• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
But if they're getting Alolan forms, why bother listing them under Found pokemon instead of just adding the forms to the Regional Variant list? That doesn't make any sense.
We could just be reading too much into this. Let's just wait for more info.

The simple reason why they are showing the first stages is because, like Vulpix and Sandshrew, the whole evolution line is obtaining Alolan forms.

No. Exactly the opposite. They'd make a surprise instead of showing the real forms as pokemon found in alola otherwise. They being all there proves none of them are getting alolan forms at all.

Also corroborated by Team Skull having zubats, wich means in game characters have it as opposed to a stage showcase fight + spearows showing up as WILD pokemon proving they are not getting any either.

And if it's truth that only kanto mons are getting it, zubat would be excluded anyway, otherwise Crobat should get one too, meaning it's not kanto exclusive anymore, through that part waits confirmation.

Could someone point in which trailer does spearow appear as Wild pokémon encounter?
I can't seem to find any other footage with them but the tapu koko cutscene, and that really does not hold up as evidence for 'they are out for alola forms', because:
1.overworld
2.birds migrate

Could someone point in which trailer does spearow appear as Wild pokémon encounter?
I can't seem to find any other footage with them but the tapu koko cutscene, and that really does not hold up as evidence for 'they are out for alola forms', because:
1.overworld
2.birds migrate

Actually I'd say normal Spearow showing up in an Alolan cutscene is much stronger evidence that it doesn't have an Alolan form than any battle footage

Last edited:
Actually I'd say normal Fearow showing up in an Alolan cutscene is much stronger evidence that it doesn't have an Alolan form than any battle footage
When was it in a cutscene? I think I remember it in battle footage, but not a full on cutscene. Which again battle footage in trailers shouldn't be taken that seriously.

When was it in a cutscene? I think I remember it in battle footage, but not a full on cutscene. Which again battle footage in trailers shouldn't be taken that seriously.

The big Tapu Koko cutscene we saw (I think) at E3, where it knocked out three Spearow while coming down to the big wooden stage, like Shion said.

Last edited:
oh lol I meant Spearow

Fearow itself could have an Alolan form now that you mention it, though
We also have to remember, Alola forms only occur when certain pokemon have to adapt to the environments of Alola. Who knows how some pokemon change because of the environments of a different island they live on?

I wonder if we'll end up getting an Alolan Rapidash?

@Knightwolf09 You forgot some other sketches.

image.png

image.png
image.jpeg

Oh yeah, found this thing

http://i.********/vp/1472070823011.jpg

Turns out some dude drew new pokemon and evolutions and an Alolan Weezing and Arcanine. Since not many leaks have actual pictures, I though it would be interesting to bring up.

I find it interesting that he uses the word staff to describe the plant Pokemon. Not only that but he puts the word in between quotation marks.

It makes it sound like he's trying to make a connection between this "leak" and the riddler leak. He's trying to make us believe that the plant Pokemon is the monk's staff riddle.

I mean this could be legit, but at this point I'm getting really suspicious of leaks piggybacking off each other.

Also, that thing next to Arcanine is supposed to be a pig? It looks like an Empoleon that fell into a vat of toxic waste and started morphing into the blob.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that he uses the word staff to describe the plant Pokemon. Not only that but he puts the word in between quotation marks.

It makes it sound like he's trying to make a connection between this "leak" and the riddler leak. He's trying to make us believe that the plant Pokemon is the monk's staff riddle.

I mean this could be legit, but at this point I'm getting really suspicious of leaks piggybacking off each other.
Based on the picture provided, I don't think that's what he meant by "staff". I think he just means that long, thin part leading up to the flower bloom: Screenshot

That said, not sure that I believe it either, so I'd have to wait for any official news to swing my opinion one way or another. Love the parasect concept, though.

Isn't this place mostly the one that knows of this riddle leak?

Isn't this place mostly the one that knows of this riddle leak?

I've mentioned it on another forum.

Besides that doesn't mean the "leaker" couldn't have read about it on Bulbagarden forums. It seems like it's reasonably well known among the Pokemon fandom.

There's something about the mention of mini-games that kinda bothers me as well. If we didn't get a mini-game for the Pyukumuku thing I don't feel like we're going to get anything as flashy as a boulder dodging game either.

Edit: Also, I'm going to be sad if that's Parasects Alola form. Poor guy just can't catch a break.

Last edited:
I saw the Riddler leak mentioned over at Smashboards of all place, and I know it's been discussed over at Serebii. While it's more under the radar then the Starter concepts, I wouldn't say it's unknown to the point that this guy didn't know about it.

I will give this guy credit, at least he gives drawings of the Pokémon. With that said, I doubt it due to Rockruff not having an evolution at night (which doesn't really work with the lore mentioned on the site) and there only being 4 totem Pokémon, with three them just so happening to match three of the four Trial captains that we know about (a fire, water, and grass one, matching Kiawe, Lana, and Mallow respectively).

Last edited:
I've mentioned it on another forum.

Besides that doesn't mean the "leaker" couldn't have read about it on Bulbagarden forums. It seems like it's reasonably well known among the Pokemon fandom.

There's something about the mention of mini-games that kinda bothers me as well. If we didn't get a mini-game for the Pyukumuku thing I don't feel like we're going to get anything as flashy as a boulder dodging game either.

Edit: Also, I'm going to be sad if that's Parasects Alola form. Poor guy just can't catch a break.

Well I'm pretty sure the island trials will have some mini game like challenges, like Kiawe's. Sun and Moon seem to be straying a bit from the pure battling aspect so I can imagine stuff like this happening. Now the only things the are shaky about this is the totem pokemon thing. There's bound to be more each trial, but then again they seem to line up in order with the trial captains you meet, and it's been speculated the Normal type trial will be your first trial and possibly only trial on Melemele. So maybe he's implying these are the totem pokemon you meet so far from Melemele to Akala. I don't know.

I saw the Riddler leak mentioned over at Smashboards of all place, and I know it's been discussed over at Serebii. While it's more under the radar then the Starter concepts, I wouldn't say it's unknown to the point that this guy didn't know about it.

I will give this guy credit, at least he gives drawings of the Pokémon. With that said, I doubt it due to Rockruff not having an evolution at night (which doesn't really work with the lore mentioned on the site) and there only being 4 totem Pokémon, with three them just so happening to match three of the four Trial captains that we know about (a fire, water, and grass one, matching Kiawe, Lana, and Mallow respectively).

But he did say Rockruff's evo was at night.

Back
Top Bottom