• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
that Electric Fairy Electabuzz with friend guard would have been so amazing in doubles :D Just chuck on eviolite lol

An anonymous poster on 2ch claims to have seen the October issue of CoroCoro, a Japanese comic magazine, and says that the latest issue shows Alolan Ekans and Arbok. They’ve given a few details about it and here are the translations:

• Alolan Ekans & Arbok are Fighting-type
  • Their abilities are Fighter Skin, which makes Normal-type moves Fighting and increases their power by 30% (ala Pixilate, etc), and Shed Skin
  • Alolan Arbok is light brown and bigger in size than its normal counterpart, but lacks any pattern on its body
  • It is a Pokémon Sun exclusive and the CoroCoro issue also reveals that Alolan Sandslash is a Moon exclusive
I also adding in other rumors from 2ch, The Alolan Electabuzz & Magmar rumor was preceded by a typo so I think I consider this much shakier than the above Arbok rumor. It would also leave questions regarding their evolutions as well.

• Alolan Electabuzz revealed, new form looks similar to the pudgy Shinto god Ebisu
  • Brought electricity to Alola and is seen as a guardian-type figure
  • Electric/Fairy-type
  • Has the abilities Friend Guard/Healer
  • Alolan Magmar
  • It walks on all fours and is covered in vines; covered itself in vegetation as a way to survive in the jungles of Alola
  • Fire/Grass-type
  • New ability that reduces the effectiveness of its opponents attack when it switches to a teammate in battle (teammate will take less damage when it switches in)
All of this info did I get from PJ and also take this info with a grain of salt, is for a moment a rumor!

Thanks for posting it here! ^^ I doubt that GF would give an ability like Fighter Skin to Arbok though because it seems really overpowered (Shed Skin + 30% boost to its attacks is pretty good if we do not consider the Pokemon that gets it (not trying to put the Ekans line down but I hope you get what I mean!) ) I guess we'll just wait and see. And why isn't it getting scanned yet? The wait is killing me T^T

Thanks for posting it here! ^^ I doubt that GF would give an ability like Fighter Skin to Arbok though because it seems really overpowered (Shed Skin + 30% boost to its attacks is pretty good if we do not consider the Pokemon that gets it (not trying to put the Ekans line down but I hope you get what I mean!) ) I guess we'll just wait and see. And why isn't it getting scanned yet? The wait is killing me T^T

You got one thing wrong about Arbok, Fighter Skin isn't Shed Skin + 30% boost, he said that it could have Fighter Skin as an ability OR Shed Skin.

You got one thing wrong about Arbok, Fighter Skin isn't Shed Skin + 30% boost, he said that it could have Fighter Skin as an ability OR Shed Skin.

Ohh!!!! Thanks for correcting me I really need to get a new pair of glasses thanks for clearing the confusion!

If they've seen the magazine, why did they not take pics and upload them like literally everybody else that posts CoroCoro leaks?

I'm calling it a maybe.
Because they were probably just skimming it don't know why they didn't take a picture of what they found at least they promise to show images the next day unless it will leak early before they do.

Last edited:
An anonymous poster on 2ch claims to have seen the October issue of CoroCoro, a Japanese comic magazine, and says that the latest issue shows Alolan Ekans and Arbok. They’ve given a few details about it and here are the translations:

• Alolan Ekans & Arbok are Fighting-type
  • Their abilities are Fighter Skin, which makes Normal-type moves Fighting and increases their power by 30% (ala Pixilate, etc), and Shed Skin
  • Alolan Arbok is light brown and bigger in size than its normal counterpart, but lacks any pattern on its body
  • It is a Pokémon Sun exclusive and the CoroCoro issue also reveals that Alolan Sandslash is a Moon exclusive
I also adding in other rumors from 2ch, The Alolan Electabuzz & Magmar rumor was preceded by a typo so I think I consider this much shakier than the above Arbok rumor. It would also leave questions regarding their evolutions as well.

• Alolan Electabuzz revealed, new form looks similar to the pudgy Shinto god Ebisu
  • Brought electricity to Alola and is seen as a guardian-type figure
  • Electric/Fairy-type
  • Has the abilities Friend Guard/Healer
  • Alolan Magmar
  • It walks on all fours and is covered in vines; covered itself in vegetation as a way to survive in the jungles of Alola
  • Fire/Grass-type
  • New ability that reduces the effectiveness of its opponents attack when it switches to a teammate in battle (teammate will take less damage when it switches in)
All of this info did I get from PJ and also take this info with a grain of salt, is for a moment a rumor!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It better not be Moon exclusive. I've been waiting a VERY long time for a type-combination like this, and I'm picking SUN for my main game.

"Fighter Skin" sounds so fake. :k I really doubt that any of those rumors are true, especially the Magmar and Electabuzz ones. I don't think they'd want to give A-forms to Pokémon outside of Gen I, which means that if Magmar and Electabuzz did get forms, their evolutions wouldn't have them, which would make evolving them really odd (unless they'd be evolution locked, maybe?). Either way it's a weird/unlikely scenario.

Not to mention that Alolan Electabuzz is described as a guardian deity. That would only work if there were just one such Electabuzz (akin to Eternal Floette), but that is not the idea behind Alolan forms.

Fighter Skin would just be like Pixelate and such (and in Japan those Abilities are known as "[Type] Skin", so I don't see that as too unbelievable---and Alola Arbok would probably have the same overall BST as the original one, just rearranged, which isn't crazy high to be broken. And I think having that as counterpart to Alola Sandshrew makes sense, it seems possible though we don't have long to wait for its legitimacy.

The Electabuzz and Magmar one is probably fake though, because I don't think those will get Alola Forms since they have Gen IV evolutions, plus we've seen Electivire in the Wishiwashi trailer. Also Magmar going on all-fours is the biggest visual change so far when all the other Alolan Pokemon more or less keep the original body-shape, bar taller Exeggutor.

Can we avoid trashtalking other sites when giving our opinions. If you don't like the other sites or trust what it posts then fair enough, but it doesn't really seem necessary to call it "garbage site" and other stuff.

"Fighter Skin" sounds so fake.

Well in fairness, Refrigerate is Freeze Skin, Aerilate is Sky Skin and Pixilate is Fairy Skin in the Japanese games. So it's just following that naming convention since it's from a Japanese-based "leak". If it were true, it's likely it would have been changed to an -ate ability for us.

I can sort of believe the Ekans and Arbok part, but lol@that Electabuzz and Magmar part, back in the trash it goes.

Well in fairness, Refrigerate is Freeze Skin, Aerilate is Sky Skin and Pixilate is Fairy Skin in the Japanese games. So it's just following that naming convention since it's from a Japanese-based "leak". If it were true, it's likely it would have been changed to an -ate ability for us.

Oh, whoops - should have clarified! The name isn't neccessarily the reason I think it's fake (though I didn't know that about the Japanese names though!!), it's the abilities of it.

actually.......... When I first read it I thought that the leak was implying that Fighter Skin was a fighting-type -ate ability WITH the addition of Shed Skin affects (which made sense to me due to the 'skin' in the name). Now re-reading it I realize that they were two different abilities they could have. '^^ So now it definitely seems more likely to me they could be real aha.

Reactions: Zeb
How boring I hope that doesn't turn out to be true for Ekans and Arbok. Not even sure how they would go about turning snakes into Fighting type when they don't have any appendages. Although it would be interesting for the Ekans line to have the type advantage for once, I'd just rather it was a new type combo like the Alolan Sandshrew line.

Electabuzz "leak" is fake imo we already have Tapu Koko as an Electric/Fairy island guardian.

Also, yeah, it doesn't really make much sense to me that they would post the info without any scans. So I'm pretty skeptical.

Can we avoid trashtalking other sites when giving our opinions. If you don't like the other sites or trust what it posts then fair enough, but it doesn't really seem necessary to call it "garbage site" and other stuff.
Fine by me but Joe's tweet this morning sums it up nicely.

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/774905026372337664

Punchate confirmed.

Aaaanyway back on topic I can see a Arbok working for fighting maybe thicker skin and using its tail to shatter boulders reminds me of the snake girl in Kung Fu Panda.

Viper! I have to say I didn't see how the Ekans line could possibly be Fighting-Type until you made that comparison!

It's certainly not the typing I'd have liked, and brown, patternless Arbok sounds pretty boring.

There seems to be a heavy bias towards Fighting-Type changes with all these Alolan form "leaks". From the Abra and Nidoran line to the Doduo and now the Ekans line (I feel like there's at least one more I'm forgetting)

Back
Top Bottom