• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Adventure started on: 12/5/2012

What?! :O
So we know the game data uses the 3DS system clock instead of an internal system, because the only way that date makes sense is if the owner fudged their system's DATE & TIME data.

I was pretty sure that was how it would work anyway but some people were guessing that the 12 hours apart feature meant the games had their own clocks.

The post you're responding to is pre-datamine... so, pre-anyone knowing about Cosmog and its evolution...

They said they could say with absolute certainty that there wouldn't be a legendary prevo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I told em I'd trade them a Lunaleo if they wanted, that offer is still valid :D

Yeah I just said that in my previous post.

I'm not denying the possibility but there's a list of Pokemon whose descriptions of their speed don't match with their base stats so I wouldn't put too much trust in that.
If it is sticking in this direction. Decidueye will end up with 85 base speed. It's not terrible but it's not great either. Would it kill GF to at least put it in the 90s?

If it is sticking in this direction. Decidueye will end up with 85 base speed. It's not terrible but it's not great either. Would it kill GF to at least put it in the 90s?

While I'm really hoping for Greninja/Sceptile levels of speed I would be content if it only had around 110 (same as Gengar iirc), but lower than that would be kinda disappointing...

I oughta just pray for 90s in this state. Otherwise we'll end up with a grass type Swampert.

Albeit one that can utilise spirit shackle leech seed substitute roost. Buuut it does seem odd that it wouldn't be speedy given it's design and description. Thinking on it, Noctowl is also slow compared to the other regional starter birds...

I guess their rushing through it with giving the major details hopefully not too much story.

We already have Trevenany and Gourgeist as slow bulky Grass/Ghost types, please GF make a radical change and make him lose defenses and gain massive speed!

So this might be completely off base but I think there is a possibility that whoever is leaking this information over on 4Chan may actually be one of those folks who got to play the game for like 2 hours under Nintendo supervision. I mean so far all that's been disclosed is information that could have been obtained during that time frame. I know the leaker has posted some photos but I don't find it beyond reason that one of these reviewers (often reviewing both games and tech) who were invited to play at Nintendo locations worldwide could rig up a hidden camera to themself and then just be pulling screenshots. I mean it may be out of left field but I feel like 11 days is still on the earlier side for stores to receive shipments of the game. Obviously if more information and photos surface from this person showing content that would feasibly be past the two hour mark of gameplay, then I speculated incorrectly. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's all we see for at least another four or five days and if so, I believe that's all the leaker was privy to know.

I want da Cutiefly infos

It'll be a matter of time till they get to Decidueye level requirement to see if the speed will be better.

So this might be completely off base but I think there is a possibility that whoever is leaking this information over on 4Chan may actually be one of those folks who got to play the game for like 2 hours under Nintendo supervision.

fdsfgd.jpg

Also, there's pictures with pieces of paper on the bottom screen, I very much doubt the Nintendo supervisors would not question that in any way :p

So this might be completely off base but I think there is a possibility that whoever is leaking this information over on 4Chan may actually be one of those folks who got to play the game for like 2 hours under Nintendo supervision. I mean so far all that's been disclosed is information that could have been obtained during that time frame. I know the leaker has posted some photos but I don't find it beyond reason that one of these reviewers (often reviewing both games and tech) who were invited to play at Nintendo locations worldwide could rig up a hidden camera to themself and then just be pulling screenshots. I mean it may be out of left field but I feel like 11 days is still on the earlier side for stores to receive shipments of the game. Obviously if more information and photos surface from this person showing content that would feasibly be past the two hour mark of gameplay, then I speculated incorrectly. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's all we see for at least another four or five days and if so, I believe that's all the leaker was privy to know.

Highly doubt they'd have nicknamed / been allowed to nickname their Rowlet "Fake and gay"

Yeah it's not terrible but it's kinda average competitively (especially for higher Smogon tiers) and much lower than what most people expected. Not gonna lie, giving a Pokemon whose entire concept revolves around being sneaky and fast high HP and low Speed is totally odd so I'm not counting out the possibility of a huge speed increase. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also in all of the review play stuff, people were always skipped past the intro to the game and hence could not name their character.

Their character was always named Sun.

There's still a tiny outside chance that Sun has different starter final forms...pretty sure review copies are all Moon, and the demo could be based off Moon.

What if Decidueye remains Grass / Flying in Sun and follows the stat pattern we've seen so far, but Moon it changes secondary types and stat distribution?

Total wishful thinking, I know, but it's not an impossibility!

Highly doubt they'd have nicknamed / been allowed to nickname their Rowlet "Fake and gay"

Also in all of the review play stuff, people were always skipped past the intro to the game and hence could not name their character.

Their character was always named Sun.
Thanks for pointing all of that stuff out!
Aaaah! Well that all very quickly shuts down that idea. I missed so much information before writing that all up. Oh well, lesson learned. Pay more attention next time I guess I just really didn't want to believe someone out there broke the street date, especially knowing he or she may have Nintendo after them soon enough o_O

Back
Top Bottom