• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Is the leak documented somewhere BEFORE today's video?
Getting the English names right might just be because they are the people who upload the videos/ update the sites, etc, ie: not people who know about gameplay.

EDIT : Nevermind, found them.

So we now have 2 leaks that says there are no gyms and 4 leaks of starter finals.

I hope this isn't "collaboration".

Last edited:
Are we even sure it'll be called that in the game? Ash-Greninja seems more like a placeholder name to me.
It specifically takes elements from Satoshi/Ash's design.

And we only recently learned about the orange water shuriken. Ash-Greninja has been about the new design longer than this powered up move.

It specifically takes elements from Satoshi/Ash's design.

And we only recently learned about the orange water shuriken. Ash-Greninja has been about the new design longer than this powered up move.

I'm aware, but I don't see how that confirms it being called that in the games. I mean, is Ash-Greninja an fan term or was that officially called that somewhere?

I'm aware, but I don't see how that confirms it being called that in the games. I mean, is Ash-Greninja an fan term or was that officially called that somewhere?

It is referred to as Ash-Greninja on the merchandise and in its reveal on the official site.

Of course, it doesn't necessarily have to be called by this name in the games, but it would be kind of weird not to.

Oh good. It has made its way to the TCG. It will pair well with my 4 WATER-TYPE Lugias I have.

It's always been about the water veil around its body turning into a giant shuriken made of water. The orange water shuriken just seems to be the culmination of that.

And I maintain that the water veil and powered-up water shuriken are all we need to see in the games. The design itself and shared pain shtick are not what most kids like about it.

Last edited:
I hope this isn't "collaboration".
I highly doubt that, considering there'd be a language barrier between the guy you know and these other "leakers." I personally think they might all be piggybacking on your leak to make theirs seem more realistic. I could be wrong, but I severely doubt a European leaker, two English leakers and a Chinese leaker would be collaborating in some vast conspiracy.

I highly doubt that, considering there'd be a language barrier between the guy you know and these other "leakers." I personally think they might all be piggybacking on your leak to make theirs seem more realistic. I could be wrong, but I severely doubt a European leaker, two English leakers and a Chinese leaker would be collaborating in some vast conspiracy.
Unlikely, but not impossible. Could be 4 guys who knew each other a while ago, one moves to China, and they all get this great idea on how to spread this rumor around.

Unlikely, but not impossible. Could be 4 guys who knew each other a while ago, one moves to China, and they all get this great idea on how to spread this rumor around.
True, anything is possible, but it's still such a remote chance of such a conspiracy that I'd give it a less than 1% chance of happening.

Besides, according to Lavandula/Cresselia~~, speculation/rumors/leaks are controlled VERY tightly on Chinese Pokemon sites.

The thing is though, I distinctly remember that leak from around the time CoroCoro leaked, but before the video was posted showing the Pokemon being groomed in Amie, so besides the actual names of the Pokemon there is that random hint through the Frufrou haircuts in Amie to that. Its mind boggling that they can be so precise in predicting two very real things in one go, cause I don' think anyone predicted either of them.
Anyway, I mostly want it to be true cause if Blue does come back, they kinda need to have him much older due to the placing in the timeline, I mean in XY he was already in College.

Does anyone have a link or a screenshot of the supposed leak that predicted Bewear's and Mimikyu's English names? It's hard to believe something without proof.

Besides at this point it feels like people are just taking a semi-believable rumor, adding their own stuff into it and voila, a new rumor!

Yes, please provide some proof of the rumours/leaks actually being posted if you're going to post them here. The recent Chinese one at least had screenshots of it. No proof of it being said means there's nothing to discuss because you could have dreamt it :p

Proof of the date is vital, too. We still don't know when exactly the Chinese list was posted originally.

Does anyone have a link or a screenshot of the supposed leak that predicted Bewear's and Mimikyu's English names? It's hard to believe something without proof.

Besides at this point it feels like people are just taking a semi-believable rumor, adding their own stuff into it and voila, a new rumor!
Gonna have to do some serious digging but sure.

View: http://m.imgur.com/QIUVxEC,au6DG95,hCf1EQc
It was aftee the vid, but that hint is too much for a coincidence.

Last edited:
Well I went to that url in the screenshot and that thread doesn't contain "Bewear" (or Kiteruguma) at all (I did ctrl + F).

edit: Hm reading it through it seems someone comes in later with "real leaks" and keeps saying "Beware of fake leaks" when asked for the bear's name and that there was a clue in an earlier post (the beware bit probably). Also says it's Bearware at one point though unless that was someone else guessing it.

Last edited:
I made a collage of the posts in question just so it's easier to read and people don't have to read the rest of the mess in that garbage thread. It seems like the "Beware of fake leaks" person came in mid-way through "OPs" thread, so I'm not sure if one post is the OP answering and the other leaker answering at the same time and made a little note next to it.

5dvl4Zt.png

I mean just guessing the name isn't confirmation that this is a real leak, but its hardly an easy name to guess I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom