• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
For the last time, it is already confirmed information. All you are doing is repeating my exact arguments against me. I tell you that this is confirmed and you are in denial, and all you do is spin it around and claim I am in denial. For the sake of your own credibility I suggest you stop what you're doing, or at least attempt a better argument.
No it is not confirmed. I am not in denial and 100% correct. My arguments are solid that is it. It is you who is denying the truth in my opinion.

It does because some might not buy any more games after gen 7. You cut gen 7 in half and those players would lose the chance to finish the whole gen 7. Not everyone would want to buy the Switch.
You still have yet to actually answer how less people would buy a Switch as a result of putting Stars on it.

There are some don't want to buy Switches on principle, regardless of what games are there, because they're not interested, they can't afford it, etc. That is true.

And it's also completely irrelevant to how the release of Stars would affect Switch sales, because they won't be buying the console either way. Similarly, people who are already 100% sold on the console for Breath of the Wild without hiccuping and framerate issues that appear to plague the Wii U version or Dragon Quest XI or something are also irrelevant to Star's impact, because they're buying it either way.

Now, the next group are potential buyers who are interested but unsure. They're perfectly free to skip the game, it's not like Game Freak or Nintendo is holding guns to people's heads saying, "If you buy this system, you must also buy this game." On the other hand, Stars can easily bring in some of these buyers.

How would the release of Stars dissuade some of these customers and turn them off from the system entirely?

You still have yet to actually answer how less people would buy a Switch as a result of putting Stars on it.

There are some don't want to buy Switches on principle, regardless of what games are there, because they're not interested, they can't afford it, etc. That is true.

And it's also completely irrelevant to how the release of Stars would affect Switch sales, because they won't be buying the console either way. Similarly, people who are already 100% sold on the console for Breath of the Wild without hiccuping and framerate issues that appear to plague the Wii U version or Dragon Quest XI or something are also irrelevant to Star's impact, because they're buying it either way.

Now, the next group are potential buyers who are interested but unsure. They're perfectly free to skip the game, it's not like Game Freak or Nintendo is holding guns to people's heads saying, "If you buy this system, you must also buy this game." On the other hand, Stars can easily bring in some of these buyers.

How would the release of Stars dissuade some of these customers and turn them off from the system entirely?
Because a standard third version on the Switch doesn't cut it. It be better to keep it on 3DS. Who wants to buy a standard third version that is almost the same as SM?

Because a standard third version on the Switch doesn't cut it. It be better to keep it on 3DS. Who wants to buy a standard third version that is almost the same as SM?

There you go again assuming Nintendo Stars is just a generic third version with no knowledge or information about it at all.

Also, who wants to buy a third version for the 3DS when the third version cannot offer anything that SM did without removing other features to fit new features in?

There you go again assuming Nintendo Stars is just a generic third version with no knowledge or information about it at all.

Also, who wants to buy a third version for the 3DS when the third version cannot offer anything that SM did without removing other features to fit new features in?
It would make more sense to be on 3DS if it is standard. An advance one is okay for Switch if the content is sufficient. I would buy Stars on 3DS.

But how does that cause them to lose potential buyers entirely? Why would they be completely turned off to the system because of Stars? Again, they are free to skip the game.

And I'm sure there are plenty of devoted Pokémon fans who would be thrilled to play S/M on a 720p/1080p screen, particularly with those Citra touchups around the internet looking very good, and a Switch version almost guaranteed to look even better because more effort would likely go into it.
It would make more sense to be on 3DS if it is standard. An advance one is okay for Switch if the content is sufficient. I would buy Stars on 3DS.
We don't actually know if it's a standard 3rd version though, if it exists.

But how does that cause them to lose potential buyers entirely? Why would they be completely turned off to the system because of Stars? Again, they are free to skip the game.

And I'm sure there are plenty of devoted Pokémon fans who would be thrilled to play S/M on a 720p/1080p screen, particularly with those Citra touchups around the internet looking very good, and a Switch version almost guaranteed to look even better because more effort would likely go into it.

We don't actually know if it's a standard 3rd version though, if it exists.
Because the price for Switch and a standard third version wouldn't appeal and therefore not many would buy either of them.

Because the price for Switch and a standard third version wouldn't appeal and therefore not many would buy either of them.
Again, we're assuming that these people are potential buyers, they can afford the system and aren't in the "100% not getting" category because of the price tag. If you can't afford a Switch, you can't afford a Switch. Pokémon isn't changing that.

How would Star's existence prevent them from getting it for another game? In other words, how would Star's existence alone move these buyers from "might buy if there's a cool game or something" to "Ew, no, one specific game existing prevents me from buying this console"?

Again, we're assuming that these people are potential buyers, they can afford the system and aren't in the "100% not getting" category because of the price tag. If you can't afford a Switch, you can't afford a Switch. Pokémon isn't changing that.

How would Star's existence prevent them from getting it for another game? In other words, how would Star's existence alone move these buyers from "might buy if there's a cool game or something" to "Ew, no, one specific game existing prevents me from buying this console"?
Some just play pokemon games. Stars has to motivate them by being a better third version than past ones.

Some just play pokemon games. Stars has to motivate them by being a better third version than past ones.

Right, some people just play Pokémon games, and yet even if get VIII are the first switch games, people will still have to purchase the Switch just to play Pokémon. It makes no difference to these people whether they have to get the switch to play Stars or if they have to get the Switch to get gen VIII, either way, all the people that purchase consoles just to play Pokémon will end up having to get a Switch anyway.

Right, some people just play Pokémon games, and yet even if get VIII are the first switch games, people will still have to purchase the Switch just to play Pokémon. It makes no difference to these people whether they have to get the switch to play Stars or if they have to get the Switch to get gen VIII, either way, all the people that purchase consoles just to play Pokémon will end up having to get a Switch anyway.
Maybe so but Switch can start out with gen 8. No need to ruin gen 7 for others in my opinion.

'Ruining gen 7' is a subjective opinion, so unfortunately you can say that as many times as you want, but it is only going to ruin Gen VII for you and the select few that are completely against the switch no matter what.
I disagree. It is my opinion but it would be still screw the whole gen up. How is SM going to communicate with Stars? It can't since 3DS and Switch is not compatible.

A large number of those players will buy every Pokémon game regardless of system.
Maybe so but Switch can start out with gen 8. No need to ruin gen 7 for others in my opinion.
This is a red herring, if I'm not mistaken. You're diverting attention away from the actual topic of "Stars and Switch Sales, in relation to how customers on the fence are won over" with something entirely unrelated, that is, a few people's opinions on the concept of splitting gens.
I disagree. It is my opinion but it would be still screw the whole gen up. How is SM going to communicate with Stars? It can't since 3DS and Switch is not compatible.
While we know the Switch can't run physical 3DS games due to a design incompatibility, we do not know about wireless.

Also, this wouldn't be the first time intragen communication hasn't been fully compatible if there was an issue. ORAS can't battle with XY, because GF never patched the new megas and primals into XY.

A beautiful thing called Pokémon Bank. Also, the only thing that is mentioned is that Nintendo Switch can't play 3DS games, nobody ever said anything about the 3DS not being able to communicate with the switch at all. Lack of backwards compatibility does not equate to lack of communication.

A beautiful thing called Pokémon Bank. Also, the only thing that is mentioned is that Nintendo Switch can't play 3DS games, nobody ever said anything about the 3DS not being able to communicate with the switch at all. Lack of backwards compatibility does not equate to lack of communication.
Pokebank is a joke and a rip-off in my opinion. All the games of a gen communicating is very important. If they are not, then it is sure to be a disaster.

PokeBank should be fine for transferring Pokemon to the new games, as it has always been.
PokeBank seem popular in my area.
I don't see the issue. Just group up with some of your friends and share one bank.

It's a bit weird to split a gen into 2 consoles, but it can still happen.

Rather, "Stars" could be something like Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon Battle Revolution.

1) People that have also bought all the other third versions. Which are a lot.
2) People that only play on consoles and can now play a Pokémon game for the first time.

So...lots of people. Having to buy a new console to play a certain game has never stopped people before, nor will it stop them now. And being able to play Sun/Moon on your TV instead of on a handheld is a huge selling point right there. People will be willing to buy the same game again just for that.

The Answer- We don't know.
I'd honestly like to see this post when Stars is launched and they find a way to communicate with 3DS wirelessly...
Just as thrilled I've been to see your posts regarding that Legendarys Cannot evolve, we won't have 2 Solgaleo/Lunala etc.

Back
Top Bottom