• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Oh wow, Crabrawler evolves into a yeti crab.

Sounds like it'll be our first Ice/Fighting type. That's pretty cool. Very unexpected, for sure! I figured Crabrawler would be a standalone.

Doesn't make sense why they would scrub some and leave some, unless those are expected to be revealed soon, but the amount that was mined is waaayyy more than the number that they usually reveal at one time.

I just think it's really suspicious that they scrubbed almost every base stat, move, ability, etc. Like, they went to the trouble of scrubbing a LOT of things, including the full numerical Pokedex, but left behind all these Pokemon models? Something seems intentional here. Sounds crazy, but I'm wondering if they still have some surprises left.

And I know it sounds petty, but Komala not having an evolution is just plain silly imo. It looks so weak, Komala is begging for an evolution. I have a weaker, yet similar opinion about a couple of others, like Cutiefly. It's evolution really has that awkward mid-stage feel to me, idk. I also expected several more Alolan forms (and general Pokemon that I assumed should be present in a region based on Hawaii). I also just felt like there would be more Alolan forms, and maybe even a new Mega or two. I could be wrong, it just doesn't feel complete, as if they purposefully scrubbed exactly what they wanted to hide.

Eh.

I'm pretty disappointed that the Toucan is Pikipek's evo. Thought it'd be a separate 'mon and I had my heart set on a steel/flying cavalier woodpecker *sigh*

Not keen on Wimpod or Crabrawler's evolutions, either.

This has turned out to be pretty disappointing for me. There's way less I like than in XY. The only whole lines I actively like are Salandit and Rowlett

I just think it's really suspicious that they scrubbed almost every base stat, move, ability, etc. Like, they went to the trouble of scrubbing a LOT of things, including the full numerical Pokedex, but left behind all these Pokemon models?
of course then that begs the question: why start scrubbing the Dex only to stop and leave a bunch of "core" reveals (re: Tapus, UBs, starter3s, etc) and other unrevealed Pokemon?

of course then that begs the question: why start scrubbing the Dex only to stop and leave a bunch of "core" reveals (re: Tapus, UBs, starter3s, etc) and other unrevealed Pokemon?

Honestly, I don't know. I could be wrong and crazy. It just seems weird that they went to the effort of scrubbing so many things, but then left behind all the Pokemon.

I don't doubt that they've moved away from third-version games, but I got the impression that Marshadow was related to them after all?

Actually on that note, how certain are the dataminers that the Solgaleo/Lunala pre-evolutions actually are pre-evolutions, and not forms?
I thought about that too.
But maybe Marshadow is something like the Mew of this gen.

Doesn't make sense why they would scrub some and leave some, unless those are expected to be revealed soon, but the amount that was mined is waaayyy more than the number that they usually reveal at one time.
Unless they were expecting us to do it and had a plan b. Which I would expect that they would learn from the oras demo, it's a possibility that they might have planned for us to datamine it for all we know.

Honestly, I don't know. I could be wrong and crazy. It just seems weird that they went to the effort of scrubbing so many things, but then left behind all the Pokemon.

This is literally the oddest thing about this imo. Everything unrevealed was removed, bar the 3D models. Maybe they left them in for compatibility issues?

Game Freak, historically, suck at keeping things secret. Reason inclines me to think they genuinely botched this one, and are indeed not a cabal of 4D chess-playing masterminds whose scheme to protect their surprises is so complex that it involves "allowing" most of the unrevealed Pokémon and all of the Ultra Beasts to be dug up and spoiled early.

This is curious. There still may be stuff in the full game we haven't seen yet, like Solgaleo's Radiant Sun and Lunala's Full Moon phases. That being said, I've almost given up hope on there being more hidden pokemon.

EDIT: Also, I'm a bit disappointed that there are so many stand alone pokemon in this gen than in XY. It's sad that Komala doesn't evolve because it doesn't seem like it will be able to stand up to other pokemon, and it had such a promising ability.

Game Freak, historically, suck at keeping things secret. Reason inclines me to think they genuinely botched this one, and are indeed not a cabal of 4D chess-playing masterminds whose scheme to protect their surprises is so complex that it involves "allowing" most of the unrevealed Pokémon and all of the Ultra Beasts to be dug up and spoiled early.

I think we all would be impressed if they proved within the next month that the dataminers truly had been played. I mean, it would be a brilliant move on their part- leave all this stuff in for us to dig up just to keep us talking about it for the final month, just to drop the curtain with a few big surprises left. Especially if some of the goofy Alolan forms turned out to be a joke. >.>

Buuut as genius as that would be, I do doubt it very much. XD

I think we all would be impressed if they proved within the next month that the dataminers truly had been played. I mean, it would be a brilliant move on their part- leave all this stuff in for us to dig up just to keep us talking about it for the final month, just to drop the curtain with a few big surprises left. Especially if some of the goofy Alolan forms turned out to be a joke. >.>

Buuut as genius as that would be, I do doubt it very much. XD

If they actually manage to pull that off, then I'd be both legitimately surprised and impressed. It's thoughts like that that make me cling on to hope that we have yet to see everything, and that they learned from the ORAS demo scenario. I still feel that there are at least some bits we haven't seen yet, and GF is actually doing something rather clever. Since they probably knew that the data mining would follow immediately after releasing the demo, it could be possible that they let us find some stuff, but kept the rest hidden and out of the demo's data.

...Of course I could be completely overestimating GF here and they actually blew it again. We shall see.

Wow So Solgaleo and Lunala Actually have some sort of pre evos. Cool First time for everything. I wonder how they'll be implemented lol

If they actually manage to pull that off, then I'd be both legitimately surprised and impressed. It's thoughts like that that make me cling on to hope that we have yet to see everything, and that they learned from the ORAS demo scenario. I still feel that there are at least some bits we haven't seen yet, and GF is actually doing something rather clever. Since they probably knew that the data mining would follow immediately after releasing the demo, it could be possible that they let us find some stuff, but kept the rest hidden and out of the demo's data.

...Of course I could be completely overestimating GF here and they actually blew it again. We shall see.
I REALLY hope this is the case, that there are unreleased pokemon and forms they scrubbed out of the demo on purpose so they could dump it towards the release for a surprise, but I just can't see GF being two steps ahead like that :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom