• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
- The initial pair of a new generation on a new console (DP, XY) takes around 3 years of physical development, 4 if we count conceptual development.
- The initial pair of a new generation on the same console like the previous generation (BW, SM) takes around 2 years of physical development, 3 if we count conceptual development
- Remakes/Third versions/Sequels (ORAS, HGSS, FRLG, BW2, Emerald, Platinum, etc) take around 1 year of physical development, 2 years if we count conceptual development.

I think this is the pattern, more or less.

Supossedly walking with your Pokemon was possibly coded into Sun/Moon but scrapped. There are low poly models amd walking/running and resting animations for all pokemon. Its just that the 3DS probably wouldnt be able to handle it so maybe they are waiting for Pokemon Stars on the Switch? Cause it will probably be able to handle it. Also supossedly according to further datamines there is music for a possible fourth villain team? Also a few other things found by rusyaeffy++

So if this is the case we could possibly be looking forward to this in Pokemon Stars...
- Walking With Your Pokemon
- A New Enemy Team
- A 3rd Lycanroc Form
- Possibly Gyms
- Marshadow And Necrozma Development
- Ash Pikachu

3rd Lycanroc form? Datamined music for new team? I would love sources!

I would say that especially if Stars is a port and nothing more (I personally feel that making a whole new Pokemon game on the Switch as soon as it comes out is a risk, experimenting with a simple port would be an awful lot safer). We could get both Stars and DP remakes within the same year of 2017. (The actual trend for remakes is simply 10 years after the original. (PMD Blue and Red got Wii U ports in 2016, 10 years after their release). Which makes more sense than the '4' and '9' rule and the 'new handheld' rule. Stars would probably rather early in the year, and DP remakes coming a lot later.
But then I wouldn't expect much, if anything in 2018, if this is to be true.

Stars is not confirmed real or fake. That is fact for now. The only way to truly prove it is real or fake is for the rumored date to occur.

Stars is not confirmed real or fake. That is fact for now. The only way to truly prove it is real or fake is for the rumored date to occur.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this statement. You're right that it's not confirmed as anything (in fact that's pretty obvious), but rumored dates also prove nothing. Literally nothing will prove its existance until something official comes out that proves its existance.

I would say that especially if Stars is a port and nothing more (I personally feel that making a whole new Pokemon game on the Switch as soon as it comes out is a risk, experimenting with a simple port would be an awful lot safer).

On the other hand, a straight port with a new name (pretty impossible since it's one name for two games in this example) would be less profitable than making an updated special edition like they have before.

We could get both Stars and DP remakes within the same year of 2017. (The actual trend for remakes is simply 10 years after the original. (PMD Blue and Red got Wii U ports in 2016, 10 years after their release). Which makes more sense than the '4' and '9' rule and the 'new handheld' rule. Stars would probably rather early in the year, and DP remakes coming a lot later.
But then I wouldn't expect much, if anything in 2018, if this is to be true.

Stars and DP remakes would both be mainline Pokemon games. Releasing them in the same year as each other is unprecedented under those conditions. You could also say the pattern is simply two console generations laters (RBGY were on the GameBoy, FRLG were on the Advance. GSC were on the Color and HGSS was on the DS).

I actually feel like I am being bullied for believing that Stars is fake.
I don't think anybody is intentionally trying to bully you, I understand how it can be perceived like that. I've had my issues being brutish, but it's pure frustration and not true spite.

In an open-forum debate style format, I think a lot of us post things we find the tangible evidence points towards most logically. I, for one, have believed a Switch version eminent for months, and when discussing I enjoy reading new sources or signs pointing one way or another.

If someone does not believe it, that's awesome. Conflicting perception is stimulating. However, if the contrasting viewpoint blatantly disregards the majority opinion, and argues against it while totally ignoring things other users have pointed out, it gets frustrating. Particularly when the predominant opposing arguments have no source or involve 'fairness'. It's hard to move forward with discussion when something a lot of us agree is reality is questioned or downright disregarded every few posts.

Anyways, you're on here a lot, so there's an amount of respect for being an active participant here. And I enjoy your posts! Just don't take any of it too personally, it's nothing malicious. Just comes with the territory when an opinion winds up in the minority.

On the other hand, a straight port with a new name (pretty impossible since it's one name for two games in this example) would be less profitable than making an updated special edition like they have before.

Stars and DP remakes would both be mainline Pokemon games. Releasing them in the same year as each other is unprecedented under those conditions. You could also say the pattern is simply two console generations laters (RBGY were on the GameBoy, FRLG were on the Advance. GSC were on the Color and HGSS was on the DS).

