• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
You mean this one?

http://i.********/vp/1472010267246.jpg
Old riddle:
11.:statue of Aristotle
Riddler offered new hints about it: four element-->5th element-->celestial body-->hole-->hyperspace

New riddle:
N1: Yukie Nakama, a Japanese actress, and Kirsi, a protagonist in anime Darker than black, which don't point to the new pokemon directly.
N2: A monk staff
N3: Wu Yong, an advisor of the gang of 108 heroes in a fiction

You mean this one?

http://i.********/vp/1472010267246.jpg
Old riddle:
11.:statue of Aristotle
Riddler offered new hints about it: four element-->5th element-->celestial body-->hole-->hyperspace

New riddle:
N1: Yukie Nakama, a Japanese actress, and Kirsi, a protagonist in anime Darker than black, which don't point to the new pokemon directly.
N2: A monk staff
N3: Wu Yong, an advisor of the gang of 108 heroes in a fiction
I think 11 could be hinting towards the philosopher's stone. Four elements, is the basic elements of alchemy. Water, Fire, Earth, and Air (then the fire nation attacked). So that could also hint towards the starters and Rockruff, as they represent the 4 elements perfectly. Now as for the celestial body, hole, and hyperspace. Part of me wants to say it's related to Marshadow. Maybe he's based off a black hole. Something that can swallow the sun and the moon, so maybe he's a threat.

For N1. I'm with people thinking it could relate to a doll pokemon.

For N2: No clue

For N3: I think it's hinting towards Spiritomb. Maybe even a Mega Evolution.

I think 11 could be hinting towards the philosopher's stone. Four elements, is the basic elements of alchemy. Water, Fire, Earth, and Air (then the fire nation attacked). So that could also hint towards the starters and Rockruff, as they represent the 4 elements perfectly. Now as for the celestial body, hole, and hyperspace. Part of me wants to say it's related to Marshadow. Maybe he's based off a black hole. Something that can swallow the sun and the moon, so maybe he's a threat.

For N1. I'm with people thinking it could relate to a doll pokemon.

For N2: No clue

For N3: I think it's hinting towards Spiritomb. Maybe even a Mega Evolution.

+1 for that avatar reference.
Some seem to be pointing out that the monk staff might be a hint towards Komala's evolution, adding the psychic type , kind of like the abra line

11: The fifth element is aether which is an elastic substance which permeates space and also the medium whose vibrrations consist of v arious electromagnetic radiation like light. So could be Electric.

Hyperspace and hole is actually a move used by Hoopa. Which could be Psychic.

So it could be an Electric/Psychic legendary.

It just felt too rugged and rough. I am not a fan of Fighting-like appearance starters. I was so set on Litten, but the rumored final stage just made me disembark the Litten-train.

On a related note, I instantly disliked Rowlet when I saw the starters. I knew that most would love him and I don't like overrated Pokemon. I am neutral with Popplio, not entirely hate, but not loving either.

So I am going to choose Popplio and box it immediately.
I have to agree with you here: none of the leaked "final stages" do a lot for me. I don't like any of them, which is really odd. Normally, at least one of the final evos grabs me and I find something cool about it that I like but it hasn't happened this time around.

And I'm with you on Rowlett. The second I saw it I had the same reaction as I did when I first saw Fennekin, which was a half mumbled, "Nope, pass." It's cute to the point where it almost feels forced and something about that is really off putting. (My idea of cute is different than others. I think Barbaracle is freaking adorable. I am not joking.)

If push comes to shove, I'll just hand my Litten an Everstone and call it good.
Mega Gardevoir wears a ball gown and can still be male. If you ask me, I don't think Game Freak really care all that much about strictly enforcing the traditional masculine/feminine expectations of appearance within the actual gender mechanics.

Which I think is great. I've got no problem whatsoever with male Gardevoir going around in ball gowns and still being awesome. Even though I think it's just an example of a nice thing being born of ambivalence on their part, but whatever.
We still can't have a female Gallade, which I want badly. Who says that every female Kirlia wants to evolve to wear a pretty dress and look frilly and female? What if there's a female Kirlia who wants to be a tough, sword-wielding knight, for goodness sake?

Yeah, I know. It's a minor thing but I really want the option to have a female Gallade. I've worked with multiple female Bisharp--one via trade on X and two that were bred--and love them dearly; why can't I do the same with a Gallade?
How is Samurott the one everyone chose? XD
I know NOBODY who even likes Samurott.
*cough* Hi, I'm Silverwynde and I love Samurott. I also liked Greninja the very moment I saw it. :LOL:

As to the topic at hand, I wonder if any Sun and Moon info will inadvertently get dropped early. It almost seems to be a pattern here: we're gonna have a trailer/info and the day before, somebody drops the pertinent information. I don't know how I feel about that.

