• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Masuda said they aren´t developing ANYTHING for the Switch YET. People can try to twist his words if they want to, but the fact remains: Masuda just confirmed they are not developing anything for the Switch yet, which can only mean 2 things:

a) Masuda is not saying the truth, they ARE developing Stars, and have been developing it with SM.
b) Eurogamer and LKD flopped really badly.

Those are the only real options. "Masuda meant they will make a third version to try out the Switch" is NOT an option. That is not what he said in that Spanish interview.

Masuda said they aren´t developing ANYTHING for the Switch YET. People can try to twist his words if they want to, but the fact remains: Masuda just confirmed they are not developing anything for the Switch yet, which can only mean 2 things:

a) Masuda is not saying the truth, they ARE developing Stars, and have been developing it with SM.
b) Eurogamer and LKD flopped really badly.

Those are the only real options. "Masuda meant they will make a third version to try out the Switch" is NOT an option. That is not what he said in that Spanish interview.

You're absolutely correct. It's either Masuda is lying or Eurogamer and LD flopped very badly. Considering the latter's track record, this would be surprising.

You're relying on a Reddit user's translation as source from a site called 'mynintendonews' which doesnt have contact details and says 'tracking the hottest news'

Seems way too farfetched to believe that this is a legit source..

This is a massive reach.

I read the complete Spanish interview on MeriStation´s official website. This is literally what Masuda says.

Denial won´t help your case, guys. Masuda indirectly contradicted Eurogamer´s leak. The translation is correct. Either Masuda is hiding information from us, or Eurogamer flopped tremendously.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware, Gamefreak's style is usually to be vague and imprecise when it comes to handling questions and information, however, this article seems to give exact details about when they want to start creating Pokémon games for the Switch, which contradicts current rumours. The only possibility I can think of to take this article as non evidence against the Switch is if Masuda is if 'future entries' refers to 'future generations' and that he wouldn't class Pokémon Stars as a future entry as to them, it would be a current entry already well into development. This is however, a very large stretch, and I admit is seemingly unlikely.

Congrats you can read Spanish. So can I.

I read the interview and it is 100% corporate talk. If anyone thinks that they will announce or deny anything in an interview they really miss how PR works in interviews. Whether it is true or not is another question but nothing in this interview says anything that is not PR talk.

Didn't Nintendo say they weren't discontinuing the Wii U and then a few months later it was discontinued anyway? Lying is not a rare thing in this business (or any business). If GF is making Stars, they've planned to reveal it on a certain time, and will not reveal it before, no matter how many leaks come out. It's as simple as that.

Only them outright stating they aren't making Stars would be some sort of proof, though Nintendo outright stated the Wii U wouldn't be discontinued, so not even a statement like that would be reliable ^^;

Either Masuda is hiding information from us, or Eurogamer flopped tremendously.
He always hides information from us. Back in July he was saying that gyms were going to remain in the series unless they found a proper alternative... Just a few weeks later it turned out that the alternative had already been found.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he say that they need to see how the Switch is received before they decide what to do with it?

He always hides information from us. Back in July he was saying that gyms were going to remain in the series unless they found a proper alternative... Just a few weeks later it turned out that the alternative had already been found.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he say that they need to see how the Switch is received before they decide what to do with it?
I am aware of this and I agree. But he wasn´t as vague as he could have been in the Spanish interview. Like, he could have said "I don´t know yet", It i too early to talk about the Switch, as it isn´t even out yet:" But instead, he gave reasons for why it is too early such as "It has to be out firs, so we can deeply analize how players use it, and how much they like it, and only then we can start thinking about how the Pokemon Franchise could benefit from it."

I still think the Stars is more likely true, but Masuda did make it a bit less likely.

Again, I agree that could very well be the case. But again, Masuda really was unnecessarily specific when telling us it is too early for them, GF, to think about a Switch Pokemon game, before knowing the fan´s reaction towards the Switch.

He was also unnecessarily specific about Virtual Console not being right for the series back in late 2014 (for bullshit reasons), and the importance of gyms just 5 months ago.

If it were up to Masuda, he really would take his time before deciding what to do with the Switch. But I don't think Nintendo let him get away with that this time around. Can he say that in an interview? Nope.

(Sigh)

You all just shoot down any evidence against Stars.

There is no implication that GF is even making Stars.

You all are Pokèmon Stars Extremists.

Did you ever pay attention to Triple Battles? Which had 6 Objects on the screen at once? Same with Rotation Battles.

A mod told us to stop with stars, and you didn't listen.

It was implied Stars is not even in the works.

But you'll say "Fuk yu strs has evidence"

Also, the next Gen 7 games may communicate with a Switch Application somehow. Remember the Dream Radar?

Well, as long as you "find" any evidence, which is not real, I'm outta here.

See Ya

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, we have three threads right now in which people have been discussing Stars. The mods most certainly did not tell you to stop with stars.

We have a rumor and nothing has come forth to outright prove it to be false. So please feel free to discuss it so long as you can keep it civil and not go at each other's throats. Thank you.

I'm on both sides of the argument. I believe that Stars is extremely fake, but if it's real, I won't complain and I'll happily buy it and play it.

Back
Top Bottom