• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
But then where's Pokémon Pepper?

Yep, that's the sad truth. All I really want are people's opinions on new Move Tutor moves for Stars should any new ones be added. Yet, this real/fake crap is all people are focusing on.

Now, can we all please calm down and talk about hypothetical Move Tutor moves for a second?
I can't wait for move tutor moves. I always love how accessible they make them, using BP. And they always open up good coverage moves on Pokémon. I'm hoping personally some egg moves become tutor moves, like Palossand and stockpile, or Ribombee and speed swap.

I'm most curious about new PKMN. Personally, I feel no new species lines will be introduced, aside from a few Legendary and UB. I do think we will get new Alola forms though. I think there are 25 Kanto lines unobtainable in the game. Taking out starter lines and fossils, 20. I feel Arbok, Weezing, Nidos, Dodrio, and Rapidash are most likely to get new forms. I thought Rhydon was a no brainer, but Island Scan got me.

I doubt this happens, but I would be down with Switch version being in Kanto, with Alola postgame. Would be way cool, more so if you start the game when Lilly and her mom arrive, with her being the rival.
Please no more Gen 1 anything
Kanto pandering is getting boring and rather annoying at this point. There are other Pokemon that deserve buffs or form changes way then Gen 1 Pokemon

Give Slaking a better ability, we finally have one in Comatose that actually fits him
Lunatone and Solrock could get Shields Down and they are literally shaped Sun and Moon

Sunkern/Sunflora and Cherrim, two pokemon who centered around Sunlight, one changes forms due to it.

The opportunity is there but GF only seems to look at the Gen 1 Pokedex for some reason

Kanto pandering is getting boring and rather annoying at this point. There are other Pokemon that deserve buffs or form changes way then Gen 1 Pokemon

I agree with your opinion, but it's extremely difficult to imagine suddenly Alola forms would meander away from Kantomon, or if another region were to be included it would be anything besides Kanto.

Give Slaking a better ability, we finally have one in Comatose that actually fits him
Lunatone and Solrock could get Shields Down and they are literally shaped Sun and Moon

Sunkern/Sunflora and Cherrim, two pokemon who centered around Sunlight, one changes forms due to it.

The opportunity is there but GF only seems to look at the Gen 1 Pokedex for some reason

My god, please just take a second to realise why Slaking has that ability, and why you are not apparently able to understand how game breaking that would be and therefore apparently have no idea how game balance actually works.

Slaking and Regigigas have DELIBERATELY TERRIBLE ABILITIES because THEIR STATS ARE LUDICROUSLY BROKEN.
Giving Slaking a positive effect ability would make him OU if not Ubers.

Also no pokemon with levitate has yet to receive a hidden ability, and no pokemon other than the Brongzong line have access to Levitate and additional abilities due to them wanting the gimmick of "He can either lose his weakness to Fire or his weakness to Ground! you decide!", also Lunatone and Solrock would need new models for Shields down to actually work. I highly doubt it will happen.

I do agree though however that I am a little sick of gen 1 alola forms, an Alolan Sunflora is what i'm dreaming of next to Octillery, neither of which are in Sun/Moon so I can dream.

My god, please just take a second to realise why Slaking has that ability, and why you are not apparently able to understand how game breaking that would be and therefore apparently have no idea how game balance actually works.

Slaking and Regigigas have DELIBERATELY TERRIBLE ABILITIES because THEIR STATS ARE LUDICROUSLY BROKEN.
Giving Slaking a positive effect ability would make him OU if not Ubers.

Also no pokemon with levitate has yet to receive a hidden ability, and no pokemon other than the Brongzong line have access to Levitate and additional abilities due to them wanting the gimmick of "He can either lose his weakness to Fire or his weakness to Ground! you decide!", also Lunatone and Solrock would need new models for Shields down to actually work. I highly doubt it will happen.

I do agree though however that I am a little sick of gen 1 alola forms, an Alolan Sunflora is what i'm dreaming of next to Octillery, neither of which are in Sun/Moon so I can dream.
I know why Slaking has Truant because of that BST of 670. But can Gamebreaking really be an excuse against making him better when we have stuff like Gen 5 Power creep and Gen 6 Megas+Primals who got buffed this Gen as well? Non-truant Slaking really should be the least of your worries
And Regigigas is a legendary why shouldn't he be broken? He wouldn't be allowed in most official competitions anyway.

I didn't say give them Shields Down as an Hidden ability, I meant give them new forms. And why can't they get new models? Alolan variants have new models next to the old ones.

I hope the next games will not have any new alola forms for Kanto. Sun and Moon were enough in my opinion.

I know why Slaking has Truant because of that BST of 670. But can Gamebreaking really be an excuse against making him better when we have stuff like Gen 5 Power creep and Gen 6 Megas+Primals who got buffed this Gen as well? Non-truant Slaking really should be the least of your worries
And Regigigas is a legendary why shouldn't he be broken? He wouldn't be allowed in most official competitions anyway.

I didn't say give them Shields Down as an Hidden ability, I meant give them new forms. And why can't they get new models? Alolan variants have new models next to the old ones.

Comatose Slaking would be ludicrously broken even in today's metagame. Fast, strong, bulky, AND completely immune to status? No thank you. It would be on a similar level to Mega Kangaskhan or Mega Salamence.

and yet Gen V also introduced Archeops which is a member of the same "high BST, crippling ability" family as Regigigas and Slaking. Non-Truant Slaking would be bearable, however the problem is that like Mega Kangaskhan, non-Truant Slaking would be incredibly centralizing.
per VGC rulesets (and even in-game Battle facility sets), Regigigas is not banned.

and yet Gen V also introduced Archeops which is a member of the same "high BST, crippling ability" family as Regigigas and Slaking. Non-Truant Slaking would be bearable, however the problem is that like Mega Kangaskhan, non-Truant Slaking would be incredibly centralizing.

per VGC rulesets (and even in-game Battle facility sets), Regigigas is not banned.
At least Archeops could get a few strong hits in.
Slaking loses to PROTECT and Regigigas needs 5 turns to be useful, enough time render him useless.

>575 vs 670.

Next thing we know you'll want some of the lesser used cover legends like Reshiram dropping into OU.

As for Regigigas it has no excuse for being so terrible other than shitty flavor.

>575 vs 670.
if we're going to be pedantic, it's 567. still has one of the highest Attack stats in the game even if you consider Megas and Legendaries. of course, it's BST is also depressed by having non-existent defenses. and again, the concept stands: hits hard, terrible ability that makes it unusable.
Next thing we know you'll want some of the lesser used cover legends like Reshiram dropping into OU.
maybe just reread the post, i'll repeat it for you though: Non-Truant Slaking wouldn't be game breaking. it would, however, be centralizing. of course, Game Freak doesn't balance around Smogon so idk why you brought that up.
As for Regigigas it has no excuse for being so terrible other than shitty flavor.
and was designed before Game Freak was taking serious consideration of their competitive scene.

Huh, we've gone from Stars, to Complaining about Slaking and Regigigas. Amazing.

Also, did anybody experience Lag in Triple Battles in XYORAS? I beleive I may found out how the game lags.

(Taken from my reddit comment on how someone wanted SM to be delayed for the Switch)

Let's say you are in the Battle Tree by yourself. You send out 2 of your Pokemon, that's normal, right? Well, You have 3 Objects. Your opponment also has 2 Pokemon Out, that means there are 6 Objects, If you are in a Double Battle with a Duo, you have 7 Objects. At Most, with Multi Battles, we can have 8 Objects on the screen at once

Namely, it seems that Multi Battles are (presumably) the Main Reason of Lag, having 8 Objects (You, Your Partner, the Opponments, the 4 Pokèmon) causes the game to lag. Someone needs to pick up from this...

if we're going to be pedantic, it's 567. still has one of the highest Attack stats in the game even if you consider Megas and Legendaries. of course, it's BST is also depressed by having non-existent defenses. and again, the concept stands: hits hard, terrible ability that makes it unusable.

That was my bad. I knew it was somewhere in that range.

maybe just reread the post, i'll repeat it for you though: Non-Truant Slaking wouldn't be game breaking. it would, however, be centralizing. of course, Game Freak doesn't balance around Smogon so idk why you brought that up.

Slacking with a non terrible ability would be about as centralizing as a cover legendary without much competitive use, AKA Reshiram which from the last smogon viability list is a D rank. With an actual amazing ability like comatose it would be even more absurd. We're talking about a 160 attack stat that can use items.

I have reasons to believe that the next generation of pokemon will take place on Spain. Hear me out on this one, I know it is pure speculation on my sude but you see junichi masuda was tweeting alot about spain lately also if you remeber during the ultra beast task mission looker always enter the door speaking spanish of some sort. I dont know maybe it is just me theorizing stuff but I really think spain will be the next setting

I have reasons to believe that the next generation of pokemon will take place on Spain. Hear me out on this one, I know it is pure speculation on my sude but you see junichi masuda was tweeting alot about spain lately also if you remeber during the ultra beast task mission looker always enter the door speaking spanish of some sort. I dont know maybe it is just me theorizing stuff but I really think spain will be the next setting
I think that it's nothing. Generation 8 feels at least 3 years away. So why tweet about its real life location now when their focus could be on Stars?

I think that it's nothing. Generation 8 feels at least 3 years away. So why tweet about its real life location now when their focus could be on Stars?

Well it usually takes 2-3 years for them to make a game and as we all know they usually travel to the locations to scout the area like how they did in hawaii and france so this could be a vacation at the same time scouting the area

I'm pretty sure Reshiram is still Ubers and while he might not be used as much as the other legendaries it's still pretty strong for OU and he has very strong Fire STAB.
Now Kyurem Black is OU because for a strong Pokemon with 170 attack he only has Dragon Claw and Fusion Bolt and no usable physical Ice STAB relying on Ice beam instead. Why doesn't he get Ice Punch? Maybe with the introduction of Ice Hammer he might get one.
Some Pokemon really should have their move sets fixed. Like Gardevoir should learn Boomburst

I'm pretty sure Reshiram is still Ubers and while he might not be used as much as the other legendaries it's still pretty strong for OU and he has very strong Fire STAB.
Now Kyurem Black is OU because for a strong Pokemon with 170 attack he only has Dragon Claw and Fusion Bolt and no usable physical Ice STAB relying on Ice beam instead. Why doesn't he get Ice Punch? Maybe with the introduction of Ice Hammer he might get one.
Some Pokemon really should have their move sets fixed. Like Gardevoir should learn Boomburst

HAHAHAHAH GARDEVOIR SHOULD GET BOOM BURST?

Please stop talking, for your own sake, please for the love of god. Pixilate Boomburst would be so so so cancerous I would not want that in my game.

Hypervoice Mega-Gardevoir with Pixilate will turn Hypervoice to Fairy type and give it x1.2 times damage then it gets stab from being Fairy Type on gardevoir, that would make it 162 base power.
BOOMBURST Mega-Gardevoir with Pixilate will turn Boomburst to Fairy type and give it x1.2 times damage then it gets stab from being Fairy Type on gardevoir, that would make it 252 base power.

252 base power gardevoir special move that goes through Sub and does AOE's in doubles, THAT IS MORE DAMAGE THAN EXPLOSION.

You have literally no idea what your ideas would do to the game in terms of balance, please actually think about what you are saying before you say these things, im not trying to be mean but if you were in charge of game balance you would ruin the entire game by the sounds of things :(((

HAHAHAHAH GARDEVOIR SHOULD GET BOOM BURST?

Please stop talking, for your own sake, please for the love of god. Pixilate Boomburst would be so so so cancerous I would not want that in my game.

Hypervoice Mega-Gardevoir with Pixilate will turn Hypervoice to Fairy type and give it x1.2 times damage then it gets stab from being Fairy Type on gardevoir, that would make it 162 base power.
BOOMBURST Mega-Gardevoir with Pixilate will turn Boomburst to Fairy type and give it x1.2 times damage then it gets stab from being Fairy Type on gardevoir, that would make it 252 base power.

252 base power gardevoir special move that goes through Sub and does AOE's in doubles, THAT IS MORE DAMAGE THAN EXPLOSION.

You have literally no idea what your ideas would do to the game in terms of balance, please actually think about what you are saying before you say these things, im not trying to be mean but if you were in charge of game balance you would ruin the entire game by the sounds of things :(((
When they love balancing around VGC wouldn't Boomburst be the right move for it to have? Because it can hit you're partner as well.

I'm a bit biased because Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon and GF really messed up on the stat allocations in it's Mega form. It gets 20 points added in ATTACK!!! WHY!!!!! Its not gonna use return ever and those 20 could have easily gone into it's speed stat to make it 120
Okay so no Boomburst but can get Spacial Rend because it's Pokedex entry states it can make black holes and that move is the closest we have to a black hole attack.

Can you imagine Extreme Speed Salamence
Close Combat Medicham

Also why isn't Secret Power a physical Hidden Power
And why not make Pure Power also double the Special stat

Back
Top Bottom