Although that makes sense, making a special edition instead of a port would be more experimental. Gen 5 came out only a few months before the 3DS was released. By that logic, why didn't we see Black 2 and White 2 (or even a 'Pokemon Grey') on the 3DS? It seemed as if they wanted to wait before trying to make a new game for the 3DS. (I'll exclude Gates of Infinity, since it was both the final game of the gen, and not a main series game). A straight port would make a little more sense in the possibility it is somewhat 'safer'. Plus, we aren't sure how compatible the 3DS and the Switch will be, if they have very little compatibility with the 3DS, again, a simple port would work better.
It's also true that a simple port might not be seen as a 'mainline' game. (It could also be safer to just release DP remakes Jan/Feb of 2018? Maybe?)
I guess if Stars is a totally new game, perhaps the DP remakes will get one version for the Switch, and then another for the 3DS. Kind of like PMD1, with one release version for the game boy, and one for the DS. I can't see this being the best option though.

Although that makes sense, making a special edition instead of a port would be more experimental. Gen 5 came out only a few months before the 3DS was released. By that logic, why didn't we see Black 2 and White 2 (or even a 'Pokemon Grey') on the 3DS? It seemed as if they wanted to wait before trying to make a new game for the 3DS. (I'll exclude Gates of Infinity, since it was both the final game of the gen, and not a main series game). A straight port would make a little more sense in the possibility it is somewhat 'safer'. Plus, we aren't sure how compatible the 3DS and the Switch will be, if they have very little compatibility with the 3DS, again, a simple port would work better.
It's also true that a simple port might not be seen as a 'mainline' game. (It could also be safer to just release DP remakes Jan/Feb of 2018? Maybe?)
I guess if Stars is a totally new game, perhaps the DP remakes will get one version for the Switch, and then another for the 3DS. Kind of like PMD1, with one release version for the game boy, and one for the DS. I can't see this being the best option though.
Just so we're on the same page... how do you define a "port"?

Just so we're on the same page... how do you define a "port"?
It would either be the same as Sun/Moon with some graphical changes, I would also consider Sun/Moon with a few extra Pokemon thrown in, with no storyline changes and very little extra content (if any) as a port.
I just think if we do get 'Pokemon Stars' it won't be much to shout about, it might be more of an experiment than anything else, it just won't be all as exciting as everyone is appears to expect it to be.

It would either be the same as Sun/Moon with some graphical changes, I would also consider Sun/Moon with a few extra Pokemon thrown in, with no storyline changes and very little extra content (if any) as a port.
I just think if we do get 'Pokemon Stars' it won't be much to shout about, it might be more of an experiment than anything else, it just won't be all as exciting as everyone is appears to expect it to be.

I mean, you kind of just described a port as exactly what the third versions of past gens have fallen in line with.. Would you consider a third version to be a port then??

I mean, you kind of just described a port as exactly what the third versions of past gens have fallen in line with.. Would you consider a third version to be a port then??
A lot of the third versions did have at least some story line changes to them, and general expansions.
A port would have almost none of that.

I think that the next game would be better. First pair games are always topped by the next games.

Pre Gen V I would have agreed with you on that, but it's all subjective in the end.
Pre gen 5? I thought HGSS were the best of gen 4 or at least tied with Platinum, Emerald was the best of gen 3, Crystal of gen 2 and Yellow of gen 1. Then of course there is ORAS of gen 6.

In my opinion, the last game in a Generation, is usually the best game of that Generation. This has been the case in Gen II (Crystal), Gen III (Emerald), Gen V (BW2) and Gen VI (ORAS).

Gen I and IV are the exceptions, as Yellow and HGSS are not objectively superior to RB and Platinum, respectively (even though I personally prefer the former tbh)

Last edited:
In my opinion, the last game in a Generation, is usually the best game of that Generation. This has been the case in Gen II (Crystal), Gen III (Emerald), Gen V (BW2) and Gen VI (ORAS).

Gen I and IV are the exceptions, as Yellow and HGSS are not objectively superior to RB and Platinum, respectively (even though I personally prefer them tbh)

I liked BW better than B2W2. Better story outweighed the expanded regional dex and PWT imo

We talked about the models being found, but we haven't seen them yet. I am laughing so hard over Komala just rolling around.

Same! It's adorable. Almost enough to maybe convince me to use one XD

IMO, if Stars is real it needs to be more than a port. Hell, it needs to be more than a third version. If they really want it to do well, I think it'll need to be a sequel and/or include several new incentives to buy. If it's a straight HD port of SM, I doubt I would buy it.

If I want to say something about Stars, it's this:

It's essentially overpriced DLC

We don't know this yet. But it is what I fear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom