• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
People were complaining about a HM Slave taking a spot in the team. So a forced and possibly disliked starter would be the same concept.

For me, I feel it is not the same as HM moves are annoying and often not as good as what other moves could be. On top of it you have to go to a move deleter. At least with a disliked starter, you can still battle well. just me.

I was just ask a question, What's the difference between Z-Forms and Z-Evolution
Well neither are confirmed yet so it's not like it matters. IMHO neither will happen either, but anyways. I can assume that if you used a z-move with a pokemon that can z-evolve then it will evolve during the battle and probably revert afterwards. And I'd guess that z forms would work exactly the same but instead of becoming more powerful they'd probably just chang stats or something

/vp/ - Pokemon Sun & Moon Story & Character Info - Pokémon - 4chan

This may be a huge load of bollocks, but I actually like the ideas lol. All of these things I could genuinely see happening.

I don't understand why anyone would want to box starters, I mean its a starter, just pick the one you like the most or hate the least. Using them sometimes helps a person to start liking them better afterall. Because they have a significant plot reference, and its possible they are locked, it may explain why GF decided to do split forms, because at least this way there is more of a chance someone will like one of the starters and have less negative feed back on S/M.

XD I don't understand what you don't understand about it... some people hate the starters and would rather they not take up a precious slot in their team. Especially when you only have six slots and hundreds of pokemon to choose from, having a starter forced to take up one of those slots is incredibly grating. And forcing you to use it can make people hate them even more... like being stuck on a long road trip with an annoying sibling or cousin. Being trapped with them for hours on end doesn't make their annoying traits any more endearing than when you started, and if you do find yourself liking it- that's probably not love, that's Stockholm Syndrome and I think you can get help for that.

I'm really surprised at how few spoilers are presented in the English press review. One thing that's jumped out at me was the "Seven Trials" Are these how many trials the reviewer got to/through or is that the total amount of trials Kukui/Hau tells us we have to go through in total?

For me, I feel it is not the same as HM moves are annoying and often not as good as what other moves could be. On top of it you have to go to a move deleter. At least with a disliked starter, you can still battle well. just me.
It wouldn't inconvenience me since I always use my starter for the main game, but nobody should be forced to use a pokemon. This is actually another reason why I dislike HM, because you are out of luck if your current team isn't capable of learning a required one.

/vp/ - Pokemon Sun & Moon Story & Character Info - Pokémon - 4chan

This may be a huge load of bollocks, but I actually like the ideas lol. All of these things I could genuinely see happening.

Halfway through the thread they called Silvadi a person, so yeah, probably fake.

I'm really surprised at how few spoilers are presented in the English press review. One thing that's jumped out at me was the "Seven Trials" Are these how many trials the reviewer got to/through or is that the total amount of trials Kukui/Hau tells us we have to go through in total?

The people who were allowed to play the games were also given a list of things that they weren't allowed to mention, so there weren't really going to be any spoilers. The previews are just to give readers a general impression of how some of the changes work and how the games handle.

They were also only allowed to play for two hours, and only a few of them even reached the first trial. Absolutely none of the previewers made it through seven trials in that amount of time.

Therefore, the games either do say "Seven Trials" outright somewhere, or the person typing it may have misunderstood something, or simply made a typo.

They could have meant "several" instead of "seven," I know that's an easy mistake.

(You know, I can't help but think that this conversation would be better-suited to the actual previews thread. :p)

It is true that the Nintendo Insider preview originally said:

> "Trainers must work their way across the four islands, clearing seven trials before they are deemed worthy enough to face each island’s Kahuna on their quest to become the Island Challenge Champion."

... and then corrected "seven" to "several." However, I think it is worth noting that the Digital Spy preview says:

> "You're fighting to be crowned the "Island Challenge Champion" by working your way through the Seven Trials and learning from the Kahunas across the new Alola region, which is absolutely stunning by the way."

... which has not been edited, and grammatically, "seven" isn't as easily replaced with "several" here, due to the preceding "the" in the sentence. "Working your way through the Several Trials"? :confused:

A possibility is that there are seven, and either they weren't supposed to mention that (and Digital Spy just hasn't noticed their slip-up yet), or, alternatively, Digital Spy did mean to say "seven," while Nintendo Insider meant to say "several" just made a coincidental typo (as you say, an easy one to make).

The seven was written in German and Spanish too, so I don't know what's going on.

(You know, I can't help but think that this conversation would be better-suited to the actual previews thread. :p)

> "Trainers must work their way across the four islands, clearing seven trials before they are deemed worthy enough to face each island’s Kahuna on their quest to become the Island Challenge Champion."

... and then corrected "seven" to "several." However, I think it is worth noting that the Digital Spy preview says:

> "You're fighting to be crowned the "Island Challenge Champion" by working your way through the Seven Trials and learning from the Kahunas across the new Alola region, which is absolutely stunning by the way."

... which has not been edited, and grammatically, "seven" isn't as easily replaced with "several" here, due to the preceding "the" in the sentence. "Working your way through the Several Trials"? :confused:

A possibility is that there are seven, and either they weren't supposed to mention that (and Digital Spy just hasn't noticed their slip-up yet), or, alternatively, Digital Spy did mean to say "seven," while Nintendo Insider just made a coincidental typo (as you say, an easy one to make).

I honestly hadn't read it, I was just supplying a possibility. XD

They could have meant "several" instead of "seven," I know that's an easy mistake.
two outlets would have made that mistake then and importantly, one corrected it (Nintendo Insider) while the other has it up still (Digital Spy). oh...and the Dutch review mentions seven as well. with Ilima confirmed to be on Melemele and Verdant Cavern confirmed to be the first trial, it doesn't surprise me that there really isn't more.

A possibility is that there are seven, and either they weren't supposed to mention that (and Digital Spy just hasn't noticed their slip-up yet), or, alternatively, Digital Spy did mean to say "seven," while Nintendo Insider meant to say "several" just made a coincidental typo (as you say, an easy one to make).
It was that string of "coincidences" that made me think this might have been an unintended leak and thus appropriate for this thread.

And by the way, you could be surprised by what some players can accomplish in two hours. While they aren't generally filled up by the ranks of the premiere speed runners, reviewers are trying to experience as much of the content as they can. If there is a large enough amount of trials, then I could see learning about seven or more of them in an allotted 2 hours without getting to all of them.

it doesn't surprise me that there really isn't more.
I myself am a little surprised that there would only be 7 trials across 4 islands. I was expecting something divisible by 4. The distribution of trials gets a little weird with remainders this way.

So, let's discuss Shiruvadi.

Something interesting to not is that "shiruba", in Japanese, is one way to say "silver". As V's don't exist in that language, technically.

So. Silvadi?

What would also be great is if the CoroCoro leaker would leak the other pages. Since when do we only get one page on CoroCoro leak day??

Seven works if they are distributed between three islands, and Melemele only has one trial. But then what exactly awaits us on the final island other than the final Kahuna and version mascot? A huge fight with the Ultra Beasts?

Complaining that 7 is less than 8 is a bit silly.

Back
Top Bottom