGOHTdv0Y&feature=youtu.be

I actually disagree with him, and think it's a fair attempt at the Sugimori art style, particular the eyes. (I don't think it's a successful attempt, and the Pokeball is painfully off-model...but it's a fair attempt!)

And yeah, the 3D model looks good, and I kind of wish one of the real female gym leaders would have a hairstyle half that awesome...but making a fake English scan of a Japanese magazine is a little bit of a giveaway haha ;)

That fake scan circulated a few days ago and some YouTubers blew up over it.

http://i.imgur.com/Fhhyyt9.jpg
Rowlet Final Evo
http://i.imgur.com/gUvIkgb.jpg
Litten Final Evo
http://i.imgur.com/SxtQah3.jpg
Popplio Final Evo.
So fake, yet soooo goood. I mean, right after the image files were found in the site, hey look, anthropomorphic owl, a fire panther that is pure fire type looking and a Water/Fighting juggernaut clow are the final evos. I dunno about that Litten Final Stage but that final popplio is pure gamefreak.
I know these are fake, but holy SHIT is that Rowlet evo made of awesome. Litten evo is boring and Popplio is horrifying. Thing is, none of them resemble Sugimori's art style at all, especially since the Gen VII Pokemon we've seen seem to continue the art-style Sugimori's used since BW*. However, if Rowlet's final evo looks even the slightest similar to the fake, it'll be my favorite Grass starter ever.

*I feel that you can sort Pokemon into three different art-styles - "classic" for Gen I and II, "simplified" for Gen III that was mostly abandoned for Gen IV for a bit of a throwback to a more detailed version of "classic," and "modern" from Gen V that continued into Gen VI's designs the same way Gen I and II's Pokemon blend seamlessly together. So far, Magearna, the mascot legends and starters blend into the "modern" aesthetic seamlessly.

Last edited:
See attachment for image.

Interesting little fake scan here I found on Twitter. I quite like the evo designs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 440
Didn't a previous rumor mention that girl with the sunhat seen in the trailer? 0.o

Didn't a previous rumor mention that girl with the sunhat seen in the trailer? 0.o
That's possible, but her hat was actually slightly visible in the first trailer so people have been speculating about that for a while.

Interesting little fake scan here I found on Twitter. I quite like the evo designs.

The Litten evolution looks pretty neat and the Rowlet one is okay, but Popplio's evolution looks pretty bland. It doesn't even look like something Popplio could evolve into. These aren't the worst fake starter evolutions I've seen, but they do seem pretty meh overall.

They're definitely interesting, I like the direction they're taking with Litten, I'm hoping the real thing is similar. Just out of curiosity, what does that scan say the evolutions' names are? I know they're not real, but I want to use them as placeholders in a spreadsheet of mine until the real ones are revealed.

The names in the new fake picture are just the Japanese names of the starters

gt6x9aX.jpg

G47KRnX.jpg

T4oFbgZ.jpg

So these (probably fake) final evolutions popped up.

If they're real, then they look nice imo. Popplio would be very surprising.

I'm not sure which I'd like more. xD

That owl is incredible! Love the makeshift bow and arrow!

Fire/Fighting? rofl

Popplio's is cool too. Different take than most are going for with it which is refreshing and it uses the bubbles as its hair and can change it? Pretty cool.

Okay, my thoughts:
Rowlet: LOVE IT. The idea of an archer owl is pretty epic, and he fits the "fragile speedster" look Greninja had last Gen, and since Greninja is my favorite Water-type Starter, I'd love to see a Grass-type with a similar stat-spread. No real chance of a type-change, since he's pretty obviously Grass/Flying. I'd totally lose my mind if they gave this guy Gale Wings, since a Gale Wings user that's a little less weak to Stealth Rock would be pretty nasty. This guy would almost certainly have a great Speed stat and decent attacking stats, like Greninja. This would be good, since a good speedy Flying-type is something my team lacks. I'm gonna try and think up a name. Hmmm... How about... Arrowl!

Litten: Okay, I would be fine with another Fire/Fighting-type if it looked anything like this guy. I love how his champion belt is what he uses to blast stuff with fire. Of course, I could also see him being Fire/Dark if they went with a "Dirty Fighter" route, and since he spits oil at others, he could make for a pretty good "heel" wrestler. I love the bits of him tossing Machamp around. I can't believe it, guys, he's goin' for the folding chair! I could see him having an ability like Tough Claws just to fit his bruiser-appearance. He's a pretty brutal-looking Starter, so he'd probably have good Attack and decent Defense so he could take a few hits. Let's see, what should this guy be called... Wrestlroar sounds good.

Popplio: Wow, that definitely fills the role of the "Squishy Wizard" Delphox played in Gen VI. I dig it, especially if GF uses its design as an excuse to break tradition and make a Starter with a higher chance of being female :D I also dig how she attacks using shampoo bubbles. It's hilarious and totally out there, which is pretty typical of post-Gen V Game Freak. I can see her being a Water/Fairy, which has only been used once, and a special attacker with that type could be AMAZING. I hope she's real just so I can tell people "TOLD ya Popplio would get a cool final evo!" As for her HA, she could get Magic Bounce. You know, she's a sea lion, they stereotypically bounce things on their noses... She could have good Special Attack and Special Defense. Let's see, what should she be called... Nereilion, perhaps?

I also like how they to continue the "Fighter/Mage/Thief" triad they used in Gen VI. They also fit VERY well into the "modern" Sugimori style I've mentioned.

I really hate to say it, but these are probably going to look better than the real evolutions :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom