• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Riddler's update for the list of Alola forms.

Some are excluded, such as Arcanine.
It doesn't mean the remaining would definitely get alola form.
Just the excluded ones won't.
If they are going to make the horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE decision to limit Alolan forms to Gen I Pokemon, I was at least hoping for a Fire-type, phoenix-like Pidgeot...

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of weird for the Riddler to say something this... direct? Straight out saying the ones that are marked out won't get Alolan forms seems really definitive when usually everything he posts is vague & up to your interpretation. I just find it odd. Maybe I just want that phoenix-y Pidgeot too badly...

If they are going to make the horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE decision to limit Alolan forms to Gen I Pokemon, I was at least hoping for a Fire-type, phoenix-like Pidgeot...

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of weird for the Riddler to say something this... direct? Straight out saying the ones that are marked out won't get Alolan forms seems really definitive when usually everything he posts is vague & up to your interpretation. I just find it odd. Maybe I just want that phoenix-y Pidgeot too badly...

I guess he basically list the ones who appeared on the trailers if i see the list correctly

did we ever got starters final typings so fast?
are the chinese leaks real or maybe someone talented wanted to show how he loved Emboar and Wrestling?
maybe this were leaks of very early past concepts, maybe many things change since then?
fire/fighting? no way, this region calls for a fire/ground fast pokemon that can take on water.

I hope they learned the mistakes and go into more fandom direction.

It kinda is but kinda isn't since he only just ruled out what there isn't, didn't confirm what there is. It's about as painfully open as his other riddles have been in terms of what we'll actually get.

The thing is, as I gleamed through the last few posts in that thread, it seems like Mr Riddler only know about new Pokemon and not regional forms. He gave out all these clues about new Pokemon but the pic where he crossed out all those gen 1 mons and circled which one likely to get Alolan seems to be educated guesses. The one crossed out are based on the Japanese website and seen on trailers or mons that had been "milked", i.e. Mega. The red circle are confirmed Alolan, the blue are likely Alolan. He also made the assumption that only Gen 1 get Alolan.

Like badwolf said
I guess he basically list the ones who appeared on the trailers if i see the list correctly

I don't think Riddler knows everything.
If he is right about this picture, (We all assume he is 100% right because all he said is real or unconfirmed now. Probably he would be right on this one.)
then I guess what he knows is "Pokemon seen in the battle in trailer won't get Alola forms" or "Before post-game, original form and Alola form won't co-exist." these sorts of stuff.

The thing is, as I gleamed through the last few posts in that thread, it seems like Mr Riddler only know about new Pokemon and not regional forms. He gave out all these clues about new Pokemon but the pic where he crossed out all those gen 1 mons and circled which one likely to get Alolan seems to be educated guesses. The one crossed out are based on the Japanese website and seen on trailers or mons that had been "milked", i.e. Mega. The red circle are confirmed Alolan, the blue are likely Alolan. He also made the assumption that only Gen 1 get Alolan.
The blue circles are future evolutions, pre-evolutions or side-evolutions (think Slowpoke, Slowbro, Slowking). All these evolutions are past Generation I. The red circles are confirmed Alolan forms, but at least one member of the line has an Alolan form. The green circles are Megas.

That... I actually could see, at least for one particular form.

It just means which Pokémon have shown up as cameos in things like objects and architecture, but not in their actual forms. So for instance, we haven't seen Hawlucha or Haxorus in the game proper, but they have appeared as the entrances to the Battle Royal stage, thus they are not highlighted since we don't know if they will fully appear in the game.
Question: I saw meganium on the guys shirt, but where's typlhosion and feraligatr?
I don't recall seeing them anywhere and I'm curious

The blue circles are future evolutions, pre-evolutions or side-evolutions (think Slowpoke, Slowbro, Slowking). All these evolutions are past Generation I. The red circles are confirmed Alolan forms, but at least one member of the line has an Alolan form. The green circles are Megas.
Ah, I see, I didn't look at the high resolution image. Still, the point is that Alolan form wise, he is guessing as much as we are.

I just found this on 4chan. (Wasn't sure if it was ok to link it so I just took a screenshot) Not sure I believe any of it.

That first one particularly just seems like they've taken recently revealed / spotlighted stuff (Oak / Rockruff) and ran with it.

The biggest red flag to me is referring to Samson as "The Oak cousin". Tell me that doesn't sound like some kid in the playground trying to spread rumours rather than someone with a shred of intelligence who wants their information to be taken seriously xD

I just found this on 4chan. (Wasn't sure if it was ok to link it so I just took a screenshot) Not sure I believe any of it.

"Three types attacks" ...wait, what does that mean?

Final Litten evo definitely looks part Dark and it's a heel wrestler. Fighting type just because it's a wrestler seems kind of narrow-minded and clashes with all the thought put into the design. Unless this is not about the Chinese evos, which would be weird since it's already mentioned there that Popplio's final is half Fairy.

"A Psychic type Pokémon will be revealed in CoroCoro this month" How very conveniently vague. But honestly, we haven't had a Psychic Pokemon in a while anyway, it only makes sense we'd be getting a new one soon.

"Ultra Beasts aren't Pokémons or even humans" "have something to do with Aether" "aren't catchable" And in other news, the sky is blue. Seriously, isn't this what everyone has been speculating?

Also... who says "Pokémons" with the correct é but with the incorrect s? When there already are some weird punctuation and grammar mishaps in the text, too? I know that influences next to nothing, but that just bothered me. It makes it seems like the guy put the é in to seem more legit.

Also... who says "Pokémons" with the correct é but with the incorrect s? When there already are some weird punctuation and grammar mishaps in the text, too? I know that influences next to nothing, but that just bothered me. It makes it seems like the guy put the é in to seem more legit.
It might just mean the é is in it's native language and therefore in his keyboard so he just uses it. (like me)
Not that it matters a lot.

(Unrelated to the current discussion regarding the leaks but) what if the climax of the game actually involves the PC fighting against Lille, Lusamine and Gladion all at the same time? *cues Battle Royal*

(Unrelated to the current discussion regarding the leaks but) what if the climax of the game actually involves the PC fighting against Lille, Lusamine and Gladion all at the same time? *cues Battle Royal*

At first I thought you meant "PC" as in the computer storage system gaining sentience LOL

That's an interesting idea but more suited to a speculation thread than the rumour one tbh

FIRE/FIGHTING? Oh God please no -____- not again. Now that's just spam!

With Alolan Arcanine and Alolan Butterfree seemingly debunked, is it at all possible that these guys might get new Mega Evolutions? Arcanine could be Fire / Water.

I guess I just really want that Pokériding Arcanine across hot water to be true :( (which is odd because I've never particularly liked Arcanine). The concept is just too cool!

Also re-using the Butterfree line again when there are all those Vivillon patterns out there seems a little arbitrary, aside from the obvious gen one nostalgia factor.

Or I guess they could pull a Vivillon for this Gen with Butterfree? I just want it to get /something/ new this gen! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom