• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
The 1st one is the point I've been trying make: They could just be beta designs and not the finalized artwork. Mallow appearing in the artwork does not prove that they are the finalized versions, as they could have designed her in conjunction with the starters.

Also, thank you all for pointing me to the translations - Those are good to know about.
That's very true. The leaked art as beta designs is the most plausible of the three; however, I don't expect any huge changes. If there are any changes, I hope they are enough to dull the horror most people have towards Litten3.

I believe the only scenarios in which the starter evo leaks could be wrong or fake are: 1) These are beta designs and have since been changed partially or entirely 2) the person who made them saw mallow somehow, and put her in the force fans to believe their leak or 3) gamefreak put these out as a red herring so people would believe them, and thus any accidentally leaked art of the 'real' evos would be taken as fake.

All seem pretty unlikely to me and I'm certain these are the starters finals we are getting.
I would go for option 1. But it's not like it would change people's feeling about it anyway. Oh yeah, I just remembered something. It's funny that people say Litten's looks cartoony, cause Crabrawler also got negative feedback for being cartoony.

Last edited:
I think that starter designs that are just bigger versions of the first forms are boring for the most part. It's why I Gen II was my least favorite trio design-wise (I still love Feraligatr), and I only cut Gen I slack out of nostalgia even though they were arguably the dullest in hindsight. Granted, I felt Gen III's final evos were more interesting despite Swampert and Sceptile just being bigger, tougher versions of Mudkip and Treecko (Blaziken looks NOTHING like Torchic, but I love Blaziken anyway), but I think that Gen IV was when starters really became creative. They gained themes in addition to their animals, and these often matched the themes of their Gen.

Gen IV's trio had mythology themes (and Napoleon) - The World Turtle (Torterra), Sun Wukong (Infernape) and Poseidon (Empoleon). Gen V's starters were themed around different cultures - French culture (Serperior), Chinese culture (Emboar) and Japanese culture (Samurott). Gen VI's starters were themed around RPG classes - Fighter/knight (Chesnaught), mage (Delphox) and rogue/ninja (Greninja). Gen VII's starters seem to be themed around different fictional characters - Robin Hood (Robinroot), Tiger Mask (Beltigre) and the Little Mermaid (Sirene). The last two are very popular in Japan, so I can see why GF would make Pokemon based on them.

The 1st one is the point I've been trying make: They could just be beta designs and not the finalized artwork. Mallow appearing in the artwork does not prove that they are the finalized versions, as they could have designed her in conjunction with the starters.

Also, thank you all for pointing me to the translations - Those are good to know about.
Honestly these look very detailed to be that much of beta with the poses and expressions of all 3 they are too expressive so I'm pretty sure these are what we're getting but much cleaner.

Page 151! woot woot! anyway heres a new leak, not sun moon only but still worth noting:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 9.01.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 9.01.35 PM.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 160
They constantly have to explain to people on the page itself that NX and mobile news is not coming. I highly doubt that we'll get either seeming as they're still saying it on the page...

While I didn't read the leak, I'd not be surprised if any of them put too much emphasis on the Pokemon news.

Well, now @Knightwolf09 posted them here xD
thanks anyway

Why would they make a direct reference to a starter from 4 generations and I-won't-bother-counting-how-many-anime-seasons ago? The animation team most probably isn't the same as then, and I know some animation teams go back to search for references but it seems like an oddly specific detail. They could have simply said "It likes to chill on tree branches" and would have the same effect.

Yes, my picky mode is activated.
I'll clear this up. My friend was the one who made those translations and I myself put the example of Ash's Secptile to further paint you'll a picture on how it acts ( The Sceptile note wasn't apart of said translation and neither was the Red Magnus or the Guy example for Liiten3). In addition, the art looks beta because we weren't supposed to see let alone know these guys existed, hence the "Confidential " sign on the artwork. Companies will always release cleaner artwork for their creations when they're being made or released to the Public ( It's a very common practice)
Another essential point is that Greninja itself didn't have a name when TPC showed in to Sakurai for Smash 4.
( In a interview with Famitsu)
F- So how did you pick Pokémon characters for Smash?
Sakurai- Well usually I take two approaches, for one I go to see the latest Pokémon movies to determine what the next big Pokémon is and what's current. Second I go and talk to TPC and ask them what new Pokémon do they want me to put in Smash.
F- Ah interesting!
Sakurai- This time they showed me a Pokémon that would later be known as Greninja.
F- So Greninja was picked before the X&Y games were even came out?!
S- "Yeah, all I saw was a drawing of it and little notes describing how it would function, The Pokémon didn't have a set name yet.
We then worked together on the character and that's how Greninja came to be."
We later saw said artwork for Greninja which describes what Sakurai saw.
For that reason, them lacking names can't be used against them since this is a seemingly common practice for GF\TPC.

Attachments

• 857.png
    857.png
    361.3 KB · Views: 99
Just a thought, but has anyone been keeping an eye on that Japanese trademark twitter bot (I think that's what it was)? The one we found out the box legendaries and starter names from (also a few Pokemon from last gen)?

Just a thought, but has anyone been keeping an eye on that Japanese trademark twitter bot (I think that's what it was)? The one we found out the box legendaries and starter names from (also a few Pokemon from last gen)?
So far it's only show the names of Pokémon that we've already known about
Nothing new yet sadly.

If they really announce Gold/Silver/Crystal for the VC I'm a happy guy no matter what else they show us!
I'd like to see this as well. Especially, if they are released around the same time as potential Gen 4 remakes since that generation is when HG/SS came out.

The fact that they would show the NX on a 3DS only direct just makes this leak incredibly unbelievable. Also, I'm pretty sure they would show off some Mario Party news as well. But getting back on to the Pokémon leaks, jesus christ what are those names? Capelt, are you kidding me right now? That name just sounds stupid to me.

The fact that they would show the NX on a 3DS only direct just makes this leak incredibly unbelievable. Also, I'm pretty sure they would show off some Mario Party news as well. But getting back on to the Pokémon leaks, jesus christ what are those names? Capelt, are you kidding me right now? That name just sounds stupid to me.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the leak only mentioned the NX at the end of the direct as a means of announcing a new direct specifically for it. It didn't say they would show the NX itself.

Last edited:
http://i.********/vp/1472731420515.png

Please tell me this is real!!!

Where is that from?

If it's real, which I suppose is doubtful, (background, format, etc) it'd be one of the best designed Alolan forms yet.

It was already posted on 4chan and confirmed fake, got reposted yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom