• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
We never said it couldn't play games
But we want better and the 3DS can't deliver that
I am pretty sure the 3DS can. Plus just because we want something, it doesn't mean we are going to get and that applies to me too. Either it is on the 3DS or or it is on the Switch. Or Stars doesn't exist at all.

People have played those games, @RainbowLifeAndLove, and they have dedicated communities. They won't buy it because it would be a game that they already played. Making new games to expand on them is the best idea.

People have played those games, @RainbowLifeAndLove, and they have dedicated communities. They won't buy it because it would be a game that they already played. Making new games to expand on them is the best idea.
See now, I don't think that's an assumption you can make. I have Skyrim for Xbox 360. I've played it for countless hours. But if Skyrim is indeed on the Switch as speculated, hell yeah im gonna buy it. Updated graphics and an exclusive portability from other consoles is a very exciting thought. Just like me, I'm sure there are plenty of people that would see a Splatoon port or a MarioKart 8 port for the switch and get extremely hyped to play a relatively old favorite on a new, updated, and semi-portable system.

@RileyXY1, those people are the minority. Plus, I have seen some of them say that they will double-dip, buy the same game twice, if there is more features added on. So clearly people don't want new games.

Just like I did with the TWW and TP upgraded ports despite owning the Gamecube and Wii versions respectively, or the 3DS remake of OoT despite having three of the previous versions (N64, GCN master quest, GCN collector disc), I'd pretty easily buy those nice SSB4 and MK8 ports, and the same goes for many others.

That said, the ports are a good idea on Nintendo's part. The Wii U sold so poorly it held its own lineup back. This gives them a second shot of life the Wii U never did, AND gives the Switch huge games at launch that a large market of non-Wii U owners never had the chance to play.

I will say I'm not sure if new Sonic, Mexico Mario, BotW, Pikmin, and DQXI (JP) is enough for truly new games, but tapping the market of non-Wii U owners by giving stuff new to them is pretty smart imo.

I actually thought that they would be straight ports, with only graphics to tell the two apart.
Nintendo rarely ever takes that approach, even with ports of games that did make it to the Wii U. Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City had decent ideas for the gamepad, but were crippled by multiple other factors.

And in regards to the 3DS, it's still a decent handheld, but it's built with a five-year-old design. It's outdated. The industry keeps progressing and the handheld's standards have fallen below the mass market's. That's the nature of the beast. Could it handle another Pokemon game? Easily. But it won't be innovative. It won't be progressive. It'll just be of the exact same quality as Sun and Moon becuase it's apparent that the 3DS can't do more than that.

I have no problem with getting third versions even though I have the first pair of games. Platinum was definitely satisfying to play in my opinion. Third versions also have pokemon that is not found in any other game of the gen so that is a reason to get. Whether or not we get third versions again is yet to be decided.

I have no problem with getting third versions even though I have the first pair of games. Platinum was definitely satisfying to play in my opinion. Third versions also have pokemon that is not found in any other game of the gen so that is a reason to get. Whether or not we get third versions again is yet to be decided.

I'm hoping Stars is something like Colleseum and XD

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping Stars is something like Colleseum and XD

Do you mean graphically wise? If so, then, considering that Pokémon Stars is rumoured to be a third version, then I say the modelling and everything will be similar, but with much better graphics. However, considering that Pokémon will be moving to the Nintendo Switch, and possibly future hybrid console, I see no reason as to why we won't eventually get main series Pokémon games that could look like Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD, with great graphics to go with it.

Sorry, when I think of a port, I think of it as a straight port, with only graphics to tell it apart from the original.

Stars is in no way legit at this point. As there are things for it, there are also things against it. Let's just see which side wins next year. I'm bringing the popcorn.

Stars is in no way legit at this point. As there are things for it, there are also things against it. Let's just see which side wins next year. I'm bringing the popcorn.

Well, if you want to get technical, there isn't really any evidence against the rumour being false. So far, nothing has proven or provided evidence that it is fake that I have seen. Of course, this does not prove that it is real, only that there is evidence, so it really can go either way.

I'm honestly just shocked so many are still in denial over this..
Well they're operating under some bizarre and questionable assumptions. Here's a short list of the ones i remember off the top of my head.

Switch will be 300 dollars
Switch will have no SM compatibility
Selling 5 million is a failure because 3DS can sell more copies.
The games will have no legendaries
The level cap will be reduced to 70
Stars can't be real because the switch is a 2018 release.
The launch lineup is only ports
People won't buy ports.
Switch has a 2 hour battery life
Switch has no portability.

That is not possible. A game can not be both spin-off and main series.
I would argue that Colosseum and XD very much walk a line between spinoff and main series.
Points as a spinoff:
-on a home console rather than portable
-unconventional method of catching Pokémon
-no star mascot that hasn't been used before (remakes aside).
-other in-game things, like starters and player characters and legendaries and such.

Points as a main series:
-connectivity to main series games (this is a really big one, no other spinoff can catch and trade Pokémon with those in the main series)
-same game mechanics (catch Pokémon, battle Pokémon, etc.)
-contains obtainable Pokémon not in RSE or FRLG, essentially helping to fill out the dex with some missing Johto Pokémon.

So really, it's how you look at it. You can say it's a spinoff, but you can't exactly say it's not part of the main series.

Back
Top Bottom