• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I don't trust it just based on the picture quality... when Alolan Raichu and Wishiwashi were leaked, we got better images than that, didn't we? I mean sure, maybe they were quickly snapping a photo of it at work to sneak out- except we can see the lamp right there and what workplace is dimly lit like that? If they had access to this image at home, there's no reason why we shouldn't have gotten a proper screenshot. If anything, this seems like the usual faker tactic of taking a crappy photo to try to make it seem more legit, despite how illogical that actually is.

Augh, how did I spend so long looking at all those titles and making all those text comparisons and miss that obviously missing overlay >;P Someone needs to confiscate my artist's license for failing to notice something that prominent.

This looks more real than the Rockaby one.
But the overlay on white text seem to be a different hue-- the official overlay on white text has a slight purplish blue tint, whilst this one is more of a neutral gray.

The text on the right upper screen (inside game footage) is also a bit funny.

Augh, how did I spend so long looking at all those titles and making all those text comparisons and miss that obviously missing overlay >;P Someone needs to confiscate my artist's license for failing to notice something that prominent.
Awww, don't be so harsh on yourself.
When I translated the Chinese leak, I mistranslated moves into abilities, causing lots of people to not believe in the Chinese leak.

Chill. It's not a big deal. You would have got it sooner or later, doesn't matter. Anyway, the thing is with Rockaby probably being fake, I hope rest of the stuff in the leak isn't fake too. I really liked the starter evolutions and all..

I think that Dodrio might have an Alola Forme, but I feel like the water "Water" and "Flying" are in a different typeset than usual makes it feel fake.

This looks more real than the Rockaby one.
But the overlay on white text seem to be a different hue-- the official overlay on white text has a slight purplish blue tint, whilst this one is more of a neutral gray.

The text on the right upper screen (inside game footage) is also a bit funny.

Awww, don't be so harsh on yourself.
When I translated the Chinese leak, I mistranslated moves into abilities, causing lots of people to not believe in the Chinese leak.

Well, the telltale sign of fakeness would maybe be the artist watermark in the corner ;P

But while we're on the subject: The title is missing the overlayed lining and that Pokemon is just drawn too disproportionately to be official art. That, and the game footage is much lower quality than the image itself. Plus that model looks like it needs someone to wake it up inside.

The thought of a flamingo Dodrio is cool though, even if the rumors say "Fighting/Flying".

Alolan forms are likely to have their own entries, but in that case, I don't think they would bother giving new entries to the original forms. And right now there is a clear separation between Alolan forms and old Pokemon with new entries. Why would they create the impression that Arcanine hasn't changed if it actually had a new form?

I'd have to disagree on your first point. Kanto Pokemon (and Kanto in general) seem to be getting a lot of focus for the 20th anniversary and with them being transfer-able from RBY via Bank, it doesn't surprise me that they'd make the decision to add onto their lore and descriptions.

To answer your question (even though it was probably rhetorical lol) I think it's good to call attention to non-Alolan Arcanine's Fire-controlling capabilities because that helps to differentiate it from would-be Alolan Arcanine. It only gives us the impression that Arcanine's regular form hasn't changed. It doesn't hint at anything for Arcanine as a whole species

Apparently Nintendo France is hinting we'll see something with the starters very soon.

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoFrance/status/769184681313132549

I kinda knew it was gonna happen soon with the whole Rockruff secret reveal in September plus they did this with Sylveon for X and Y so it's something to very much look forward too!

I translated the text and i basically says "In your opinion, what will Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio's evolutions look like in Sun and Moon? ;)" With the winky face, we are definitely seeing their evolutions soon.
Also, apparently we will get new on Pokenchi, the Japanese variety show. I did some research and the latest episode is called "Abareru-kun and Rinka-chan Attempt an Experiment That Will Let Them Get Blown Away Like Volcanion / We'll Also Have a Huge Showcase of New Info on Sun/Moon!" This episode will be coming on at 8 am JST, which is 7 pm EST, btw. Since its Pokenchi, I wouldn't get hopes up since they rarely release new info, but I would still keep my eye on it just in case, since it does say "Huge Showcase of New Info".

Last edited:
I translated the text and i basically says "In your opinion, what will Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio's evolutions look like in Sun and Moon? ;)" With the winky face, we are definitely seeing their evolutions soon. (Sorry if im wrong about the text, I take French but I forgot some over the summer ugh)
That's what Google Translate also roughly says. So you are spot on! ;)

I translated the text and i basically says "In your opinion, what will Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio's evolutions look like in Sun and Moon? ;)" With the winky face, we are definitely seeing their evolutions soon. (Sorry if im wrong about the text, I take French but I forgot some over the summer ugh)
Also, apparently we will get new on Pokenchi, the Japanese variety show. I did some research and the latest episode is called "Abareru-kun and Rinka-chan Attempt an Experiment That Will Let Them Get Blown Away Like Volcanion / We'll Also Have a Huge Showcase of New Info on Sun/Moon!" This episode will be coming on at 8 am JST, which is 7 pm EST, btw. Since its Pokenchi, I wouldn't get hopes up since they rarely release new info, but I would still keep my eye on it just in case, since it does say "Huge Showcase of New Info".
Yeah they aren't that reliable but they might suprise us or they'll wait to reveal the first stages in September.

Back
Top Bottom