• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
1:32 OH MY GOD IS THAT ACTUALLY PROFESSOR OAK!?
Surprise he still looks good after all this time, plus Wishiwashi is definitely a Totem Pokemon when it was doing like a reel of the already confirmed so probably an unexpected battle and the Trial Captains are doing the Z-move poses so yup their ready to battle!

I could actually see that being an argument FOR Type:Null being the breeding cat - if it can breed with any Pokemon a la Ditto, it would make it easy to breed any given type onto it even for new players who don't necessarily understand egg groups. It also makes sense in story - the people who synthesized Type:Null would want it to have the maximum possible breeding pool (assuming that they designed it for the purpose of amassing an army of Type:Nulls of various typings, as was speculated earlier)
If it can breeds just like Ditto, then wouldn't the offspring it produce be the same as the other parent.

Geez Prof. Oak, I know it's Hawaii, but that's too much tan!

Btw, does anyone know what Prof. Kukui said at the end of the trailer, it seemed important.

I don't think Wishiwashi is a totem Pokemon. It seems like it's the Pokemon causing trouble that you need to calm for Lana's trial.

Considering that it appeared right after Lurantis and Gumshoos, who we know are Totem Pokémon, I think it's both the Totem Pokémon of the area and the one you need to calm down for Lana's trial.

Oh, I thought maybe that was a different Oak, like a man related to Kanto Oak with the same last name who'd be like "Hey, you're from Kanto? My cousin is from there!" or something. But maybe it is Kanto Oak. It's just he looks way more tanned than possible.

Also, I do love the possibility that Type: Null is made up of parts from the starter's alternate forms, even if I find it unlikely.

And to think that at the beginning people thought Sun and Moon having an alchemy theme was silly.

Fy9k5O44FklYzT_OYALLIFXEw7yMDSaRg1gMkSTOzOc.jpg

Or that the events of DP take place during the same time as the events of Sun/Moon....

Well that would be weird, considering that DPP take place years before BW, B2W2, and XY, and then SM take place after XY...

Unless they really have done a bit of timeline shifting for this universe. I still think ORAS have moved forward a bit compared to RSE.

Well that would be weird, considering that DPP take place years before BW, B2W2, and XY, and then SM take place after XY...

Unless they really have done a bit of timeline shifting for this universe. I still think ORAS have moved forward a bit compared to RSE.
ORAS is 10 years after RSE, but since RSE is in an alt universe, it means everything everyone did (plot wise) got put on hold until Ruby/Sapphire moved to Hoenn. Basically you were born 10 years later and in ORAS you see the world how it is 10 years removed from RSE.

ORAS is 10 years after RSE, but since RSE is in an alt universe, it means everything everyone did (plot wise) got put on hold until Ruby/Sapphire moved to Hoenn. Basically you were born 10 years later and in ORAS you see the world how it is 10 years removed from RSE.
No and no oras is still years before bw since the cruise ship in bw is not done for years as stated in the oceanic museum and looker doesn't know who he is so it's also before platinum

Secondly sm and dppt can't take place at the same time because oak appears in those games and is not tan

No and no oras is still years before bw since the cruise ship in bw is not done for years as stated in the oceanic museum and looker doesn't know who he is so it's also before platinum

Secondly sm and dppt can't take place at the same time because oak appears in those games and is not tan
Exactly

Barring everything else wrong with the time problem, I still don't think that oak is the same oak, just a relative of kanto oak. But who knows until we get more info? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I could be wrong I guess.

Just checked and only says that Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ and Lance would make an appearance, nothing that says Prof. Oak returning

Barring everything else wrong with the time problem, I still don't think that oak is the same oak, just a relative of kanto oak. But who knows until we get more info? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I could be wrong I guess.
Well he does have the kanji オーキド which is Prof. Oak's name, though maybe he is a relative or maybe he's the full fledged Prof. Oak

There's nothing wrong with the time placement fr=oras-hgss 3 years=dppt-bw 10/7ish rocket grunt from hgss has a kid many years passed)-bw 2 years=xy

We last saw oak in hgss/dppt which takes place at a minimum of 5 to four years ago if the grunts kid is 2 oak has had time to go on a vacation to hawii
What can oak not get a tan?

Back
Top Bottom