• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
latest

To follow on from what Karamazov said, while it probably won't look as grotesque as this, maybe something along the lines of the mythology of Scylla is what the riddler's referring to with that Darker Than Black clue? IDK, that's just my guess. Very clearly inspired by what I've been playing recently.

We finally got the wolf, so I wouldn't be shocked to finally get the dolphin in the same generation.

Poor Manectric is forgotten...

It's unlikely, but I'd prefer a river dolphin over an ocean dolphin. I mean, look at this goofy, pink boy! They're practically Pokemon already!

206ade84b90721e179f15692bbec4e42.jpg

That looks adorable!

Hope one of you can read japanese, cause I managed to wirte down what was on that section underneath Komala

ー体とんな進化
を見せろのカ?

How the heck can kids write this? This was 3 different writing styles in one.

I think it's more like this
ー体どんな進化を見せるのか?
which translates to "What will the evolution looks like?" or something along that line.

If both the actress and the anime girl are 1) human(oid), 2) women, and 3) have varying levels of association to water and magic, a rusalka might fit. But I have a feeling I'm focusing on things at face value and ignoring what the riddles REALLY mean.

Another one I can think of is a Kappa, as it is a mythical humanoid with some association to water, though It lacks the woman feature on it.

Understandable - I can see them fudging up on the dolphin idea, especially if they end up sticking to the stereotypes too much. I personally think there's a lot of room for creativity here - a lot of cultures have legends about dolphins, and dolphins themselves are complex, intelligent animals. There's tons of ways they could go with a dolphin Pokemon in terms of basic concept alone.

I was even discussing this with garrison-san a while back, about a Dark type dolphin that focuses on the seamy, malicious sides of dolphins. And I know how much you like Dragon types - they could do a dolphin Pokemon that borrows from sea serpents, make it Dragon/Water. :>

Plus I'd rather have more Pokemon based off of animals we haven't covered, instead of foxes, monkeys and cats all the time.

On the subject of the riddle, I've looked at all the clues you guys are mentioning. While I can agree with the dolphin, I want to propose another idea for the sake of bringing another idea into the mix. Maybe the Pokemon is actually a part-Water type that looks like a human woman? Or, if the "Trick" part is what we're focusing on, and the anime girl's magic powers related to water, maybe the Pokemon has Magician, or uses water magic? It could be a rusalka.

If both the actress and the anime girl are 1) human(oid), 2) women, and 3) have varying levels of association to water and magic, a rusalka might fit. But I have a feeling I'm focusing on things at face value and ignoring what the riddles REALLY mean.

The Encanto would be pretty rich for a monster basis, and fit the theme of the game - they have to stay dolphins during the day but can transform into a bipedal humanoid form at night (but they have to wear hats to cover up their blowholes).

I think that it be better if we didn't get a dolphin pokemon. It doesn't seem like a cool idea in my opinion.

It's a franchise with hundreds of characters, someone's bound to like them and (especially if you repeat Pokémon) you'll never really be short of options to use instead of Pokémon you don't like.

As for the starter split evos, even if it doesn't have any basically true leaks or wording from CoroCoro, it still seems likely due to the potential marketing power it'd provide.

Poor Manectric is forgotten...

I dunno. Manectric's name suggests to me that it's based on a maned wolf, which is neither a wolf nor a fox, as it isn't closely related to any other living canid. Actually, the animal most closely related to it is the bush dog, which, surprisingly, looks absolutely nothing like it.

Bulbapedia says they're both based on the Japanese Raiju, which is a shapeshifting lighting elemental. Regarding Manectric, the wiki says it's inspired by the blue wolf form of Raiju, but in that case the whole "wolf" thing just seems secondary. Primarily, based on this, I'd say they both are primarily Raiju maned wolves.

Last edited:
I dunno. Manectric's name suggests to me that it's based on a maned wolf, which is neither a wolf nor a fox, as it isn't closely related to any other living canid. Actually, the animal most closely related to it is the bush dog, which, surprisingly, looks absolutely nothing like it.

Bulbapedia says they're both based on the Japanese Raiju, which is a shapeshifting lighting elemental. Regarding Manectric, the wiki says it's inspired by the blue wolf form of Raiju, but in that case the whole "wolf" thing just seems secondary. Primarily, based on this, I'd say they both are primarily Raiju maned wolves.

Eh, I can see the maned wolf part, at least due to the name, but I was mostly referring to the Raiju part. Sure, it's not a full wolf, but it's something, right?

So, this image has been floating around Tumblr recently:
tumblr_inline_ody4ha6zZj1so6dd5_540.png
I have no idea what the source of this is, but what it suggests is that the starter's final forms are version exclusive like Lycanroc is, which, if true, might not sit well with a lot of fans, especially those who have pre-ordered one version. I have a hard time believing this because there was no source given for this image, it just appeared on one blog and I haven't seen it on any other site.

While I know the rumor of there being a split evolution for the starters has been a popular one, the Chinese leak, which has been accurate so far, states otherwise. While the silhouettes for the Moon version match up with the starter evolution concept art, which also match up with what the Chinese leak states, the Sun version silhouettes don't match up with any known source, plus they contradict what a recent leak from the same leaker has shown which shows that the starter finals that we have seen since June are indeed the ones we have seen for months.

Since no source is given for this image or the Sun silhouettes (and the lack of any mid-stages shown for the starters), I'm going to say "citation needed" for this image.

While I know the rumor of there being a split evolution for the starters has been a popular one, the Chinese leak, which has been accurate so far, states otherwise.

Actually, the Chinese Leak doesn't state otherwise at all. About Rockruff it only said "Rockruff evolves into a werewolf", without mentioning the other form. So the Leak saying that the "Starter's final forms with be an archer, a wrestler and a siren." doesn't mean that they won't all have second forms too.

As for the pic: a lot of stuff floating around on Tumblr is fake, so we'll really need a source for that to give it any credit, could very easily have been photoshopped.

So, this image has been floating around Tumblr recently:
tumblr_inline_ody4ha6zZj1so6dd5_540.png
I have no idea what the source of this is, but what it suggests is that the starter's final forms are version exclusive like Lycanroc is, which, if true, might not sit well with a lot of fans, especially those who have pre-ordered one version. I have a hard time believing this because there was no source given for this image, it just appeared on one blog and I haven't seen it on any other site.

While I know the rumor of there being a split evolution for the starters has been a popular one, the Chinese leak, which has been accurate so far, states otherwise. While the silhouettes for the Moon version match up with the starter evolution concept art, which also match up with what the Chinese leak states, the Sun version silhouettes don't match up with any known source, plus they contradict what a recent leak from the same leaker has shown which shows that the starter finals that we have seen since June are indeed the ones we have seen for months.

Since no source is given for this image or the Sun silhouettes (and the lack of any mid-stages shown for the starters), I'm going to say "citation needed" for this image.

That's a screenshot from theoneintegral's video about his theory of split forms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom