• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Do you think DP remake will either on 3DS, NX (Official name is Nintendo Switch), or Both
I think they might be switching over, what I'm confused about is, what else would it be? Doesn't seem like sun and moon won't have a follow up. One of the only choices would be dp remakes, unless, by then, they could do a gen 8 (which I doubt) and try to pull anoth 60-80 Pokemon out their... Nvm...( I'm not making fun of the number of pokes, just don't know how they are going to have 8th gen by then)I'm just guessing do remakes for now..

This is a random question but I'm curious did they have time to change the final evolutions for the starters this guy I talk to on Facebook was talking about how upset he was that they didn't change them to keep the hype and surprise going and also their final forms was not even put into the game at that point, I'm happy with the final forms especially rowlet's final evo but I'm curious could they have change them at that point in time

This is a random question but I'm curious did they have time to change the final evolutions for the starters this guy I talk to on Facebook was talking about how upset he was that they didn't change them to keep the hype and surprise going and also their final forms was not even put into the game at that point, I'm happy with the final forms especially rowlet's final evo but I'm curious could they have change them at that point in time
No, there's no way they couldn't. They've already coded their movesets, stats, and character models into the game, not to mention gave them concept art for the anime. Game development and animation have a significant lead time.

No. It's way to late too change them now. Sorry, but that gut is just going to have to deal.

I'm still trying to determine when exactly the publishing and distribution part of the development chain for Sun and Moon began, but there probably wasn't time to change the starter evolutions.

Alolan Persian isn't fat, his head just got rounder and more cartoony and now he looks more like a cat from the newspaper funnies than the ultra-naturalistic feline his original evoked. Which is kind of unfortunate, given that he now looks less dark and sinister, as a Dark type, than he did in his Normal form but, nevertheless, something about his goofiness is growing on me.

What if Alolan Persian is supposed to emulate a type of cat that got extra chubby due to being spoiled by its rich family? lol

What if Alolan Persian is supposed to emulate a type of cat that got extra chubby due to being spoiled by its rich family? lol
If that were the case, then why isn't the rest of Alolan Persian's body fat like its head is?

Alolan Persian isn't fat, his head just got rounder and more cartoony and now he looks more like a cat from the newspaper funnies than the ultra-naturalistic feline his original evoked. Which is kind of unfortunate, given that he now looks less dark and sinister, as a Dark type, than he did in his Normal form but, nevertheless, something about his goofiness is growing on me.
If it isn't fat, than maybe Alolan Persain became more intelligent and is a Dark/Psychic type? After all, a lot of cartoons, and some other forms of media, associate a large head as having a larger brain as a testament to how smart someone or something is. Game Freak could be using that concept for Alolan Persian.

Granted, it doesn't help the design too much. However, it would at least offer a semi-decent explanation for why Alolan Persain has such a large head in comparison to the rest of its body.

You guys are forgetting about Purugly...that cat got no love :(

tumblr_m3uaxl5LDg1qd87hlo1_500.gif

I think the problem with Purugly is right in the name. XD It wasn't meant to be a cute and loveable fatty cat.

If it was, its body shouldn't be skinny. XD

I have no clue then lol. I hope the descriptions will explain why its head is so huge.

Alolan Persian isn't fat though. It just has a wide, flat face like certain designer breeds do. Alolan Meowth and Persian are designer bred Pokemon after all.

I'm actually somewhat surprised to see the disproportionate distaste of Alolan Persian compared to its equivalent. In real life these cats and dogs are fiercely beloved by a huge subset of people.

Alolan Persian isn't fat though. It just has a wide, flat face like certain designer breeds do. Alolan Meowth and Persian are designer bred Pokemon after all.

I'm actually somewhat surprised to see the disproportionate distaste of Alolan Persian compared to its equivalent. In real life these cats and dogs are fiercely beloved by a huge subset of people.
I guess they just don't want to see it as a pokemon, or as a form of a past pokemon.

Nope, impossible. The final evos were leaked 4 months ago and GF said that it takes them 6 months to 1 year to finalise the design process of a Pokemon. Not to mention Gen VII merchandising and the SM anime were already well into the works.

If it isn't fat, than maybe Alolan Persain became more intelligent and is a Dark/Psychic type? After all, a lot of cartoons, and some other forms of media, associate a large head as having a larger brain as a testament to how smart someone or something is. Game Freak could be using that concept for Alolan Persian.

Granted, it doesn't help the design too much. However, it would at least offer a semi-decent explanation for why Alolan Persain has such a large head in comparison to the rest of its body.

I thought just the opposite. That Alolan Persian is so heavily inbred that its IQ is on the floor, thus accounting for its slightly dopier look.

I think the main issue is that it's terribly unbalanced. Those designer breeds have round heads and thick bodies. But Alolan Persian has a big round head and a very slim body, even if you compare it to regular Persian- Gyazo - a21d5fdef011a97fad28f69d979f19e0.gif
Regular Persian appears to be quite a bit thicker than Alolan Persian. So not only did they bloat its head, but they slimmed its body down in exchange, making the difference painfully drastic and gave the effect of a kitty bobblehead. If they had made the head smaller or kept the body thicker, or even fattened it up, it would look like a more balanced and proportionate creature and our focus wouldn't be so set upon its dopey face.

A Pokemon with a stupid design having a solid basis or explanation doesn't make it look any less stupid. The idea of making Alolan Persian be based on flat-faced designer cats is fine, it was just executed poorly.

I think the main issue is that it's terribly unbalanced. Those designer breeds have round heads and thick bodies.
As someone who works with these animals for a living, I can say that those cats don't always have thick bodies.

A Pokemon with a stupid design having a solid basis or explanation doesn't make it look any less stupid. The idea of making Alolan Persian be based on flat-faced designer cats is fine, it was just executed poorly.
My surprise holds. Breeds like pugs, bulldogs, and, persians, and exotic shorthairs look identically "stupid" and have serious congenital health defects to boot, and yet a huge percentage of people love their stupid, fucked-up faces. Make a Pokemon or two to represent them, and a huge percentage of fans just tirade over it.

EDIT: Also stupid is an opinion with a subjective set of criteria. Personally, having a solid basis and explanation outright precludes a design from being stupid. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom