• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Okay I'm gonna be skeptical about this for a few reasons. The first of which being that I don't think Game Freak would risk pissing off the fanbase by adding new pokemon that they cannot catch in Sun and Moon (Precedent, when OrAs came out there is no update for X/Y to add the new megas), the 2nd possible reason would be Marshadow. With that said I can see something similar to the cited example.
  • New Alolan forms. Older Pokemon get new regional variants
  • New Mega-Evolutions. In this case its exactly like Or/As
  • Not new pokemon in general, but Pokemon new to the region of Alola. Like how most third versions and BW2 operated.
The first teo would allow them to get away with adding new pokemon without messing with dex completionists because the base form is still possible to get to Sun and Moon (or to Sun and Moon), the last is just a semantic point that allows Dex Completionists a way to complete the national dex without the need for bank and old games. Soemthing the franchise does for every other generation so far.
But what if it's only a few, with two new PKMN, a two stage Alolan line (Dodrio?), and two UB. Then a few exclusive preexisting Mon.

I do honestly feel it will be just a hunk of new Alolan forms. The Dex numbers point to the latter.

I think it's more likely that the "20 new Pokemon" actually means "20 new Alolan forms or Megas", which if you count the number of Megas introduced in XY and ORAS, it would make more sense.

I'd love to see 20 entirely new Pokemon, but I do think that its possible that they could have meant new Alolan Forms or Megas. The main thing that makes me think so is Junichi Masuda's interest in developing more regional variants someday. Then again, Eurogamer doesn't think so and they're the ones who initially spread the rumor of Stars.

I'd really like a gender neutral Primarina, and a more animalistic Incineroar.
Me too. It's not the first starter Pokemon where the last form seems to be a major design shift from its middle form (Samurott, anyone?) -- and it does seem like their level of detail goes over 9000 upon their final form lately -- but this change was simply too abrupt.

Plus, that statistical shift from a fast mixed-attacking Torracat to a slow physically-oriented Incineroar. It makes Incineroar's design seem kinda forced.
Not unlike if somebody swapped Butterfree with Venomoth. lol.

Here's what Laura actually wrote:

So I talked to Tom Phillips a lot before he ran his Stars story, as I was also working on the same leak, via different sources. He had a few bits of info I did not so I stepped back and let him handle it.

He was unsure about names Stars and Eclipse, I had only heard Stars.

I have heard 20+ new monsters being saved for Stars. Tom doesn't think that's likely. I honestly do not know if folk would be happy with that or not.

It would be nice to get some actual dlc for pokemon but I doubt it

Me too. It's not the first starter Pokemon where the last form seems to be a major design shift from its middle form (Samurott, anyone?) -- and it does seem like their level of detail goes over 9000 upon their final form lately -- but this change was simply too abrupt.

Plus, that statistical shift from a fast mixed-attacking Torracat to a slow physically-oriented Incineroar. It makes Incineroar's design seem kinda forced.
Not unlike if somebody swapped Butterfree with Venomoth. lol.

I'm currently in-progress of creating a quadruped Incineroar form with heel theme, which is fast, and a mixed attacker, with an Egyptian theme...

What if we get different forms for the starters?
I'd really like a gender neutral Primarina, and a more animalistic Incineroar.

Primarina is gender neutral in it's own perspective. Only humans deal with the silly idea that masculinity and femininity HAVE to look a certain way. This idea of thinking has no place in Pokémon, in my opinion.

Primarina is gender neutral in it's own perspective. Only humans deal with the silly idea that masculinity and femininity HAVE to look a certain way. This idea of thinking has no place in Pokémon, in my opinion.

Then explain why male kirila evolve into Gallade, which is masculine. I don't have any problem in the concept of Primarina (Brionne just replaced Wartortle as my fave mid-stage).

Pokemon designs are very inconsistent regarding that topic. For ex. Froslass, and Gallade/Gardevoir lean towards our typical 'masculinity/feminine conventions'.

It would be nice to get some actual dlc for pokemon but I doubt it
I think Pokemon having too many DLCs would be a really bad idea, personally.
One small thing could tumble into 'everyone must have DLCs' to properly enjoy all the content the game actually has.
The event Pokemon are enough.

Then explain why male kirila evolve into Gallade, which is masculine. I don't have any problem in the concept of Primarina (Brionne just replaced Wartortle as my fave mid-stage).

Pokemon designs are very inconsistent regarding that topic. For ex. Froslass, and Gallade/Gardevoir lean towards our typical 'masculinity/feminine conventions'.
Not to mention the Dex specifically calls attention to Solgaleo and Lunala being masculine/feminine variants of Cosmog respectively.

Mega's. I said a few pages back that I expect a Mega theme for switch version, in relation to Zygarde and Necrozma. It's too powerful and meta centric to totally scrap the concept. It really would fit the story set up.

I think Pokemon having too many DLCs would be a really bad idea, personally.
One small thing could tumble into 'everyone must have DLCs' to properly enjoy all the content the game actually has.
The event Pokemon are enough.

For one, its quite likely that those with the DLC could possibly trade pokes with those do not have the DLC since that has been the same with all pokemon games.

2: I would rather paya fraction of the price to add-on to my current game the new pokes rather than full retail price whole new game for the 20 extra mons

3: You can't compare the Event legendaries with DLC because they are free and were in the game from the beginning, they honestly are two different things with their own pros and cons.

I'm all for DLC, as long as it isn't something that is pricey and released frequently. DLC like once or twice a year for $10-15? count me in.

A funny thing about DLC these days is that if the game features any kind of multiplayer, you effectively end up with two classes of DLC:

1 - Limited functionality between those who do/do not have the content. E.g. Mario Kart 8 packs; ORAS versus XY.
2 - "on-disc DLC". The content is already coded in so that multiplayer between those who do/do not have it can function. Event Pokemon, Monster Hunter, these are you. So when you acquire the DLC (whether free or paid), the download is actually very small, basically just something that unlocks access to the content. Smash Bros 4. is a good example -- if you look at download sizes, its software updates are MASSIVE but the actual DLC downloads are very small; guess which one actually holds those DLC assets?

Back
Top Bottom