• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Those aren't main series games. They were spinoffs because they were developed by Genius Sonority, not Game Freak.

Eh, they can trade and battle with the main series games unlike other spin-offs. And besides, it's not like Game Freak is the only company that can make a main series game.

That is probably why Bulbapedia listed them as side-series instead of spin-offs, though.

I wasn't speaking for everyone but Switch should start having main series games when gen 8 begins. Putting the rest of gen 7 games of the Switch would really annoy me because I don't really want a new console. And no, I have not express my opinions in a definite manner and presenting my opinion as mass fan approval.

There is already evidence for my argument. Past third versions are on same handheld as the first pair games. Stars on Switch does not have evidence to back it up.
All I can say is be ready for anything, first we had a secondary version for red and green which were 2 games (blue and yellow), next we had the secondary version of gold and silver, which was a third version even though suicune wasn't really the third legend, the next secondary version was ruby and sapphire's counterpart, emerald, a third version which featured probably the first third legend of the box legends/trio, the next secondary version was platinum, with a third legend who was involved by another trio and the box art pokes, was the first legend to have a form change of some sort, next secondary installment was black and white 2, the first sequels to a gen's original games, the third of the trio kyurem was able to fuse since it, reshiram, and zekrom were all one dragon once, the next secondary installment for gen 6 was that there was no secondary installment, they gave the third of the kalos gen different forms (zygarde), gave in a little bit of backstory in xy explaining that zygarde watches the ecosystem, and when threatened, he shows his true form, but somehow ends up in alola and might be one of the hardest legends to obtain (mostly just his complete form), next solution for secondary installment is unknown

Arceus the Dragon, literally less than 3 weeks ago, you were telling us Legendary Pokemon could never have Prevolutions, it was impossible, never could be done. .... Oops. There's nothing wrong with making predictions and getting them wrong by any means, but you say things with such certainty, often blurring the line between fact and opinion.

Since the Gen 5 sequels, Game Freak has been making perfectly clear there are no solid rules. But as you're such a fan of past precedent, Colloseum and XD Gale of Darkness, two of the greatest games from Gen 3, were on the Gamecube not the Gameboy Advance.
That is different. We are talking of gen 7 being whole on one console. Solgaleo/Lunala having a pre-evolution was pointless since the pre-evolutions are basically useless in my opinion. Putting Stars or whatever on Switch is a bad idea in my opinion and so the rumor of that happening will remain fake to me.

It may be a bad idea, it may be business, but you can't say with full confidence that it's fake. Remember the starter leak and the Chinese leak? These starters are fake. They will never remove gyms, etc, etc. Anything is possible and Eurogamers track record along with a few points, make it seem plausible
Doesn't matter what leak was real previously. This is the one that is more farfetch'd and I hope never becomes real.

I still almost wanna say the Chinese Leak meant in some way that Tapu Fini and Crabominable were the dolphin and snowman. They're not exactly that, but maybe the Chines Leaks were just describing things differently to avoid anything like Game Freak shutting down or suing the leaker.

Last edited:
I still almost wanna say the Chinese Leak meant in some way Tapu Fini and Crabominable were the dolphin and snowman. They're not exactly that, but maybe the Chines Leaks were just describing things differently to avoid anything like Game Freak shutting down the leaker.

Well, Crabominable being the "snowman" seems pretty likely; I don't remember their exact explanation, but I remember somebody in this thread saying that the Chinese words for "snowman" and "yeti" are the same.

I still think that maybe the leaker mistook Brionne for a dolphin.

Please let Stars be real to mess with people. And when it has been revealed, show a dolphin Pokemon to mess with people again. :p
I rather see Pokemon Delta Emerald first. Maybe B3W3 too. But seriously, 3DS users like me shouldn't be left out while all the Switch players get the game. That is totally unfair in my opinion.

Well, Crabominable being the "snowman" seems pretty likely; I don't remember their exact explanation, but I remember somebody in this thread saying that the Chinese words for "snowman" and "yeti" are the same.

I still think that maybe the leaker mistook Brionne for a dolphin.
Yeah, and if that's true, it does make sense, considering that Crabominable is based off a yeti crab.

And Brionne is also a possible candidate for that. A sea lion and a dolphin are different, but they are both aquatic mammals.

I rather see Pokemon Delta Emerald first. Maybe B3W3 too. But seriously, 3DS users like me shouldn't be left out while all the Switch players get the game. That is totally unfair in my opinion.
Life is unfair. I don't moan everytime I miss out on Event Pokemon which is always. So Stars being unfair is a weak point to make.

Life is unfair. I don't moan everytime I miss out on Event Pokemon which is always. So Stars being unfair is a weak point to make.
Right, so it is okay to strip 3DS users of other gen 7 pokemon. I don't think so. I already know life is unfair but it is unrealistic in my opinion to give Switch users access to all gen 7 games while 3DS users like me get tossed aside. Event pokemon and new games are different so that last bit makes no sense.

Right, so it is okay to strip 3DS users of other gen 7 pokemon. I don't think so. I already know life is unfair but it is unrealistic in my opinion to give Switch users access to all gen 7 games while 3DS users like me get tossed aside. Event pokemon and new games are different so that last bit makes no sense.

Well I mean Switch users WON'T have access to "all gen 7 games". You can't play Sun or Moon on the Switch. I think GF is trying to market Stars (if it is real) to the console audience - a lot of people simply don't buy handheld game consoles these days. Hardcore gamers play on consoles and PCs almost exclusively

@Arceus the Dragon, you don't really add anything to your argument. It's just the same points over and over again.

I am 100% behind Stars. Guess I am a shooting star then.

He's still right though. I would be behind Stars if it isn't exclusive to the Switch. That's just a poor way to advertise a console and a huge kick to the teeth for those who aren't interested.

It's also not fair for XY to be stripped of new primals and megas. Where were you then?
XY was not programmed to have those megas and Primals so that was acceptable. XY came first before ORAS.

Well I mean Switch users WON'T have access to "all gen 7 games". You can't play Sun or Moon on the Switch. I think GF is trying to market Stars (if it is real) to the console audience - a lot of people simply don't buy handheld game consoles these days. Hardcore gamers play on consoles and PCs almost exclusively
I think the Switch plays the 3DS games but not the DS games. I am not a fan of the Switch getting a game exclusive to itself.

@Arceus the Dragon, you don't really add anything to your argument. It's just the same points over and over again.

I am 100% behind Stars. Guess I am a shooting star then.
Actually I do. My points haven't been the same but even if they were, they are legit points in my opinion.

He's still right though. I would be behind Stars if it isn't exclusive to the Switch. That's just a poor way to advertise a console and a huge kick to the teeth for those who aren't interested.
The sources claim that if Stars is real it would be Switch-exclusive. So either fake or Switch-exclusive. There's no inbetween here.

I don't think that Stars is meant advertise the hybrid at all. That would be left to Mario with Zelda releasing in the summer.

I think one side has already made it quite clear their views come from a knee jerk emotional reaction over not wanting to buy a switch for stars and is unwilling to even consider anything else. It's tiring to see the conversation go in circles over and over.

Is it unfair? Technically, sure. But I guess it was also unfair when Colosseum and XD came along and gave GameCube owners Pokémon that were unavailable to the GBA games, right? Stars may be "unfair," but it's certainly not unrealistic.

Game Freak was one of the first developers to get their hands on a Switch development kit. We'll have to wait and see if Stars pans out. But regardless, it's pretty safe to say they're making something for Switch.

Back
Top Bottom