And slag yeah to a Mega Spiritomb! I bet my shiny from Pearl would look beast as a Mega! But, I'd also like a Mega Golurk.... maybe the 108 means we'll get 108 Megas? Or we're getting 108 Pokemon in the Gen? Don't mind me; I'm just thinking out loud.

pls stop that stupid discussion abour starters, it's clogging the thread and diverting the attention from relevant stuff

Barbaracle is a gnarly pokemon @Soki

Anyway, for a topic change. I hope new Mega Evolutions are there. Apparently Mega Magearna is almost confirmed from the japanese site coding, but let's see.

Personally, I would like Megas of Dragonite, Haxorus, Hydreigon and Tyrantrum.:D

What Mega evolutions would you guys like to see?

none, this tacky misstep needs to die

( ;) )

But... But. Meganium and Emboar were never competitively viable whereas Feraligatr and Serperior are both viable, Venusaur is less viable than Charizard as of XY, Empoleon is equally viable as Infernape, and Greninja and Blaziken so far exceed Chesnaught and Swampert in terms of viability that they are both banned to Ubers while Chesnaught and (Mega) Swampert are both UU, even though they have some minor viability in OU.

pls stop that stupid discussion abour starters, it's clogging the thread and diverting the attention from relevant stuff

In a thread about Rumours/Leaks, don't complain about people talking about the last missing thing from a very credible leak thus far; especially with a direct tomorrow, instead of us talking about the latest half-assed leak from 4chan using the same 4 things+fanservice.

On the topic of starters, however, most starters if they are good find ways to be viable outside of having a great competitive ability. Swampert has been a constant threat in UU/OU ever since it's introduction without having good competitive abilities due to a good movepool/typing/stat allocation, as contrast to Meganium, who has a weird stat distribution, a lackluster movepool for its job, and has a pretty bad base typing to have as a pure tank.

If Rowlet ends up getting a slow, bulky, attacker stat distribution, it will not be as competitively viable as say Popplio with its typing, just like how if Litten is the defensive mon, it wont work out well.

Last edited:
In a thread about Rumours/Leaks, don't complain about people talking about the last missing thing from a very credible leak thus far; especially with a direct tomorrow, instead of us talking about the latest half-assed leak from 4chan using the same 4 things+fanservice.
Are you talking about artleaka and the recent guy? Because those sketches are very interesting and I hope are true!

I just hope that the starter leak gets proven or disproven soon. I know that some people are finding it tedious and dull.

I still find it weird that anime-department concept art is using placeholder names rather than the actual ones + only english confidential digital mark, but yes, mallow pretty much confirms it does come from GF.

I will positively mark out if Bond Phenomenon (or BP for short) with Rockruff and the starters ends up true.

What Mega evolutions would you guys like to see?
My top three are Mega Golurk (Didn't see that one coming, did ya?), Mega Bisharp and Mega Sawk. I'd also love to see a Mega Druddigon as well. (I love Druddigon; it's one of my few favorite Dragon types.)

I'm in the "Gen V needs more love" camp, so I'd rather see some Unova Megas myself. It is my favorite Region/Gen.

Or at least give some of these guys Alola forms. That would be awesome too. But I doubt it would happen. :cry:

I still find it weird that anime-department concept art is using placeholder names rather than the actual ones + only english confidential digital mark, but yes, mallow pretty much confirms it does come from GF.
Not necessarily. Mallow could have been the leak and the rest is fake.

....why would someone leak a trial captain who was revealed shortly after and create entire design sheets around the starters only to have the real leak appear in one section of one of the pokemon sheets, when they could have just leaked her entire design?

I'm going through a bunch of official anime concept art for pokémon as we speak and the more I see the weirder they seem.
With the exception of Lugia, suicune(both movie sheets) & mankey for some weird reason, all the ones that have trainers drawn alonside the pokémon follow the same pattern:
They are VERY simple silhouettes of ash (all the "ash" in them are just his pointy hair, a small amount detail clothing a bit) or a random trainer, in a standing up, static pose to make a height comparison.
Furthermore, these only happen on gens 1 and 2 pokémon, as far as I can see, gen 3 foward there's no human in sight, the only exception in all the list being woobat with a simple quick jessie bust.
Of course, not all pokémon are in this list and this could simply be one of the exceptions, but still is quite interesting to analyze.

And most probably I'm just overthinking it- but what do you guys think?

Ps. Oh yeah, I forgot- I'm not counting the height comparison chart from BW which leaked Servine. That one is not a pokémon focused concept art, it's, well... a height chart.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom