• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I know that. Also, how much evidence is there in favor of Stars and how much evidence is there against Stars?
Think of it less as "evidence" and more "logical reasons why Nintendo and GF would/would not make it happen"

The closest thing to hard evidence are the leaks, which may or may not be true, the rest is just based on reasoning regarding how good the idea would be from Nintendo's point of view.

Emily did say we would get a Pokemon Game back in July yes
Why do you keep bringing up Mother 3 Riley, you act like games don't get canceled and moved to different platforms.
Also I'm pretty sure she said playable FEMALE character and not female LINK, people just drew conclusion that it was female Link

Points Going For Stars/3rd Version
- Eurogamers triple sourced it and got the NX details correct and have been a pretty reliable source
- Laura Dale who posted the Nintendo Switch lineup and included Stars, has been blacklisted by Nintendo
- Necrozma literally has a star on its back and Marshadows Z Move is literally called Soul Stealing 7 Star Strike
- Walking with your Pokemon being scrapped
- All those empty slots and loose ends in the story
- Lycanroc has a placeholder for a possible third form in the PGL
- The Riddler said the secret of the starters where scrapped and also had some pokemon on their list which where not present in Sun/Moon including an actual Tiki Pokemon and Imprison/Seal Pokemon and since the Riddler has been very accurate, I wouldnt be surprised if some stuff is being scrapped and put into stars. After all the stars leak did mention there could be new pokemon

Points Going Against Stars/ 3rd Version
- There hasnt been a 3rd version in a while
- Having a generation spanning 2 consoles hasnt been done before

This is exactly the problem with the term 'evidence'. Because I don't see a single one of these points as hard evidence and simply looking at patterns, leaks and/or rumors.

Does anyone think that a possible Tiki Pokemon will be our first Fire/Grass type? I really hope so! :D

We don't get new Pokemon mid generation, only new forces. New Pokemon lead to compatibility issues, which is why mythical Pokemon are already in the game's code years before release.

Any pokemon scrapped can be reused later in other games. This is a recurring practice for Sugimori's design team. The most well known example is Shellos getting moved from Gen 3 to Gen 4.

I don't believe so. I don't trust people I believe are untrustworthy, like Laura Dale.
But you also cited your reasoning for the launch lineup being all ports as her doing.

Sounds like the only trustworthy sources here are those that agree with what you were already thinking.

We don't get new Pokemon mid generation, only new forces. New Pokemon lead to compatibility issues, which is why mythical Pokemon are already in the game's code years before release.

Any pokemon scrapped can be reused later in other games. This is a recurring practice for Sugimori's design team. The most well known example is Shellos getting moved from Gen 3 to Gen 4.
Under normal circumstances, I would agree with this statement wholeheartedly. However, I don't think you can use compatibility as an argument given the unusual situation of Stars being rumored to be on the Switch. Even with situation of Crystal being GB Color exclusive, it could still trade with GS and the Gen I games. Judging from the rumor about having to use Bank just to interact with SM, I don't think Game Freak is going to worry about that issue this time.

That being said, IF GF goes through with adding new Pokémon mid-gen it'd probably be limited to Ultra Beasts due to their debatable status as Pokémon in-universe. Even then, I can only see GF adding five more UBs at maximum, plus a Mythical should they feel generous enough.

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't need the whole gen 7.5 theory because gen 6.5 theory was a pain. Once again, third versions are not DLC and are completely different. That is fact. DLC is just for smaller things. I sincerely hope DLC never comes to the main series games.

Points Going For Stars/3rd Version
- Eurogamers triple sourced it and got the NX details correct and have been a pretty reliable source
- Laura Dale who posted the Nintendo Switch lineup and included Stars, has been blacklisted by Nintendo
- Necrozma literally has a star on its back and Marshadows Z Move is literally called Soul Stealing 7 Star Strike
- Walking with your Pokemon being scrapped
- All those empty slots and loose ends in the story
- Lycanroc has a placeholder for a possible third form in the PGL
- The Riddler said the secret of the starters where scrapped and also had some pokemon on their list which where not present in Sun/Moon including an actual Tiki Pokemon and Imprison/Seal Pokemon and since the Riddler has been very accurate, I wouldnt be surprised if some stuff is being scrapped and put into stars. After all the stars leak did mention there could be new pokemon

Points Going Against Stars/ 3rd Version
- There hasnt been a 3rd version in a while
- Having a generation spanning 2 consoles hasnt been done before
So your saying some of the stuff that got scapped will be confirmed for Pokemon Stars?
Does anyone think that a possible Tiki Pokemon will be our first Fire/Grass type? I really hope so! :D
It would be interesting to see a Grass/Fire Pokemon :D
Under normal circumstances, I would agree with this statement wholeheartedly. However, I don't think you can use compatibility as an argument given the unusual situation of Stars being rumored to be on the Switch. Even with situation of Crystal. Don't GB Color exclusive, it could still trade with GS and the Gen I games. Judging from the rumor about having to use Bank just to interact with SM, I don't think Game Freak is going to worry about that issue this time.

That being said, IF GF goes through with adding new Pokémon mid-gen it'd probably be limited to Ultra Beasts due to their debatable status as Pokémon in-universe. Even then, I can only see GF adding five more UBs at maximum, plus a Mythical should they feel generous enough.
I don't think they'll add new pokemon in third game, they only introduce the new pokeon in the new generation. We don't know what Star is, but we'll likely to find out in 2017

Interesting point:

Lycanroc Midday form needs to evolve during the Morning while over level 25
Lycanroc Midnight form needs to evolve during the Night while over level 25

If we assume that there will be a third Lycanroc form and that the next pokemon game that is coming out is Stars, what could it possibly be?

Stars are definitively more associated with Night time, although the Sun itself is a star so what would we think about a Lycanroc form that needs to evolve close to Sunset or Dawn, the middle point between those two times? e.g. 5-7 Am/Pm
Also it can be noted that lore wise our Rockruffs evolve into their specific form due to "The influence of Solgaleo / Lunala in our world" which would mean something would be influencing their evolution other than it, most likely Necrozma.

There are also the curiousity of what would this Lycanroc be based off of? the name Lycanroc ties it to wolves due to Lycanthrope which is covered by Midnight form, and Midday form is the well, pure wolf version.
Obviously we can't have a human Lycanroc however it does raise the point of what might the third Lycanroc form be based on?

Edit: perhaps a third Lycanroc form could be based on Rock and earth more, having Rockruff turn into a more inorganic elemental type form of pure rock

Last edited:
I know that. Also, how much evidence is there in favor of Stars and how much evidence is there against Stars?

So far there isn't any evidence at all that disproves the rumours. There is a few pieces of evidence that points to Nintendo Stars, but so far there isn't any evidence that contradicts those points, or anything that disproves anything else.

The has not being evidence of stars being real or fake. Still a rumor.

The has not being evidence of stars being real or fake. Still a rumor.
This is a rumors/fakes/leaks discussion thread. We are discussing a rumor. I you have nothing else to do then point out the obvious please keep it to yourself, you're adding nothing to this discussion.

This is a rumors/fakes/leaks discussion thread. We are discussing a rumor. I you have nothing else to do then point out the obvious please keep it to yourself, you're adding nothing to this discussion.
Sorry but I add more to the discussion than you think. I am pointing out that there is no evidence of Stars or evidence that suggest it is real. This rumor can turn out to be fake.

Sorry but I add more to the discussion than you think. I am pointing out that there is no evidence of Stars or evidence that suggest it is real. This rumor can turn out to be fake.
We'll just see what happens in 2017 first, if it's real then we'll see Pokemon Star in 2017 and DP remake in 2018, but if't fake then we'll see DP remake in 2017

Back
Top Bottom