• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Let's face the facts here. We really don't know jack about the actual gameplay. Yes it had a lot of general pokemon basics. Catch pokemon, train, battle. We know there are challenges and trials, but as for the actual story we do not know anything. We don't know what the trials intel. There could be some sort of league, or maybe we build it. The fact is we have no idea how it's going to be. Just that it's different than any pokemon we have played before.

Let's face the facts here. We really don't know jack about the actual gameplay. Yes it had a lot of general pokemon basics. Catch pokemon, train, battle. We know there are challenges and trials, but as for the actual story we do not know anything. We don't know what the trials intel. There could be some sort of league, or maybe we build it. The fact is we have no idea how it's going to be. Just that it's different than any pokemon we have played before.
Well we do have an idea of what three trials are. Mallow's is to look for some ingredients in the jungle, Lana's is to find an upset pokemon and calm it down, and Kiawe's is paying attention to certain dances.

Based on what he have said about Olivia (her's identity are exactly the same with someone else), he said it's "exactly the same", the information we know today is not enough to describe as "exactly the same".

Calling it now, Olivia is either Candela's older sister or they're the same person with two diffrent jobs moonlighting as two diffrent type experts.

Why are people counting on data mining the demo? Would GameFreak be stupid enough to put all the data in the demo again like in ORAS?

Why are people counting on data mining the demo? Would GameFreak be stupid enough to put all the data in the demo again like in ORAS?

All the data being in the demo has nothing to do with stupidity, it's due to the fact that trying to scrub data out of things like demos is time consuming, costly and risky as all hell since it can completely break the game. It's the reason why for example that many games have loads of unused assets left in the code (AZ's Floette is probably a perfect example of this), not out of laziness or incompetence on the devs part, but because trying to remove them rendered part of the game(or even the whole game) unplayable, and thus devs left them in.

So yeah, anyone expecting GF to scrub the demo shouldn't get their hopes up, if they care enough and are willing to put in the time and money they could do it, but the fact that they seem to be rushing to show us everything the game has before the demo drops(todays trailer was the epitome of this) tells me that they expect the whole game to be datamined.

Last edited:
Likely since they brought back customization for SM and left out Battle Frontier in ORAS. So they could repeat that mistake again.

How big is 400 MB? Cause that's how big the demo is supposed to be.

The demo size is irrelevant when it comes to datamining since the text files we need to learn everything about the game are tiny, like really tiny, and will only take up about 2MB of space all together.

The demo could be 100MB in size and we would still be able to learn everything about the game.

I noticed on the Japanese website that it shows the evolution lines for Alolan forms under their bio. It shows Pichu > Pikachu > Alolan Raichu but does not show Cubone > Alolan Marowak?
I wouldn't get too into it. Cubone was shown to evolve in Alolan Marowak so that confirms no Alola Cubone.

The demo size is irrelevant when it comes to datamining since the text files we need to learn everything about the game are tiny, like really tiny, and will only take up about 2MB of space all together.

The demo could be 100MB in size and we would still be able to learn everything about the game.

Thats not entirely true. I highly doubt you can learn everything about the game just by datamining. I also do not think thats why they asked the question. Probably just wanting to know the size. Still I don't know why you would want to learn everything there is to know about it through datamining. It takes all the fun out of it, and you can't even play it. Eventually they will stop doing demos if you really can pull everything out which I seriously doubt. With oras it didn't matter. Because aside from a couple of differences it's the same game we had before so they probably did not care, but i'm pretty sure there was a demo for xy and they did not get everything out then.

Thats not entirely true. I highly doubt you can learn everything about the game just by datamining.

Not "everything" but you can learn a hell of a lot.

Still I don't know why you would want to learn everything there is to know about it through datamining. It takes all the fun out of it, and you can't even play it.

Some people (such as myself) just aren't affected by spoilers. In many cases that actually just creates more things to be excited about.

but i'm pretty sure there was a demo for xy and they did not get everything out then.

There was, but I don't think it was publicly available in the way that the ORAS and SM demos are. If I recall, the "demo" was available at specific, monitored events so of course nobody was able to mine it.

Well, the moment you've all been waiting for (judging by the amount of mentions I got :p):

Correct:

Riddler Leaks: "Ilima is a Trial Captain and Raichi's identity is the same as another guy." Ilima is indeed a Trial Captain and Raichi (Olivia) is a Kahuna, the same as another guy (Hala).

False:
Anon drawing leaks: Alolan Muk and Cutiefly's evo don't look like the drawings.
Game half finished leak: says Alolan Grimer and Muk will be Fire-type.
4chan drawing leaks: says Alolan Grimer and Muk will be Ground-type. Also says Bounsweet will inherit the Fire-type when it evolves and that its name is Pepperot.
Gummy leaks: "Jangmo-o's final evo is Kishiraco (Dragon/Steel)".

I think that's about it. Interestingly enough, none of the leaks seem to say anything about the other Kahuna's, so nothing to disprove based on Olivia's reveal.

Updating the OP now. As usual, do tell me if I missed something ^^

The ORAS demo's main issue was it was built upon a pre-existing older version of the game and blocked off everything outside of Mossdeep and added a few small maps of it's own. So everything that was already in the game that was too hard to remove were possibly left in to keep another missing no situation from happening again.

Who knows, maybe the sun and moon demo was created alongside the main game and made from scratch or at least from an earlier part of the game than whatever mossdeep was. In which case we will know noting outside of some borrowed textures and models.

Also I dont remember all the text being leaked back then. Just some trainer pictures, early incomplete models/textures of the new megas, and the text needed for the demo and mossdeep.

Well, the moment you've all been waiting for (judging by the amount of mentions I got :p):

Correct:

Riddler Leaks: "Ilima is a Trial Captain and Raichi's identity is the same as another guy." Ilima is indeed a Trial Captain and Raichi (Olivia) is a Kahuna, the same as another guy (Hala).

False:
Anon drawing leaks: Alolan Muk and Cutiefly's evo don't look like the drawings.
Game half finished leak: says Alolan Grimer and Muk will be Fire-type.
4chan drawing leaks: says Alolan Grimer and Muk will be Ground-type. Also says Bounsweet will inherit the Fire-type when it evolves and that its name is Pepperot.
Gummy leaks: "Jangmo-o's final evo is Kishiraco (Dragon/Steel)".

I think that's about it. Interestingly enough, none of the leaks seem to say anything about the other Kahuna's, so nothing to disprove based on Olivia's reveal.

Updating the OP now. As usual, do tell me if I missed something ^^

Do you think we should update all his quick hint too? Like he just said something about Pokemon league and Olivia.

1 and 2 are about Salandit and starter. You already updated it in OP.
3 is about Pokemon hiding in Lillie's bag. He said that Pokemon in his updated chart.
4. He said that name of one of three Tapu left can be found in the design of Type: Null. It doesn't mean Type:Null and Tapu have any relation.
5 and 6 are in this post

Riddler's new post:

1. Based on what he have said about Olivia (her's identity are exactly the same with someone else), he said it's "exactly the same", the information we know today is not enough to describe as "exactly the same".

2. I will try to translate this as close as possible:
"Now everyone definitely understands/know about a certain "quite famous" leak, he mentioned "Pokemon league". In fact, all official news hasn't mentioned anything about Pokemon league or Pokemon gyms, etc. The company feels like it very easy for fans to understanding and accept these things like "Island challenge". One thing very fun is these days, the foreign news and media preview and rating, there someone asks them about their thought, revolution or celebration, deny all the former's work, look like change all these things are useless. In the end, to know it will bringing a whole new experience or not, it's base on player go try it for their self, maybe hardcore players will not like it, who know?

Go back to the original post, it's said no Pokemon league and E4, then talk about we will have E4 later, I will ask you guys one thing, maybe no one consider about this: "E4 are formed by who then?" E4 exist or not, I think we don't need to think too much, that leak definitely said E4 will appear after Pokemon league was built, so the candidate for E4 is not that simple, what are "position" of Island Challenges, what is the truth of Pokemon league in series? This game will answer all of that. Btw, who is Champion, how many are there? We will find the truth in 11/18."

Back
Top Bottom