• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Z-Forms will still happen most likely. I think I remember some time ago, the riddler said there is somethig that isnt alola forms or totem pokemon that is coming and will get a lot of marketing. What else couod it be? Also the chinese leak being wrong in one of the most biggest peices of information? Yet right om everything else? I think Greninja and co do infact get Z-Forms but Ash Greninja is just like the Mega Rayquaza of this generation... No need for a stone. And tha ability serves as a debuff (since it doesnt need a stone) by making you have to KO a pokemon first. Also if it didnt do more than Z-Moves, why call it Z-Power? It is literally the Z-Power button. Why not just call it Z-Moves. Just something I saw pointed out a few times so I thought id mention them

Major leaks getting details wrong is definitely not out of the realm of possibility. The XY leak got details on Fairy types wrong, the starter typings wrong, said there would be two professors, and a few other things, yet that leak was by far the most reliable leak we got in Gen 6. So the Chinese leak mentioning it doesn't automatically mean it has to be present, it could've been a mistake, they could've mixed up details, and so on.

Also, I don't see why Ash-Greninja would be a part of Z-forms, yet miss the crucial detail that would tie them together. If it's supposed to be the thing that advertises it initially to the masses, then it makes more sense for it to keep the crystal mechanic intact in the games then to do something different from the bunch. So I can't see Ash-Greninja being a part of Z-forms, much less getting both when they spent the majority of their type being up that form before.

Z-Forms will still happen most likely. I think I remember some time ago, the riddler said there is somethig that isnt alola forms or totem pokemon that is coming and will get a lot of marketing. What else couod it be? Also the chinese leak being wrong in one of the most biggest peices of information? Yet right om everything else? I think Greninja and co do infact get Z-Forms but Ash Greninja is just like the Mega Rayquaza of this generation... No need for a stone. And tha ability serves as a debuff (since it doesnt need a stone) by making you have to KO a pokemon first. Also if it didnt do more than Z-Moves, why call it Z-Power? It is literally the Z-Power button. Why not just call it Z-Moves. Just something I saw pointed out a few times so I thought id mention them
As I fine if they do or don't exist, I wouldn't blow and go "they most likely" will happen, it's slim but still possible, but I wouldn't say "most likely" just yet, even though there might seem to be hints that there are. Data mining season starts in a few days, we might find out then.

As I fine if they do or don't exist, I wouldn't blow and go "they most likely" will happen, it's slim but still possible, but I wouldn't say "most likely" just yet, even though there might seem to be hints that there are. Data mining season starts in a few days, we might find out then.

:/ i don't like datamining. It feels like cheating to me. I hope it's mildly unsuccessful. A little info would be nice, but it's just not any fun if they get all of the info before the release.

alright i'm cool now, but it's good we got jangmo-o evolution, type:null evolution and new alolan grimer and muk, i can wait for the demo, but i can't wait for the game

Haha you double posted again make sure you don't do that. You'll get in trouble for it.

I'm not sure what to think about this 80 new Pokemon rumour now...

I mean we already have 53 Pokemon revealed and presumably we're probably going to get a handful more before release. (A Pikipek evolution seems like a pretty safe bet at least)

Unless Gamefreak just don't care about surprises anymore....which I guess is totally possible.

Z-Forms are ultimately impossible to prove to be false until the game comes out, people are just stating their opinions.

That being said I honestly don't believe that they will be a thing, especially since they have just over a month to promote it before the game is released. not lookin' likely.

I honestly don't care though, I'm not a big fan of the gimmick transformations, I like my pokemon to be the same all the time without form changing and mega evolving and Z-Forming etc all over the place. Consistency is my friend i guess.

Has anyone read about tsareena's bio? I'm curious to see if she has a regular evolution or something else. Something about the way they mention it sticks out to me.

Well! I'll be leaving "Leaks" aside now and never to come back (until Gen 8).

@Soki Get on updating that first page :) Thank you for being so lovely!
@Esserise For your facts and responses. And for changing your avatar a lot, I enjoyed that.
@lavandula For your chinese translations.
Thanks, everyone else, for keeping me entertained with your comments and findings.

I'm still waiting for the Alolan Arcanine, catching UBs and having the SS Anne in-game! Still hope...
Enjoy the game everyone.

After watching the last Pokémon generations i haved a little theory...

Courtney haved a Vision of team magma getting killed by Groudon...And what about if in SM,Lusamine will have vision like courtney in the last Pokémon generations episode?

i mean...lusamine having visions about Ultra Beast after seeimg UB01 will be interesting :0

Of all non-Legendary and non-Mythical Pokemon up to gen 6, 9.13% are not part of an evolutionary line.

Based on this, using what we have in info from Pokemon sun and moon confirmed info we can see that:

We have seen 61 non-legendary Pokemon so far, we can assume that the starters have a 3rd evolution and that Meowth does indeed evolve into an Aloloan Perisan so 64 Pokemon total

Of those 64 non legendary Pokemon 14 have not received a confirmed evolution. this is 21.8% of all the Pokemon shown, which is far higher than 9.13% and higher than the highest generation, generation 3 which had 15.81% of Pokemon not be part of an evolutionary line.

If we assume that there will be 80 new pokemon, including alolan forms, then this percentage would be 17.5%.

If we assume that Pikipek, Wimpod, Salandit and Morelul will get an evo, or any 4 Pokemon of the current 14 pokemon we currently believe to be standalone, then the percentage falls to 12.5% of 80 pokemon (The rumoured total) and 15.6% of the 64 pokemon we have had confirmed.

This makes me think that about 4-5 of the current pokemon we know to be standalone pokemon will evolve or have a pre-evo, assuming that there will not be any more standalone pokemon introduced in this generation.

If I did any errors in maths please correct me, but for the most part the numbers are generally correct as far as I am aware.

I'm aware that alone this means literally nothing, Alola could be a freak statistically in this regard, but averages do give us some form of idea of a rough estimate, so I thought I would just let you guys know anyway. take it with a pinch- no, a heap of salt.

I don't think z forms will be a thing... it seems to me to make no sense. If we got z forms I think it would be a minor change in design, because why add z forms when we have Megas? Also it wouldn't make sense for new Pokémon to get another form. We should be happy either way if they exist or not. Nintendo has worked very hard on this game, and it truly is great to be able to do the things we want even if every feature we want isn't in it. IMO at least

Am I the only one who just realized this phrasing???

88c7e15fb33f4dca84b3d87ea38de889.png

TO QUOTE:

...."Any of these Mega-Evolving Pokemon that can be caught in the Alola region will be able to Mega Evolve..."

Do we take this literally? does this mean that if a pokemon is not able to be found in Sun and Moon without importing from previous gen's then it can't mega evolve?

Does that mean that every pokemon that has been shown to Mega Evolve in sun and moon is able to be obtained without transfer in pokemon Sun/Moon???

That would apply to Kangaskhan, Lucario, Alakazam, Gardevoir, Pinsir, and anything else I can't recall seeing mega evolve in any source we've seen so far.

If this is true this could potentially be very interesting since some mega's will simply cease to be a thing if it is literal in its phrasing.

Probably not though hopefully? thoughts?

I'm not sure what to think about this 80 new Pokemon rumour now...

I mean we already have 53 Pokemon revealed and presumably we're probably going to get a handful more before release. (A Pikipek evolution seems like a pretty safe bet at least)

Unless Gamefreak just don't care about surprises anymore....which I guess is totally possible.
When XY were released, every Pokemon, except for Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion had been revealed in one way or another.
Including mega evolutions.
So unless this game has much more Pokémon to reveal, then we are dwindling down with reveals and can probably only expect 4-5 more Pokémon revealed before the games are released.

When does the data mining starts? give me the date

The demo comes out on Tuesday the 18th at 12am local time, meaning that Japan gets it hours before Europe and America do, but the main people who are going to be doing the datamining have Japanese 3DS' and live on the west coast of the US, meaning that when the demo goes live at Tuesday midnight on the Japanese store, it will be Monday 8am for them.

So basically, the datamining will officially begin Monday the 17th of October at 8am PT/11am ET/3pm GMT.

Enjoy your last weekend of being spoiler free people, the ride is about to start.

Do we take this literally? does this mean that if a pokemon is not able to be found in Sun and Moon without importing from previous gen's then it can't mega evolve?

Does that mean that every pokemon that has been shown to Mega Evolve in sun and moon is able to be obtained without transfer in pokemon Sun/Moon???
I think it's important to read the full sentence in this case. At least, that's what I think. It goes...
"... any of these Mega-Evolving Pokemon that can be caught in the Alola region will be able to evolve in Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, as well."
I think this simply means that there will at least be a selection of Pokemon available in the Alola Region that have a Mega Evolution from a previous game.

When XY were released, every Pokemon, except for Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion had been revealed in one way or another.
So unless this game has much more Pokémon to reveal, then we are dwindling down with reveals and can probably only expect 4-5 more Pokémon revealed before the games are released.

No. They officially revealed 42 of 72 pokémon with XY. Then leaks happened when people got the game two weeks early.

They did reveal everything for ORAS though.

Riddler's new post:

1. Based on what he have said about Olivia (her's identity are exactly the same with someone else), he said it's "exactly the same", the information we know today is not enough to describe as "exactly the same".

2. I will try to translate this as close as possible:
"Now everyone definitely understands/know about a certain "quite famous" leak, he mentioned "Pokemon league". In fact, all official news hasn't mentioned anything about Pokemon league or Pokemon gyms, etc. The company feels like it very easy for fans to understanding and accept these things like "Island challenge". One thing very fun is these days, the foreign news and media preview and rating, there someone asks them about their thought, revolution or celebration, deny all the former's work, look like change all these things are useless. In the end, to know it will bringing a whole new experience or not, it's base on player go try it for their self, maybe hardcore players will not like it, who know?

Go back to the original post, it's said no Pokemon league and E4, then talk about we will have E4 later, I will ask you guys one thing, maybe no one consider about this: "E4 are formed by who then?" E4 exist or not, I think we don't need to think too much, that leak definitely said E4 will appear after Pokemon league was built, so the candidate for E4 is not that simple, what are "position" of Island Challenges, what is the truth of Pokemon league in series? This game will answer all of that. Btw, who is Champion, how many are there? We will find the truth in 11/18."

Is he still barking up that league creation tree? I like the concept but it feels very unlikely at this point.

That's not true though? The final starter evos, the Goomy Line, and the Pumpkaboo line didn't show up out of leaks.

Riddler's new post:

1. Based on what he have said about Olivia (her's identity are exactly the same with someone else), he said it's "exactly the same", the information we know today is not enough to describe as "exactly the same".

2. I will try to translate this as close as possible:
"Now everyone definitely understands/know about a certain "quite famous" leak, he mentioned "Pokemon league". In fact, all official news hasn't mentioned anything about Pokemon league or Pokemon gyms, etc. The company feels like it very easy for fans to understanding and accept these things like "Island challenge". One thing very fun is these days, the foreign news and media preview and rating, there someone asks them about their thought, revolution or celebration, deny all the former's work, look like change all these things are useless. In the end, to know it will bringing a whole new experience or not, it's base on player go try it for their self, maybe hardcore players will not like it, who know?

Go back to the original post, it's said no Pokemon league and E4, then talk about we will have E4 later, I will ask you guys one thing, maybe no one consider about this: "E4 are formed by who then?" E4 exist or not, I think we don't need to think too much, that leak definitely said E4 will appear after Pokemon league was built, so the candidate for E4 is not that simple, what are "position" of Island Challenges, what is the truth of Pokemon league in series? This game will answer all of that. Btw, who is Champion, how many are there? We will find the truth in 11/18."
Olivia's Chinese name is exactly the same with Sabrina's Hong Kong name.
Maybe that is what he meant by "exactly the same".

what is the truth of Pokemon league in series?

The "truth" of the League is that it's not something that really warrants any super-secret backstory. In my opinion, at least. They've got a good, straightforward thing here with the island challenge. I really don't see the point of involving a League.

Back
Top Bottom