• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I can literally sum up the whole "Will it or won't it" pokemon sun Nintendo Switch arguement as:

"Those who believe it won't happen" used Baseless Assumptions!
It had no effect!

"Those who are not against it" used Open Mindedness!
"Those who are not against it" 's speed sharply rose!

"Those who are not against it" used Point out logical fallacies!
Critical Hit!
"Those who believe it won't happen" 's argument fainted!
"Those who believe it won't happen" whited out!
Paid 9001 salt to the victor!

Pokebank is a joke and a rip-off in my opinion. All the games of a gen communicating is very important. If they are not, then it is sure to be a disaster.

How exactly is Bank a joke? The DS & 3DS had NO way to communicate with eachother due to how damn old (like 2004 old) the DS tech was, they needed an outsider app to be able to move the Pokemon from the carts to an app, and then to the 3DS cart. It also allowed them to address the issue that people were often filling up their PC with Pokemon, and had no way to store them as there was no on-console Pokemon storage service (like Pokemon Box) beyond Gen IV.

If you don't use Bank and have no personal use for it, fine, but calling it a joke is needless. Bank answered many issues and given their statement that it'll be updated for future games, we'll never have to worry about inter-gen transfers again. It's fair to say it's one of the better things GF has done to support this series.

Why exactly is it (gen compatibility) so important? How exactly does it cause disaster?

Game Freak already broke down this in Gen VI when OR/AS couldn't even battle with X/Y and could only trade compatible Pokemon back to it.

Bank ain't no joke, yo. Currently holding my 110% Living Dex with twice the room to spare and generating BP like the dickens. All for nothing more than an annual charge equal to the price of a bourgeois cup of coffee? Son...

Arceus the Dragon, no offense but the more you talk the less sense you make.

Somehow you went from asserting the "fact" that having Stars on the Switch "Won't cut it" which is presumption entirely and also opinion based on your part whenever you started to go on about how it would ruin gen 7 for others

next you say

"Pokebank is a joke and a rip-off in my opinion. All the games of a gen communicating is very important. If they are not, then it is sure to be a disaster."

So now you are turning your insults towards pokebank as a way of foretelling DOOOOOOOMM should your opinions prove to not be fact and Switch gets pokemon stars?

Please can you just admit that these are your opinions and stop retorting with circular arguments that have not brought anything new to the table in several pages on this forum other than that somehow Pokebank is to blame, which is hilarious in and of itself and just shows how you are grasping at straws in an attempt to pull out a valid argument why your opinion is a definite fact, it isn't.

I will commend you though for managing to keep talking for several pages, receive valid criticism about your ideas from others, and then still manage to fail to recognise that your opinions are not facts and keep using the same circular arguments.
You'd make a great politician tbqh

Arceus the Dragon, no offense but the more you talk the less sense you make.

Somehow you went from asserting the "fact" that having Stars on the Switch "Won't cut it" which is presumption entirely and also opinion based on your part whenever you started to go on about how it would ruin gen 7 for others

next you say

"Pokebank is a joke and a rip-off in my opinion. All the games of a gen communicating is very important. If they are not, then it is sure to be a disaster."

So now you are turning your insults towards pokebank as a way of foretelling DOOOOOOOMM should your opinions prove to not be fact and Switch gets pokemon stars?

Please can you just admit that these are your opinions and stop retorting with circular arguments that have not brought anything new to the table in several pages on this forum other than that somehow Pokebank is to blame, which is hilarious in and of itself and just shows how you are grasping at straws in an attempt to pull out a valid argument why your opinion is a definite fact, it isn't.

I will commend you though for managing to keep talking for several pages, receive valid criticism about your ideas from others, and then still manage to fail to recognise that your opinions are not facts and keep using the same circular arguments.
You'd make a great politician tbqh
Sorry but i make perfect sense. i know my opinion is a opinion. No need to state the obvious.

Sorry but i make perfect sense. i know my opinion is a opinion. No need to state the obvious.

Right, so you apparently don't understand what an opinion is in that case if you both say that you recognise that you were expressing your opinions but also saying that you were making perfect sense.

Opinions are not meant to make perfect sense, they are literally your feelings on the matter, so they will never make perfect sense on an objective level because there will always be some people who disagree with them.

Also please elaborate how you could possibly be in the minority in terms of your standpoint on pokemon stars for the NX if you make "Perfect sense".

Right, so you apparently don't understand what an opinion is in that case if you both say that you recognise that you were expressing your opinions but also saying that you were making perfect sense.

Opinions are not meant to make perfect sense, they are literally your feelings on the matter, so they will never make perfect sense on an objective level because there will always be some people who disagree with them.
I actually do understand what an opinion is. They make perfect sense to me.

Anyway, moving on. I really love how Stars could feel alive and more expansive on the television. Imagine surround sound with Pokemon cries. It'll feel like you are in the wild, surrounded by Pokemon. :)

I personally don't like the idea of a traditional Pokemon game being on a television. I don't feel as if it naturally belongs there.
But, you never know, it could work.

I personally don't like the idea of a traditional Pokemon game being on a television. I don't feel as if it naturally belongs there.
But, you never know, it could work.
And luckily you won't be forced to play on the TV but the option is always there. And options are always nice.

We need trainer eyes back

I hope the Protagonists get more expressions than ": )" during story cutscenes.

Since they seem to be frozen like that 95% of the time, with few exceptions, it becomes really off putting. Either that, or it makes them look crazy.

Also, bring back clothing customization options more along the lines of XY. SM's outfits are too casual for me, not enough snazz compared to Kalos.

Let me strut my stuff, GameFreak.

I think Stars is going to look awful on a TV screen in my opinion. This is another reason to keep gen 7 away from the Switch.

I think Stars is going to look awful on a TV screen in my opinion. This is another reason to keep gen 7 away from the Switch.

If gen VII will look terrible on television, then so would gen VIII. You may as well ask Gamefreak not to develop any Pokémon games for the Switch, even though playing on television is completely optional and you have the choice to never play it on television anyway.

At this point you're just making stuff up

It won't look bad on a TV because Switch is rumored to have a 720p HD screen. It will look good despite everything you say.

Do you have objective proof that this will be the case?
No need. Being on the tv is proof enough.
At this point you're just making stuff up

It won't look bad on a TV because Switch is rumored to have a 720p HD screen. It will look good despite everything you say.
No. You are making stuff up. It would look bad on tv.

No need. Being on the tv is proof enough.

No. You are making stuff up. It would look bad on tv.
...Console hardware is ALWAYS significantly stronger than handheld hardware of the same generation.

Just look at PS4 Dragon Quest XI vs 3DS Dragon Quest XI, and the difference in strength between the one that connects to the TV and the one that does not is incredibly obvious. Or Wii U Hyrule Warriors vs Hyrule Warriors Legends.

Back
Top Bottom