• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I've got rather large pockets on most of my clothes. Granted, if I ended up with clothes that are too tight for even this New 3DS I have, I'll put it back into my bag if needed. No way am I gonna fit a Nintendo Switch screen by itself in there, though - I'd rather it gather dust from my bag rather than my pocket.

As for my "personal feelings" on the Switch being a handheld... Well, the kinds of games I've seen that work well for a handheld setting just don't seem to be there, aside from maybe Breath of the Wild - and even then, I think the sort of singleplayer experiences that are being brought to the table require quite a bit of commitment - more than I'd want to do from a typical handheld game. The view is influenced by the way I typically play games - for a handheld title it's much easier to just snap open my 3DS, play it for a bit (mostly Pokémon) or play a level or segment of whatever game I'm focusing on at that moment for short bursts of time rather than committing wholeheartedly to an entire hour or more of playing a more console-based experience.

Now, this might be moving a bit too far into the social aspect of it, but you can't tell me that it's not gonna be awkward at first finding people who want to play the Nintendo Switch in public places. Will people actually come out of their shell and embrace that portion?

Game Freak may be idiots but they're not that stupid. This is also based on conjecture, that there would be a third version to begin with - which I'm personally opposed to because I believe Game Freak have moved past a requirement to have those within a Generation.

It's all about timing. You need a good reason to get them to believe that investing in a Switch is a good idea - and for Pokémon specifically, I'm not sold. I don't see the benefits just yet, aside from the much greater power of the system, so whatever growth they can do on that system had better be good enough to lead me to believe that Pokémon can work on the console.

And there's a typo.

Anyone that has gathered together to play games on 3DS will still gather together to play Switch games, assuming the types of games they played together on 3DS will be available on Switch at some point. I don't see how Nintendo Switch will make those who used to meet to play 3DS, no longer want to meet to play Switch.

If you don't believe in any kind of third version, does that mean you're expecting get VIII to be on 3DS as well? Honestly, that idea seems more ridiculous than a third version. If a third version has nothing to offer that SM didn't on 3DS, then I honestly have no idea how you expect an entire new generation to benefit on the 3DS.

If you're playing the handheld part of Switch on Pokémon, it is going to be exactly like playing Pokémon on any other handheld. Then, when you insert said handheld into the dock, the only difference then will be playing Pokémon on a much larger screen. I don't understand how it can't work?

If you don't believe in any kind of third version, does that mean you're expecting get VIII to be on 3DS as well? Honestly, that idea seems more ridiculous than a third version. If a third version has nothing to offer that SM didn't on 3DS, then I honestly have no idea how you expect an entire new generation to benefit on the 3DS.
Well, I don't know how they'll go about it. Whether or not they benefit or not is not the matter I'm concerned with - rather, it's the prospect of a third version verbatim that I'd rather not have, and perhaps I should have clarified that sooner rather than later. No matter what platform it's for, I'd rather it be something like the last two Generations had - either a remake or sequel titles, which may or may not come with a robust feature upgrade. Also I'd rather it not be called Stars, but that's another matter entirely.
I don't understand how it can't work?
You're telling me that buying a system that costs as much as it does is a good idea for Pokémon. I'd rather not, tbh. It needs something beyond what lies on the surface to draw me in, be it a cool feature that takes advantage of the Nintendo Switch itself or something else - really, anything that makes it different from titles prior to it aside from the visual and plot upgrade. And no, the reemergence of Triples and Rotations is not how you do it.

Whatever... I'm done with this conversation. My mood is very, very gruff right now as a result of talking about my opinions on all of my Switch and Stars opinions and it's producing a very unpleasant mood at home.

Well, I don't know how they'll go about it. Whether or not they benefit or not is not the matter I'm concerned with - rather, it's the prospect of a third version verbatim that I'd rather not have, and perhaps I should have clarified that sooner rather than later. No matter what platform it's for, I'd rather it be something like the last two Generations had - either a remake or sequel titles, which may or may not come with a robust feature upgrade. Also I'd rather it not be called Stars, but that's another matter entirely.

