• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
If I had seen this a month ago I'd say maybe they're onto something, but we already know it's for Z-moves, this seems like a coincidence at best.
How about this, then?

Hydro_Greninja.png

Does anyone know, if Pokemon from past gens, will evolve into their Alolan forms, or past gen forms when brought into Sun/Moon?
For all we know, the Alolan forms might have different evolution methods than the normal ones. If that's the case, ones like Exeggcute might be able to evolve into either or.

Kind of conflicted with the current leak we got. For one I am excited but on the other hand, it kind of took away from tomorrow's news which means nothing new. At least this leak is more legit than those starter evolution leak which I think is fake.

Kind of conflicted with the current leak we got. For one I am excited but on the other hand, it kind of took away from tomorrow's news which means nothing new. At least this leak is more legit than those starter evolution leak which I think is fake.

How can you even deny them at this point? I mean they even have Mallow in them. Plus the Chinese leaks they came with have been predicting stuff left and right. At this point anything they say minus any mistakes is probably true

How can you even deny them at this point? I mean they even have Mallow in them. Plus the Chinese leaks they came with have been predicting stuff left and right. At this point anything they say minus any mistakes is probably true
That character could be a coincidence. I buy the leaks on sites like Serebii more because it was on the main page. The leak with the starter evolutions didn't appear on any site like Serebii so it is likely to not be legit.

OAyuh7b.jpg

Seems to be from some digital image of the new manga---seems to match the style, which we only recently saw.
They could have been made by anyone. Anyone could make something as creative as that.

Plumeria's design looks frickin fantastic! Compared to Guzma who comes off still as a bit lacking, IMO~ Just comes across as an Admin just like Plumeria, not really that intimidating presence we get from the Leaders, TBH~

Hopefully his personality and goals will make up for it~ Reminding myself that he is supposed to be based on a punk so I can't expect him to truly look intimidating, just try-hard intimidating, which he does~

Grunts look alright, remind me of Aqua Grunts~ Not bad~

That character could be a coincidence. I buy the leaks on sites like Serebii more because it was on the main page. The leak with the starter evolutions didn't appear on any site like Serebii so it is likely to not be legit.

Serebii isn't end all be all. He just doesn't like sticking his neck out. I'm sure he's thinking that the leaks are really too, but the video leaks we got today are just more current and are harder to deny than text. That said the Chinese leaks have still very accurately predicted almost everything we've gotten. So I'm not sure what the point of completely writing it off is.......lol

That character could be a coincidence.

Except the chances of a fake artist just happening to draw a character who looks exactly like Mallow, before she was ever revealed, are so small as to be subatomic.

I buy the leaks on sites like Serebii more because it was on the main page. The leak with the starter evolutions didn't appear on any site like Serebii so it is likely to not be legit.

They appear on PokéJungle; in fact, I think they were the first to report them. Serebii received a cease and desist for posting certain leaks back during the Gen V prerelease; he has to be careful about what he shows.

Plumeria's design looks frickin fantastic! Compared to Guzma who comes off still as a bit lacking, IMO~ Just comes across as an Admin just like Plumeria, not really that intimidating presence we get from the Leaders, TBH~

Guzma feels rather laid-back to me, which I like. I think it is a nice change from the usually super-serious villain leaders. Even Archie had a certain intensity to him in Alpha Sapphire, despite his amiable personality.

Last edited:
Uh meet Rowlet's evo???

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-10_20-32-40.png
    upload_2016-8-10_20-32-40.png
    545.1 KB · Views: 45
You know I jumped, that's not the character design from the Rockruff manga.

Except for the fact that Serebii himself has already stated he believes the starter evolution concept art is the real deal (despite not believing them initially). In his own words, they're simply not on his front page because they're easy "cease and desist bait."

The designs were incredibly strong to begin with, but after Mallow's reveal it's completely undeniable.

Serebii isn't end all be all. He just doesn't like sticking his neck out. I'm sure he's thinking that the leaks are really too, but the video leaks we got today are just more current and are harder to deny than text. That said the Chinese leaks have still very accurately predicted almost everything we've gotten. So I'm not sure what the point of completely writing it off is.......lol
They got lucky so far. I doubt everything that the Chinese leak predicts is correct.

Except the chances of a fake artist just happening to draw a character who looks exactly like Mallow, before she was ever revealed, are so small as to be subatomic.

They appear on PokéJungle; in fact, I think they were the first to report them. Serebii received a cease and desist for posting certain leaks back during the Gen V prerelease; he has to be careful about what he shows.
Doesn't matter. I still think that the leak isn't legit. No way the starters evolutions be leaked that early.

Except for the fact that Serebii himself has already stated he believes the starter evolution concept art is the real deal (despite not believing them initially). In his own words, they're simply not on his front page because they're easy "cease and desist bait."

The designs were incredibly strong to begin with, but after Mallow's reveal it's completely undeniable.
People could get it wrong. Leaking all the evolutions of the starters that early is something I can't believe. I rather see the official sites announce the evolutions before believing in them.

I don't know how I feel about Alolan Raichu.... It's just too soft and fluffy and round and cute looking. I was really hoping for something on the sharper cooler side. I also hate the coloring, and the roundness of the tail and ears. IMO. Though I do love Raichu in the first place, and Electric/Psychic sounds like a fantastic typing, so I might consider using it. But right now, I think Vikavolt still owns my Electric slot.

Last edited:
Seems the manga scan is a fake by the Alola Jynx dude. Darn, that's a really good design.

They got lucky so far. I doubt everything that the Chinese leak predicts is correct.

Doesn't matter. I still think that the leak isn't legit. No way the starters evolutions be leaked that early.

People could get it wrong. Leaking all the evolutions of the starters that early is something I can't believe. I rather see the official sites announce the evolutions before believing in them.
The same thing happened in Gen 5 and then again in Gen 6. I can understand waiting for official confirmation but at the same time no random Joe would be able to predict that Mallow was even a thing without having inside info and she's right there with starters evos too.
The leak is too credible to be denied at this point and the only reason some aren't reporting on it more is because they don't want Nintendo to come after them.

Back
Top Bottom