• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Well I'm pretty sure the island trials will have some mini game like challenges, like Kiawe's. Sun and Moon seem to be straying a bit from the pure battling aspect so I can imagine stuff like this happening. Now the only things the are shaky about this is the totem pokemon thing. There's bound to be more each trial, but then again they seem to line up in order with the trial captains you meet, and it's been speculated the Normal type trial will be your first trial and possibly only trial on Melemele. So maybe he's implying these are the totem pokemon you meet so far from Melemele to Akala. I don't know.

But he did say Rockruff's evo was at night.

I made a mistake, it looked like he said it didn't in the 2nd statement, but he was talking about a different Pokémon.

Nonetheless, he says that there are four totem Pokémon in total without making a distinction, and he's at least far enough to have evolved Pikpek all of the way to its final form.

Those were really nice drawings for someone who said he/she can't draw that well. Very detailed!!!
I believe it's fake just because the leak says there are only 4 totems, but we do know that there should be more because there are more than 4 trial captains.

Oh yeah, found this thing

http://i.********/vp/1472070823011.jpg

Turns out some dude drew new pokemon and evolutions and an Alolan Weezing and Arcanine. Since not many leaks have actual pictures, I though it would be interesting to bring up.
It looks so cool!
Why didn't we think Archer,Wrestler,Poppmaid leak so fake before Mallow is revealed?
Because they are so well-designed, can't be better!

The same feeling on the evos of starters and Pikipek line in the leak. They can't be better.

Because the leak says there are 4 totem pokemon in total, I doubt this is real since there are going to be more than 4 trial captains (the 4 we saw are likely just the ones on the northeastern island), but I really like the designs of Alolan Arcanine and Weezing ^^ But overall, I like that the leaker put effort and creativity into the drawings, and almost all of the designs would seem like something GF would do.

Last edited:
The only problem with leaks that turn out to be fake is that sometimes they are really good.

Despite growing up with Gen 1, I must say that it doesn't seem particularly fair or intuitive that only those Pokemon will have adapted to Alola, and the rest that are presumably found from 2-6 are exactly the same. That fake/leak whatever that said Corphish was originally getting one, but was scrapped makes sense. Pokemon should be chosen based on story/design that can work not what generation they are from or their popularity (hard to break this).

It'd only make some sense if Kanto was close (relatively) to Alola, that would allow for migration and adaptation, but using that logic, Johto, which is connected to Kanto, should be included as well.

The design of Arcanine is alright. Not that great, but considering what we've gotten, is in line with others.

I really do like the pollution-less Koffing/Weezing and Grimer/Muk, volcanic Golem, infected Parasect. Those are more in line with Vulpix/Sandshrew/Exeggutor than the ridiculous Marowak, Raichu and Meowth in terms of storylines.

It's honestly such a great idea (Alola variants), and much better than Megas, that you would hope that they put in a lot of thought and consideration of adaptations instead of bullshitting their way through.

Okay I hope this leak is real, because the names are great xD I particularly enjoy "Krakatuga" and "Ibearnate" (all the bear puns!)

Okay I hope this leak is real, because the names are great xD I particularly enjoy "Krakatuga" and "Ibearnate" (all the bear puns!)

Didn't notice the names... but now that I have, it seems like another fake. Perfowl and Fowldrill are pretty awful names.

Where does the "per" come from? They don't seem to be tied to anything strong. Fowl is generic and uninformative of the actual bird it is based off.

Ibearnate, while cool, is something Pokemon would not think of.

Oh well, still hoping we get a Ground Grimer/Muk, Fire Koffing/Weezing and Fire Golem with great stories.

I think that latest leak is fake because of the totems too.

If you look carefully the types of three of the totems he mentioned match up with three of the trial captains we currently know about. Wouldn't that mean three of the four totems are located on Akala island? (because we've figured out at this point that Mallow, Lana and Kiawe are all located on Akala island.

Also didn't the trailer mention that a totem Pokemon would be at the end of each trial? However going by this leak it sounds like Sophocles trial won't get a totem Pokemon.

Sketches seem way too detailed to be fake IMO. Nothing really seems too out of place at this point, and I have to say I actually like some of the more creative ideas like a purified Weezing.

If those are fake, I still applaud the creator. Top percentage fakes like these are actually welcome and help boost the hype period. Much better than that previous Cerulean Cave bullshit.

That Pikipek evo is so so sooooo good. Steel/Flying that loks like a renaissance knight is how I want it to end up, but doing something lile D'Artagan with a musketeer hat cowlick is even better then I imagined.

The problem with people calling fake to the totem part is that this leaker seem pretty certain that there is only 4 of them in total as in major battles they could've easily said 16 for every Trial Captain but they didn't since eveything else seems very detailed in this leak it could be likely they put little things in there but who knows.

Last edited:
If those leaks are fake, I gotta give them props for creativity. They're quite good and imaginative. I must admit I really do like the musketeer look for Pikipek, gives it quite a bit of flare and style. And the second stage of the starters are pretty nice, too. If the starter leaks from way back are indeed real (which have grown on me since initial shock), then these mid-stage starter definitely act as a bridge between them, which I rather like. Gives it more of a natural progression, which I can appreciate. Love the bear puns, too, despite not really liking bears much, but I do love puns. Overall, not too shabby. I gotta give it plenty of props for creativity and imagination, whether they're real or not. And the guy's drawing ability isn't half-bad either, loads better than what I could produce, considering what he has to work with. Overall, not bad, not bad at all.

Love the ideas from this leak (navy-colored molten Golem hell yes), but the 4 Totem Pokémon part does make it hard to swallow.

That is one of the few leaks I like from this pre-release period. Even if it's fake, at least whoever made it put some effort into it and came up with some pretty creative ideas. I'm sick of leaks that are basically stuff from other, reliable leaks with a few fan speculations/wishes thrown in.

I really like the idea behind alolan parasect and I think it could be really cool. Alolan solrock and lunatone are also important, cause it signifies that alolan forms might not be 100% kanto exclusive. So I hope this one is real, even if I'm not a fan of muk getting an alolan form. At least it's just pure ground and not a rarer type combination.

Where does the "per" come from? They don't seem to be tied to anything strong. Fowl is generic and uninformative of the actual bird it is based off.

It probably comes from "perforate," which means to punch a hole in something (as a spear or a drill would do).

This is the spider monkey and Alolan Parasect from that leaker in case people wanted to see it.

Attachments

• 1472077697653~02.jpg
    1472077697653~02.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 117
Two things are constant in life; Leaks posted in pokemon season, and every single fake one referencing a Grass/Fire pepper pokemon, a Water/Psychic Dolphin, or both.

Guess what side i'm on.

Back
Top Bottom