You're telling me that buying a system that costs as much as it does is a good idea for Pokémon. I'd rather not, tbh. It needs something beyond what lies on the surface to draw me in, be it a cool feature that takes advantage of the Nintendo Switch itself or something else - really, anything that makes it different from titles prior to it aside from the visual and plot upgrade. And no, the reemergence of Triples and Rotations is not how you do it.

Whatever... I'm done with this conversation. My mood is very, very gruff right now as a result of talking about my opinions on all of my Switch and Stars opinions and it's producing a very unpleasant mood at home.

I have suggested before that a possible 'cheaper, handheld only' alternative to the Switch could be created for those that don't want to purchase the full Switch, however, I personally don't see anything more than that being created.

Buying an expensive console, buying expensive games and paying online services like it's a bill is stupid.

While I hate that just as much as you (yeah it's f****** stupid and overpriced), that's exactly what Sony and Microsoft have been doing for years. It's painful to pay the now $60 bill every year to continue playing my PS4 online, but I have to do it. That's how I keep in touch with and hang out and enjoy time with most of my friends back home ever since I moved.

Might be slightly off topic, but does anybody know a date Bank will update?? I'm beginning to wonder if we'll even get it in January. I already filled the Alola Dex a month ago and have the Shiny Charm, so I've been back on Gen 6 harvesting for legends in Bank. I'm already going through Ruby a second time for trade bait.

I just would have thought it to have updated by the 17th for the new Battle Season. Not sure if I'm missing information.

For this year, Game Freak shouldn't be thinking about "what's the best way to make as money in the short term", but rather "what's the best way to start making money in the long term".

Masuda may have voiced caution about moving onto the Switch soon, but he definitely referred to it as "the future". The thing is that unlike the 3DS in its youth, the Switch needs Game Freak's support sooner rather than later. Without big portable games, the Switch will end up being received in the same way as the Wii U. Since the currently announced Switch games fail to highlight the Switch's portability, Game Freak would be remiss to wait until 2019 for their Switch debut and expect that the desired install base (30+ million people) will magically be there.

Stars may be the worst selling main series game to date, but that's okay if it paves the way to more successful titles. If Eurogamer happens to be wrong about Stars, then Nintendo's strategy is highly questionable.

Sun/Moon are still selling and still new games. It wouldn't make any sense to give the public a reason to not buy the newest games by promoting a better version in the far off future. If they wanted us to hear about Pokemon on the Switch before its launch, they'd have done so in the presentation.

Sun/Moon are still selling and still new games. It wouldn't make any sense to give the public a reason to not buy the newest games by promoting a better version in the far off future. If they wanted us to hear about Pokemon on the Switch before its launch, they'd have done so in the presentation.
I guess I'm going off of reading somewhere that Nintendo had another commercial this year (Pokemon commercial during last year's game) and seeing how the Switch has been revealed already, something new and big enough for one draws me toward Pokemon again.

Also, if it's a third version, it makes more financial sense to air it and release sooner than later, particularly to market a new system.

So Pokemon Bank has been datamined once again. It seems there's only game IDs for four Gen 7 game (Sun/Moon, and who knows what the other two would be... If they're used, that is).

EDIT: It should be noted that the first four GameBoy IDs say
"traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Kanto region in the good old days," while the last three say "a distant land" instead of Kanto.

Also the "horohoro" is the Go symbol, can't really be anything else tbh.

View: https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/823912536349229056

Last edited:
39-41 should be for GSC.

I don't see a reason why they couldn't use 28-29 for Generation VII. Sure, right now they're associated with a pentagon, but any new games could change that (as could a patch for Sun/Moon, but that isn't even important). 42-43 are also possible, and would actually make sense for Kanto/Johto sequels.

I just hope that no one uses this to say that there can only be two more titles, or that Stars has to be two versions, when that sort of flawed logic led people to believe that Generation VI had to have two more games after ORAS.

Last edited:
I just hope that no one uses this to say that there can only be two more titles, or that Stars has to be two versions, when that sort of flawed logic led people to believe that Generation VI had to have two more games after ORAS.

"The fact that 28/29 are still associated with the pentagon is obviously evidence that Stars will be two games featuring both Alola and Kalos. One region gets the clover, the other gets the pentagon!"

You know this is coming.

"The fact that 28/29 are still associated with the pentagon is obviously evidence that Stars will be two games featuring both Alola and Kalos. One region gets the clover, the other gets the pentagon!"

You know this is coming.
Not sure how that could make sense to anyone when both 28 and 29 currently use the pentagon, which is a generational symbol rather than a regional one.

Not sure how that could make sense to anyone when both 28 and 29 currently use the pentagon, which is a generational symbol rather than a regional one.

I don't know how a lot of absurd theories make sense to the people who espouse them. That reboot theory last year had a scary number of believers. :confused:

What reboot theory?

The one that chap Lockstin made a 45 minute video about (and I think there was another guy with a similar idea), working in all of the "alchemy theme" stuff (which is another big theory misfire on its own) to reach the conclusion that the franchise was going to be rebooted after SM.

The believership wasn't really on here much, but on other sites, I'd see a decent number of followers, or people who thought it was at least plausible, or more circulations of the video.

The one that chap Lockstin made a 45 minute video about (and I think there was another guy with a similar idea), working in all of the "alchemy theme" stuff (which is another big theory misfire on its own) to reach the conclusion that the franchise was going to be rebooted after SM.
That sounds like absolute hogwash, but then most of the alchemy theories were pretty out there.

Might be slightly off topic, but does anybody know a date Bank will update?? I'm beginning to wonder if we'll even get it in January. I already filled the Alola Dex a month ago and have the Shiny Charm, so I've been back on Gen 6 harvesting for legends in Bank. I'm already going through Ruby a second time for trade bait.

I just would have thought it to have updated by the 17th for the new Battle Season. Not sure if I'm missing information.

According to a tweet I just read, Nintendo uploaded the bank update to the CDN, so it may have an official release as soon as tonight. There's someone already data mining the update.

That sounds like absolute hogwash, but then most of the alchemy theories were pretty out there.

I marathoned the entire theory (It was more then one 45 min video, it was several) and I have to agree. Though I also appreciated the research they went through for it, it relied too much on what might had been a coincidence and the whole "it all comes together" bit. Then again I seen it after going thought the plot at least 1 and a half times so hindsight was with me.

BYW are there any other theories regarding alchemicy and did they also mentioned the Azoth?

I marathoned the entire theory (It was more then one 45 min video, it was several) and I have to agree. Though I also appreciated the research they went through for it, it relied too much on what might had been a coincidence and the whole "it all comes together" bit. Then again I seen it after going thought the plot at least 1 and a half times so hindsight was with me.

BYW are there any other theories regarding alchemicy and did they also mentioned the Azoth?
The Azoth theory is definitely a real thing, it's just a matter of interpretation. I've posted so many things about it in this thread. It all links to the Azoth chart beautifully. If you look into it, it's really cool. Personally, I feel Necrozma is the key to the seventh hidden step of Azoth, and combined with Vitriol (Zygarde) are the keys to Mega evolution. A switch version in my opinion would probably add no new PKMN, but definitely add some Megas. Also will probably be how we can finally access the other Mega stones not obtainable thus far.

Just in case you also had not seen, the PKMN movie with Volcanyon and Magearna states it was made by royalty of an ancient land. The place is literally called the Azoth Kingdom. Pretty much erased doubt for me.

View: https://youtu.be/2ekQZw1hjx8

STARS?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom